Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dallas [TNT - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

loved the first episode tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

Have to say I thought it was quite good tonight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

sheao wrote: »
    Have to say I thought it was quite good tonight.

Agreed. The acting was solid and the plot was engaging right from the word go. I think having the actors from the original series was very important and if the following episodes are like the opening one I can see good things for this new series.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This show will turn into another Revenge, guilty please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I enjoyed it but at the same time I found it a bit sad - the old actors and charachters who are now dead and the one's who still live but are dying or withering away.

And the fact that Charlene Tilton has turned into Dolly Parton!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

This show will turn into another Revenge, guilty please.

Eh, Revenge is another Dallas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Well it was/is a cultural icon and will probably draw in huge viewers for them so who can blame them :p

Yep great ratings for TV3

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yep great ratings for TV3
    Great rating alright, a massive 842,500...RTE will be kicking themselves they didnt get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Great rating alright, a massive 842,500...RTE will be kicking themselves they didnt get it...

Bloody hell, that is massive!! :eek:

Where did you get that figure by the way, been googling like mad here but with no success? :confused:

Edit: found it.

http://www.thescore.ie/did-you-see-dallas-last-night-heres-how-it-went-down-583708-Sep2012/

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

OK I'm confused. Dallas started last monday on TV3. So why is the RTE guide promoting for this week coming?

Also according to the Guide it is on TV3 on Sunday and Monday nights this week.

whats going on..?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭grover_green

thought it was pure garbage

patrick duffy has to be the lamest actor who ever lived

thought it was pure garbage

patrick duffy has to be the lamest actor who ever lived

What the hell? He is excellent in this, he is given more of a roll than the others and is very strong in it! Give it a few episodes before you decide!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

Also according to the Guide it is on TV3 on Sunday and Monday nights this week.

whats going on..?
    TV3 repeats Dallas on a Sunday evening.

Also on Sunday

Bring Back...Dallas is on TV3 at 22:00 on Sunday 9th September
    Justin Lee Collins reunites the cast members and some crew of one of the great American soap operas, Dallas meeting Mary Crosby (Kristin Shepard), Linda Gray (Sue Ellen Ewing) and Ken Kercheval (Cliff Barnes)

Dallas started last monday on TV3. So why is the RTE guide promoting for this week coming?

Because the RTE Gude is owned by RTE.

The other Irish TV Guide (I can't think of it's name) usually gives priority to TV3 programmes.

its nearly dallas time again...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

Could anybody explain to me where all the Ewing money has gone? Bobby is forced to sell his ranch to lend Christopher a couple of million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think Ewing Oil (as it was in the 80s) is gone, or a shadow of its former glory. They're not as wealthy as they once were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Mr E wrote: »
    I think Ewing Oil (as it was in the 80s) is gone, or a shadow of its former glory. They're not as wealthy as they once were.
    Wikipedia says Cliff Barnes owns Ewing Oil now.

I loved Episode 2 but not so much Episode 1. I think this series will have 10 episodes and a second series is planned.

I'm realy curious as to who sent the fake email to Elena breaking up with Christopher.

Edit: I've removed a spoiler but not Barnes owning Ewing oil as I'm pretty sure that was in the final series in 1991.

If Barnes owns it then surely the Ewings got something for it?

Anyway-while it was great to see Larry and Bobby Im still not sure about the series. Its a bit predictable. The characters are your usual American rich fodder -not much depth. Contrast this with Revenge where the story lines are more complex and the angle is more unique. Give it a few more shows..

Why does John Ross claim he is the first born Ewing grandchild, JR had another son James Beaumont

SashaMitchell.jpg

• Advertisement

I hope George Kennedy makes an appearance in the second season

Lockedout wrote: »
    If Barnes owns it then surely the Ewings got something for it?

