Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla Category List

Options
  • 09-09-2010 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

I'm pretty new to Joomla. So bare with me.

On the page (I have attached) there is a list of the products, which is quite boring looking. Instead I want to display the picture, and a short intro to the product. Then the customer can decide whether or not to click in the product and read more information.

Is there extensions for this or how would I go about it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Left

If it is products you wish to display I'd suggest you use a Joomla ecommerce solution such as VirtueMart, instead of the category list as you have done.

Depending on the configuration, each products will display a short description and the product image, with more info once the customer clicks the read more.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

what left said - there's a ton of options in the Extensions directory over at Joomla.

If on the other hand you have only a few slow-moving products I would create one article per product and use one of the many image box's and image gallery's to display the photo's in a nice neat way.

And remember! if you don't need it on the page - kick it!:)

Advertisement