Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick survey on reducing your household bills?

• 09-09-2010 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

OU project

Its multiple choice and will take 60 seconds tops.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

cjt156 wrote: »
    OU project

Its multiple choice and will take 60 seconds tops.
    My showers supplied direct from mains but I've filled out questionaire nonetheless..
    Also, occupant behaviour in my house would be to avoid using immersion. Its rarely used - might want to factor these things into your survey ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Do you want comments?
    The survey comes across as more of a marketing gimmick than a survey. You are steering answers in the direction you want them to go.

I have no problem heating more water than I need as the tank is insulated so by the time the heating comes on again the next day the boiler only has to top up the hot water rather than starting from cold. Any heat that does escape keeps the hot press just warm, which is suitable for finishing airing clothes.

The question about the cost should read 'how much would you be prepared to pay' rather than 'what should it cost'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

In my opinion there is no benefit to knowing how much hot water is in your tank. when i was you my dad use to test the tank by putting his hand on it. But this is due to the fact that the immersion would need to be put on

I currently set my heating(hot water only) to come on an hour in the evening and this gives me all the summertime hot water i need. In an emergency as i have 3 bathrooms I have a t90 in one. I imagine a lot of houses to be the same.

The hard part of the survey is not convincing me that a gadjet can be produced for a tenner that will tell me how much hot water i have the hard part is convincing me i need such a gadjet when i can do without

Having said that they did say the beetles were crap and elvis sang like a women... So knock yourself out...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement