Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dallas [TNT - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus... it'll be zimmerframes at dawn between Hagman and Kercheval. :)

Isn't Cliff the real father of John Ross or am I wrong :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Isn't Cliff the real father of John Ross or am I wrong :confused:

Sue Ellen had an affair with Cliff and was claiming that he was John Ross' father. Eventually Cliff sued for paternity rights. Eventually, blood tests revealed that J.R. was the father of John Ross, not Cliff,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

WTF is this?....what have they done to the show :confused:

http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/cache/dallas/season-1/Posters%20and%20Wallpapers/TNT_Dallas_TeaseArt-Horizontal-Mark-Seliger_FULL.jpg

reg_1024.dallas.mh.032812.jpg

Mod Edit: Jumbo browser-breaking picture removed. Shrink first if you want to embed.

^ just to remind everyone what the promo pic relates to :p

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭trendy88

Im gonna say there was some serious airbrushing involved in the Promo Poster-that being said I went back and watched Dallas from the beginning years ago one summer when it was on RTE and I loved it. Super excited for its return. Hope it lives up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Trish97

I am really excited about Dallas returning but I am slightly disappointed that Bobby and Christopher don't seem to have the same close relationship. I have read the spoilers and that is how I know this. What do you guys think? I have always loved Bobby hes my favorite character :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Reserving judgement til I see the actual show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

I hear a Glenroe is on the way back too......... well holy god :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Starts tomorrow night in US....cant wait to see what it turns out like - eternal optimist :)

http://www.tntdrama.com/series/dallas

CHANGING OF THE GUARD
    Season 1 Episode 1
    Premieres Wednesday, June 13 at 9/8c
    Two decades since viewers last saw them, the Ewings are back. Television's first family of drama, sabotage, secrets and betrayal are gathering at Southfork Ranch for the upcoming wedding of Bobby's adopted son, Christopher, to Rebecca Sutter. Although the occasion is joyous, an old family rivalry crosses generations after secret oil drilling on Southfork results in a major gusher. Everyone has his or her own agenda when the fight over oil and land threatens to tear the Ewings apart once again.

Early buzz is very good.....

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/dallas-2012

First ep. is now out......

Larry Hagman's eyebrows are epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes myself.. a great mix of the old cast and the new and JR has still got it (but I love nostalgia and the 80s)

I'm gonna keep watching anyway :)

Same here. I thought it was great fun (as a fan of the original). Not sure how total Dallas newbies will take to it.

Mr E wrote: »
    Same here. I thought it was great fun (as a fan of the original). Not sure how total Dallas newbies will take to it.

And that's always the problem with a show like this, but luckily there's enough of us "oldies" around that hopefully the ratings will be solid rather than having it cancelled before it gets going.

Just hope they stick with it - fickle Americans! :p

Must admit I had a LOL moment myself when JR gets called for physio by the attractive nurse and reacts like "oh goody!" For a moment I thought "ahhh JR.. never change!" before remembering he's over 80 now! All credit to Hagman for slipping back so seamlessly into the role/hat? :D that it's like he never went away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭brick man

hi, I am just wondering how do you get to watch it as every time I try it says not available in your area . Any help would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Just after watching the first episode, thought it was really good!

Only got to watch the first two episodes last night. I'm really impressed. Episode 1 was a good setup and Episode 2 just flew by. I'd forgotten what a legend JR is! It's brilliant. He might be older but he's the same as I remember him. When I was a kid I thought Bobby was a schmuck but with a few more years under the belt he's actually really likeable. I'm hoping the cancer is just a thing that will go away and he'll stay around. If the show does take off I can see JR bowing out in time as Hagman is in his 80's and a full show commitment can't be easy for a guy that age but I'd hope Bobby stays around. I like the new guys but Dallas aint Dallas without Bobby, Sue-Ellen and JR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I watched the first episode over the weekend. I don't like any of the 'new' women in it! The first episode has 3 interchangeable brunettes, all of whom look a bit B list for my liking. It's good to see the old guard back, but overall I can't really see this lasting too long? Ok, I've only seen one episode but it does come accross like the type of show that wouldn't get a second season any more.

Interesting thought Teyla. I lost track of who the three girls were. I only really took to the marta one. Even John Ross & Christopher are a bit bland. I may be totally biased but JR & Bobby can steal scenes. It might be a bedding in thing though. Jesse Metcalf stands out for me but that's because I tried to watch over the season of Texas Rangers or whatever that Rangers cop show he was in the season before last was called.

I have to say though that thanks to the interchangeability of the brunettes, I don't get the whole note thing or who John Ross is supposed to be marrying. I suppose I don't care enough but, Dalla being Dallas, he'll be carrying on with one of the other brunettes soon enough anyway.

squonk wrote: »
    I have to say though that thanks to the interchangeability of the brunettes, I don't get the whole note thing or who John Ross is supposed to be marrying. I suppose I don't care enough but, Dalla being Dallas, he'll be carrying on with one of the other brunettes soon enough anyway.

