Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty 3DS hype? Where is it boards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    You pay more than a cinema ticket to own the DVD :confused: But thats a terrible analogy anyway.

I've regularly gotten more time from a portable game than a console game and the idea that they're simpler to make doesn't fly either. The big portable games have huge teams and long development times just like console games.

Bollocks, you wont see Super SF4 3D in the finals at evo, you wanna play that game properly your not gonna do it on a damn handheld, no way should it be anywhere near the price of the console version.

Its insanity. The whole point of these systems is cheaper portable gaming.

Again, whats next, 60 euro iphone games? And people justifying the price? madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Sisko wrote: »
    Bollocks, you wont see Super SF4 3D in the finals at evo, you wanna play that game properly your not gonna do it on a damn handheld, no way should it be anywhere near the price of the console version.

Again, whats next, 60 euro iphone games? And people justifying the price? madness.

ive learned that people will find any reason to justify anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

And you won't see someone playing the console version on a bus. But I don't see the relevance of your point here. The games entertain you on the go, why does that have to be cheaper than a game that entertains you at home?
    :confused:

Where did you get that from, the whole point of these systems is to make money and at a launch price the same as it currently costs to buy a PS3 or 360 they're not aiming to make cheap portable gaming.
    iPhone games tend to be short and simple, devs aren't going to develop a game worth €60 for the iPhone as people won't pay it because of the perception that iPhone games are simple and should be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Handheld games have always been 40-45 euro as far as i can remember...no? :confused:

If there's problems with the prices....yknow theres always the option of waiting til they're cheaper.....or just not buying them...plenty of other games out there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭randomuser77

Can't believe there's so much discussion about this, but Ciaran500 is right. Welcome to capitalism. If iPhone apps would be bought for €60 then they would be sold for €60. No one is obliged to charge a "fair" price, people can charge whatever they like. So long as demand exists, that is the price that they will continue to charge. If that demand ceases to exist, as it probably will because Sisko's thinking is probably representative of the market, then they will become cheaper. Don't like the price? Don't buy then. For the time being however, while the novelty of portable 3D gaming is driving sales, expect to pay above the odds.

I can't justify 1 euro now, so 60 would be inconceivable to me.
    All they are, are ports of old flash games which are free and in the public domain, to a phone using cuter sprites.
    Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Where did you get that from, the whole point of these systems is to make money and at a launch price the same as it currently costs to buy a PS3 or 360 they're not aiming to make cheap portable gaming.

She means in the past a GB game was about 15 pounds, which is probably around 30 euro now.
    Which is around the price we're paying now for 3DS games, which cost more to make.
    I think it's fair, but I too would love a cheap game which kept the expensive production values we're accustomed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Are 3DS games going to be 60 euro? I would have expected a 50 euro max price considering development costs are similar to the wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

megaten wrote: »
    Are 3DS games going to be 60 euro? I would have expected a 50 euro max price considering development costs are similar to the wii.

pretty sure they arent....no idea where whoever pulled that figure from got it?

im also expecting a 50 euro max price as well.

edit: amazon list a list price of 39.99 pounds for games...with them selling most for the 30 mark.
    40 pounds = 46/47 euro. so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

All the launch games are about €35 - €42 online.

• Advertisement

35 euro is the price I've been seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Well guys befor ei go to work i have came to say this thread has turned in to the 3DS bit.ch thread where nobody has anything good to say about it just like the kinect where is a great thing that Microsoft came up with which has turned out to be when of the greatest things to come out for gaming in years

The PS move was post to be the wii and kinect better but sadly was not it turned out to be a the great waste of money i have ever spent on anything on my ps3 xbox or pc it has only been used about 8 times max and when i was in college no when wonted to play the PS move even me.

Then the kinect came out after over a year and 1/2 of bit.ching on boards over it people liked it and had fun with it after been giveing out about it for that long time frame

Now with the 3DS coming out the boards.ie bit.ching has pulled into full gear now. NGP is going to kill the 3DS we all know that it does not have a hope in hell after the cra.p that was the PSP i know a lot of people who have one and never used it after a year at best.

Also is anyone ever happy on boards really. How much is this game going to cost why is it 50 euros why not 45 euros come on grow up. Get of your ass and get a job then just bit.ch all day about having now money to buy games on boards. I work i full time job at 50 hours a weak and i am coming home with some great pay for a 19 year old. Also you guys must be the smelly fat fools who shop in gamestop and game. I have stopped going to game shops because there is allays smelly people like yous there shopping for games. Also i bet i have had more action with the girls this year then what you have had in your hole life's. Also i will bet that i am the only one who has a girlfriend who posts on the games thread on boards

Sorry for this but it was needed to go put into your heads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Errr.... Derp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

wFK16.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The PS move was post to be the wii and kinect better but sadly was not it turned out to be a the great waste of money i have ever spent on anything on my ps3 xbox or pc it has only been used about 8 times max and when i was in college no when wonted to play the PS move even me.

Punctuation, please.
    Get of your ass and get a job then just bit.ch all day about having now money to buy games on boards. I work i full time job at 50 hours a weak and i am coming home with some great pay for a 19 year old.