Anyway-while it was great to see Larry and Bobby Im still not sure about the series. Its a bit predictable. The characters are your usual American rich fodder -not much depth. Contrast this with Revenge where the story lines are more complex and the angle is more unique. Give it a few more shows..
    Edit: What happened is explained here (episode 355).
    JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Why does John Ross claim he is the first born Ewing grandchild, JR had another son James Beaumont
    I read on wikipedia that this remains to be seen.....

My personal opinion, without knowing, is that James Beaumont was just after the Ewing's money and was in fact the son of Vanessa Beaumont's husband. You'd think a sly fox like J.R. would have demanded a paternity test before accepting him as his son. Don't forget in the old series the imposter who pretended to be Jock Ewing.

Cliff Barnes is back tonight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Well that kid would have been a bastard and he wouldn't be counted as the first born.

Im enjoying seeing Larry Hagman but at 82 you wonder how many years he can do this? He to me is the lynch pin of the series. None of the new Characters have his potential/appeal. If he goes-down go the ratings. How is his health??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Im enjoying seeing Larry Hagman but at 82 you wonder how many years he can do this? He to me is the lynch pin of the series. None of the new Characters have his potential/appeal. If he goes-down go the ratings. How is his health??

He's recently recovered from throat cancer and is in remission which is great news obviously. He was going through chemo while filming so time with him on set was limited. This explains his more gravelly sounding voice in Season 1.

He's 80 actually. Patrick Duffy/Bobby has a strong fan-network too, as evidenced by the producers begging him to come back after his death (in Pam's dream as it later turned out) proved bad for ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

The missus missed last nights episode.

Is it repeated on 3e or anything?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Dub XV wrote: »

This Sunday at 11pm...:)

• Advertisement

Dub XV wrote: »

If you get Channel 5 it's on tomorrow (Wed) at 9.00pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

i think it is amazing.

I take it it will transpire that christopher is JR's son, all that "you'll never be a ewing christopher" stuff. Didn't Bobby buy him and wasnt' it from Kristen who JR had an affair with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Katgurl wrote: »
    i think it is amazing.

I take it it will transpire that christopher is JR's son, all that "you'll never be a ewing christopher" stuff. Didn't Bobby buy him and wasnt' it from Kristen who JR had an affair with?

Asked and answered earlier (by me - big Dallas nerd that I am!) :p

I'd like to see Jenna Wade (Priscilla Presley) come back.

I know I said the show is dependant on Larry H but christ his wizened features freak me out a bit. Should a man in his 80s still be acting? However, bar him no outstanding actors. Patrick Duffy hasnt learned anything new the last 20 years. Think back to the original series-Jock. Ms Ellie, Lucy-all acted brilliantly. Sure the acting is not wooden but no sparks for me.

Source TVLine

Annie Wersching will recur during Season 2 of the hit cable drama Dallas as
    an ambitious and sexy transportation commissioner. Sources say
    that Wersching’s character, though married, just might mix it up with John
    Ross and/or Christopher

Other announced additions which premieres 28th of January 2013, include
    Walking Dead alum Emma Bell (as a series regular) and Emmy winner Judith Light,
    while Ted Shackelford and Joan Van Ark will reprise their Knots Landing roles of
    Gary and Valene Ewing

• Advertisement

I think someone mentioned that Gary Ewing will be in season 2. Im glad to hear that. Dont think thats a spoiler really-is it?

The show is growing on me. Its a bit gritter than the original. Particularly that murder last week. However, I think the scene where Tommy tries to kiss his "sister" -quite contrived. Why is she not more open with Christopher now?

The whole thing about Bobby's wife having a love child is just clinched. I know you cant avoid them in these dramas but come on-must do better! Im sorry Im terrible on names!

Anyway-its growing on me.I dont find Larry Hagman's wizened face scary any more. The acting is improving or Im simply more tolerant of it.