As you say, this'll probably be outdated by the next episode but... :p

Christopher was supposed to be marrying Elena (who is with John Ross now) but on the eve of their wedding she received an email from Christopher basically saying that they were too different for it to work and calling it off.

But.. it turns out now that Christopher didn't send the email and still loves her. Still, Elena ran away to Mexico where John Ross followed her and they got together. In the meantime, Christopher met his new wifey in China.

So the question is.. who sent the email? Was it John Ross (who denies it but is the obvious choice) or... someone else??!! (dun-dun...DUNNNNN!!!!) :D

Rebecca could be Cliff Barnes daughter so that would make her Christopher's cousin *yikes*

Listed as a guest star for tonight's episode:
    Ken Kercheval (Cliff Barnes)

Hopefully it's a scene with JR. :o

Mr E wrote: »
    Listed as a guest star for tonight's episode:
    Ken Kercheval (Cliff Barnes)

Hopefully it's a scene with JR. :o

I saw on IMDB he was lined up for an appearance. I was disappointed at the wedding last week when they said flat out that Cliff wasn't going to be there. I thought it was something along the lines of him being asked to take part in the new series but declined, which would have been a real pity I thought.

I still think the new guys have a long way to go before they become the monumental badasses JR & Cliff were/are!

Anyone seen last nights eppy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

hope larry stays healthy and remains on the show jr is a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Anyone seen last nights eppy?

Am watching it now. Couldn't really tell you what is happening. There's so much backstabbing my head is in a spin.

Ken Kercheval looks older than Larry Hagman.....

Good episode though. The old guard are still out-acting the youngsters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭McSween

where can i watch this online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I promised myself that I wouldn't watch it, but dagnabbit all the connivery/backstabbing & dramas has me hooked. Well played Dallas, well played.

Episode 3 still solid. Loved the line about JR and his enemies.... :p

The old crew are what make it though. I don't think I'd be watching if the show was depending on the kids to sell it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just watched the first 3 episodes, loved it.
    J.R is back baby:D

enjoyed ep 3 myself. It's not put a foot wrong since it started. I hope they keep it up. Nice to see that Bobby's cancer has conveniently gone away. Ah 80's Soap Opera, it's like you never left :)

enjoyed ep 3 myself. It's not put a foot wrong since it started. I hope they keep it up. Nice to see that Bobby's cancer has conveniently gone away. Ah 80's Soap Opera, it's like you never left :)

Ah but it may come back yet depending on the writers :)

Give me good ole 80s back-stabbing, glamour, crazy plot twists and drama any day over the dreary depressing drivel that is Eastenders etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Where are you all watching it? :confused:

..or should I have said y'all

Chucken wrote: »
    Where are you all watching it? :confused:

..or should I have said y'all

Well I don't know about everyone else but personally speaking, I'm flying over to the States every weekend, taking Monday off to fly back. The Jetlag is a killer though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

Well I don't know about everyone else but personally speaking, I'm flying over to the States every weekend, taking Monday off to fly back. The Jetlag is a killer though! :D

One problem though, it airs Wednesday in the states so you have a few days to avoid spoilers, better idea to fly out on Wednesday and back on Thursday :D

KMFCross wrote: »
    One problem though, it airs Wednesday in the states so you have a few days to avoid spoilers, better idea to fly out on Wednesday and back on Thursday :D

Oh yeah, I forgot! That's what I'm doing! Doing so much travelling lately I don't know what day it is! I might have to move over on a J1 once White Collar and Breaking Bad start back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

Oh yeah, I forgot! That's what I'm doing! Doing so much travelling lately I don't know what day it is! I might have to move over on a J1 once White Collar and Breaking Bad start back :D

Just get your american Friends / Cousins to tape it and post it over, much cheaper for ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

:p
    :(
    Tell me?

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    :p
    :(
    Tell me?

I acquire it from my american cousins. I'm not allowed talk about the colour of the envelopes they put the tapes into or what mail class they use on this forum though.

Wasn't that rain in Cork and Belfast something else last night! Seriously torrential if you ask me!

Eppy 4.....oh the drama! + YAY mods! :)

Eppy 4.....oh the drama! + YAY mods! :)
    Another solid episode alright. It's great watching a master at work as he manipulates all round him. All credit to Larry Hagman who looks in great form.

Normally I wouldn't ask this, but because I'm really enjoying this so far.. how's the ratings look? :o

Definitely agree! Another great episode. Its just great TV. I was just thinking last night when watching that the likes of EastEnders and whatever else passes for soap over here doesn't hold a candle to it. I'll take JR being a complete bastard any day over a bunch of narky, ugly bints roaring at each other down the pub.

TNT just announced via Twitter that Dallas has been renewed for a second season!

• Advertisement
Advertisement