Fair play. I work a full time job at 50 hours a week and I buy games too. What's your point? I have no interest in the 3DS because it's launch lineup is one of the weakest launch lineups on any console in the last 10 years -- fact. Doesn't mean I won't pick one up by the end of the year, though. Looking forward to the AAA titles that are sure to come in the next year.
    Also you guys must be the smelly fat fools

How to make friends, by samapple789.

Lay off the insults, Sam, or you'll be taking a break from the forum. Insulting other forum members is against the charter. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Samapple i loled. You did not looked too mature. Better go get second job, as you will need it. Nintendo will make new power glove soon and i bet its something you will buy.

I work full time, i pay bills and rent. I know worth to my money. 3ds is not worth it atm. I allready did mistake by buying wii, i am not steping in **** twice.

I canceled preirder, and i am happy i did. It might be cool device, but god.... Price is just stupid... I will get. It when all nintendo fanbots will give milions to nintendo, and they will decide to drop price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The 3DS launched in Japan today they must be delighted a cheap enough price compared to Europe & they get the new Layton game too. We already know people are getting robbed a launch I think as it gets closer to launch the more it hurts. I'm not planning to buy it but i'll wait to see the NGP price to make a choice.

Mr E wrote: »
    Punctuation, please.
    lol, it's a lot more than punctuation you need to be asking about.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    The 3DS launched in Japan today they must be delighted a cheap enough price compared to Europe
    It's only about 6 pounds less than the UK.

The "bit.ching" and moaning about Nintendo consoles never stops.
    They announce things with great promise, and come launch time it's dawned on you that they over-stated nearly everything.
    In this case Nintendo said very little, but game sites etc. said enough for them.
    That's what I think anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Nintendo announced Super Mario 3DS at the GDC today it'll get a full reveal at E3.They also announced that the Ocarina of Time remake will be released in the US in June.I presume Europe will get it 3 days later as usual.

Reggie announced 3D video recording, and netflix on the 3ds which will allow you to pause on 3ds, and continue watching on Wii or vice versa, also you can watch something on wii and something different on 3ds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

GTR63 wrote: »
    I presume Europe will get it 3 days later as usual.
    That's presuming a lot, this is nintendo we're talking about.

Well, what Iwata actually said was "It is our intention for you to be playing [zelda3ds] in June."
    That could mean it'll just be playable at e3.
    He didn't say anything about the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Played the 3ds today. Just the faceshooting game and the card reading game. I have to say I'm well impressed. The 3D is really good and not too hard on the eyes thanks to the slider.

Most if not all GAME shops have them I think. Check it!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Got to have a go of one myself today, in game on Dawson street. Quite impressd really, the 3D worked fairly well, although I sometimes have difficulty with 3D movies and the like so I'm sure it would be better for others.

Played the AR stuff as well, the game itself was quite dull but it worked really well and the possibilities are very exciting.

Without actually playing any games its hard to say much about it other than it felt just like a DSlite in my hands and thats a good thing. That price point is still way to high for me to really consider it but I think it could be a big hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Won't be buying one of these at launch, not just because of the price, the launch titles aren't anything special either. Also I can get great games on iphone for less than a euro, the ds and psp just aren't competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm really interested in the machine from a tech standpoint and look forward to seeing the 3D properly, but as it stands I agree. Over priced for what you get.
    Also you guys must be the smelly fat fools who shop in gamestop and game. I have stopped going to game shops because there is allays smelly people like yous there shopping for games. Also i bet i have had more action with the girls this year then what you have had in your hole life's. Also i will bet that i am the only one who has a girlfriend who posts on the games thread on boards

Hold on a second and take a look at yourself. You are on the internet. On a gaming forum. Typing this crap. As a response to people discussing the lack of quality games and how they're over priced for a new games console?

Take a step back and look at yourself for a second. You really can't say anything about anyone on this forum when your on here yourself making such self humiliating posts such as that.

So your a teenager with money , do what any teenager does with money and blow it all senselessly while you can. When you get older you'll appreciate things more and question the price of things even if you can afford it. For the mean time, enjoy it and don't let people talking about reality on an internet forum wreck your buzz so much that you make an utter fool of yourself on the same forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Interesting development on the anti-piracy front...

Apparently the 3DS can log whenever a flash card has been used on it. With that information, they could potentially push a console-bricking firmware update....

Bloody hell...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-07-nintendo-3ds-logs-flash-cart-use

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Why do Nintendo keep giving me reasons not to buy a 3DS? I really want one ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Mr E wrote: »
    Interesting development on the anti-piracy front...

Apparently the 3DS can log whenever a flash card has been used on it. With that information, they could potentially push a console-bricking firmware update....

Bloody hell...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-07-nintendo-3ds-logs-flash-cart-use

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Nintendo can not brick anyones system without the person who owns the said hacked 3ds letting that update happen. If they do send updates without the owner of the 3ds knowing about it Nintendo will have a lot of law suits on their hands world wide.

Dont worry about this rumour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

To be honest I'm happy about that development, for the simple reason that it will hopefully clamp down on the ridiculous level of piracy that was seen on the DS. As far a legitimate uses of flashcards are concerned, I don't need my 3DS to act as an organiser or mp3 player or the like, when every single smartphone on the market can do those things far better.

Advertisement