Some exciting casting news for Dallas fans!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dallas-Knots-Landing-1055182.aspx?rss=news&partnerid=spi&profileid=05
    Lucy/Charlene Tilton returning
    :)

Some exciting casting news for Dallas fans!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dallas-Knots-Landing-1055182.aspx?rss=news&partnerid=spi&profileid=05
    Lucy/Charlene Tilton returning
    :)
    She is already in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MacBoogerBalls

She is already in it.
    True, it should be
    Garry and Val
    I hated Val in Knots Landing.

Gary not badlooking for his age (66):

dallas-ted-now-290x400.jpg

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed the last episode revelations. The series is growing on me. The scene with Annie and her ex husband (beautifully played-this guy is the real JR of the series) was chilling. I hope we see more of him in season 2. Didnt watch last 15 minutes but will this eve.

Is JR a bit soft compared to by-gone series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭McSween

Harris Ryland is brilliant Lockedout. Love the way he produced the bottle of wine to Sue Ellen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I really enjoyed the last episode revelations. The series is growing on me. The scene with Annie and her ex husband (beautifully played-this guy is the real JR of the series) was chilling.

I got the impression that Christopher was Annie's son from the envelope that her ex gave to Bobby, when he threw the envelope on the fire you could clearly see Annie holding a baby and her extreme reaction that Christopher was going to become a father. Anyone else think that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

What - Annie is Christopher's mother? Christopher is the child of Kristen (Sue-ellen's sister) and JR, is he not? Wasn't that the old story but Bobby & Pam bought him.

Im almost certain Christopher's paternity is the son of Kirstein but JR is not the father. Bobby thought that JR was the father and thats why he "bought him" . Christopher's father was trying to sell him as JR's son to up the price . Bobby was in the process of brining the baby to JR (whom he thought was the father) when Pam saw him and assumed Bobby had got her a baby through some form of adoption.

JR found out and wanted to blackmail Bobby by threatening to take away the baby from a smitten Pam. He said he would just be Uncle JR if Bobby gave up his share of Ewing oil. Bobby eventually found out that the man selling Christopher was in fact his father and told JR to FXXX off. I think Chorister's dad is now dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Katgurl wrote: »
    What - Annie is Christopher's mother? Christopher is the child of Kristen (Sue-ellen's sister) and JR, is he not? Wasn't that the old story but Bobby & Pam bought him.

Sorry Katgurl, it was just the impression I got when I saw the photo of Annie and a baby. I did not realise that Kirsten was Christophers mother until I read this thread. I wonder what the story will turn out to be between Annie and this baby.

cofy wrote: »
    Sorry Katgurl, it was just the impression I got when I saw the photo of Annie and a baby. I did not realise that Kirsten was Christophers mother until I read this thread. I wonder what the story will turn out to be between Annie and this baby.
    Kristen not Kirsten. :p

I don't see how Kristen could not be Christopher's mother or how Annie could be given in the old series she was nowhere to be seen.

My guess about the secret is that she cheated on Bobby with Ryland and they have a lovechild. Or else maybe she is Rebecca's mother with Cliff Barnes. Maybe this whole marriage to Bobby, and Rebecca's to Christopher, is part of some terrible plot by Cliff Barnes to finally bring the Ewings down....

Kristen not Kirsten. :p

I don't see how Kristen could not be Christopher's mother or how Annie could be given in the old series she was nowhere to be seen.

My guess about the secret is that she cheated on Bobby with Ryland and they have a lovechild. Or else maybe she is Rebecca's mother with Cliff Barnes. Maybe this whole marriage to Bobby, and Rebecca's to Christopher, is part of some terrible plot by Cliff Barnes to finally bring the Ewings down....

I think even for a series that wrote off an entire year with a shower curtain -the above would be a stretch! But who knows?

Not long to wait for season 2, i hope the January timeslot dosen't hurt rstings. I *assume* if it does well season 3 will be back in the Summer, good show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Larry Hagman (J.R.) sadly died yesterday: he was 81. The New York Times is running his obituary online, here. :(

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
Advertisement