Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shops/Catalogues selling Christmas stuff?

• 09-09-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am having Christmas withdrawal symptoms and desperately want to go Christmas window shopping!
    Penneys have let me down so far - there is no sign of any Christmas decorations yet. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there always some decorations in September?

Argos gave me a little taster with the last 2 pages of the catalogue with Christmassy stuff and online there's more stuff but I would love to drool over a proper catalogue. I asked in store yesterday and they won't have a catalogue til October.

SO please has anyone come across any shops/catalogues with some Christmas stuff already? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I saw two types of Christmas trees in Woodies at the weekend.

Also Penneys had a small section with some Christmas things - stickers and tea towels/facecloths with pics of Santa!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

Littlewoods online and in the catologue!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Brown Thomas and House of Fraser have decorations in stock already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Tesco are selling wrapping paper and selection boxes and christmas cards, oh and chocolate....

tescochoc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Thanks for the posts guys. It seems I cant thank your posts cos I dont have enough of posts myself.

That photo from tesco looks great!

Keep em coming :D

• Advertisement

Penneys have a good bit of Christmas stuff in now. Christmas cards, wrapping paper, gift bags, Christmas globes, Santa trains, a cute soft Snowman, some lights and towels and tea towels.

Also I was in Easons and I saw a magazine dedicated to making Christmas stuff. In their card making section they had lots of Christmas stuff.

OK it's not a catalogue but I got a magazine today called Christmas, or The Christmas mag (sorry not sure, it's downstairs!) and it has loads of christmas decorations and recipes and gift suggestions. It also has lots of Christmas craft ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

OK it's not a catalogue but I got a magazine today called Christmas, or The Christmas mag (sorry not sure, it's downstairs!) and it has loads of christmas decorations and recipes and gift suggestions. It also has lots of Christmas craft ideas.

Where from??

My local Euro shop has a massive section with Christmas decorations, cards, wrapping etc.

Lidl have loads of German style Christmas puddings, biscuits, etc and chocolate Santas and reindeer
    There was a little girl asking her Dad when Santa was coming and he was ignoring her!

It's getting so much closer now! :D

PS Had a horrible dream last night that CHristmas day was only a few hours away and I had no tree or presents got and it was lashing rain out :(

• Advertisement

Saw an ad on TV yesterday for the Argos Christmas catalogue!!!
    Actually it's quite funny. It looks like the set up for a Bing Crosby Christmas Special but then he starts beatboxing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

m and S have their Christmas Cards in since yesterday, and some decorations and their Christmas Food brochure for ordering fancy foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Kilkenny shops have fabulous decorations in, wreaths, dishes, newbridge christmast tree decorations, candles, reindeer, lanterns in all shapes and sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Brown Thomas have some gorgeous, surprisingly inexpensive, decorations in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

loads and loads around now! :D hoping to get started a bit next week, feeling all xmassy!!

Was in Penneys, Dunnes and TK Maxx yesterday and bought some Christmas decorations. I was so excited I nearly said Happy Christmas to the till guy!

Thanks again folks for the replies. I was shopping recently and was very excited to see so much Christmas stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

there is something just so wrong talking about christmas and it still october Halloween has not even passed yet

smokin ace wrote: »
    there is something just so wrong talking about christmas and it still october Halloween has not even passed yet

Well you are in the CHRISTMAS forum :D it's what we talk about here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

well happy christmas
    but i think christmas hype seem to be starting earlier every year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

This forum has kicked off a lot earlier than I though it would too. I thought I'd have some peace until at least November :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Pfft!! I was making lists in August!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

go downstairs in arnotts!!
    33778_1678929256099_1323548852_1767405_4453236_n.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just wait til Monday, its free-for-all open season on everything Christmas!! :eek:

kerash wrote: »
    go downstairs in arnotts!!
    33778_1678929256099_1323548852_1767405_4453236_n.jpg

I am so there!!!

PS Bought a tree a few days ago - 6ft, decent enough, reduced from €20 to €10! And lots of little really cheap decorations. God I want to put up my tree so badly! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 alidxx

homebase has loads of great things.. i was in there two weeks and was full of xmas decorations..

Advertisement