If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips VOIP841 Skype Cordless No PC Home Office Phone

Options
  • 09-09-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi Ashley,

Just wondering do you stock the above and if so do you have a price on it.
    If you dont have it do you have anything similar that can use wifi to access skype.

Regards,,

Git.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Git_Ireland

That was a very popular Skype/DECT phone in its day, which was early 2008!

I do now have the long overdue replacement, the VOIP-8551 - just been released to us.

See here for specs - http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/v/voip8551b_05/voip8551b_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its a cordless rechargeable phone (whos cradle plugs into the mains power) with a seperate BASE STATION which plugs into your phone line and your Broadband router.
    Not wifi I'm afraid but once the base is wired up as mentioned above the phone itself can be used anywhere in your house - the phone and its charging base can live in a different room no problems.

From memory this is the same, connection wise, as the VOIP841 you mention.

have a look at the spec's and see what you think.

This sells for €179.99 and I have 'em instore

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭git_ireland

Hi Git_Ireland

That was a very popular Skype/DECT phone in its day, which was early 2008!

I do now have the long overdue replacement, the VOIP-8551 - just been released to us.

See here for specs - http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/v/voip8551b_05/voip8551b_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its a cordless rechargeable phone (whos cradle plugs into the mains power) with a seperate BASE STATION which plugs into your phone line and your Broadband router.
    Not wifi I'm afraid but once the base is wired up as mentioned above the phone itself can be used anywhere in your house - the phone and its charging base can live in a different room no problems.

From memory this is the same, connection wise, as the VOIP841 you mention.

have a look at the spec's and see what you think.

This sells for €179.99 and I have 'em instore

atb
    Ash

Hi Ash,

That seems to be what I am looking for alright. i presume it will travel through 2 internal walls at a total distance of 15m?
    Is there a boardsie discount included in that price? ;)#

Git

Git_Ireland

Your in luck Its just been reduced to €149.99 this minute in store.

So there ya go!

Oh and 15mtrs is no worries.

Fancy one?
    Ash

Hi Ash,

I will defo take one can you put in on hold for me.
    I dont know when I will be in but hopefully before the weekend.

Thanks,
    Git.

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Git Ireland,

We have only the demo one of these available at the moment but we do have them on order. I will confirm with Ash in the AM when these are due in and we'll have one on hold for you.

The demo unit is of course yours for the asking. The handset and base are pristine and there is just a couple of light scratches on the main base unit.

Let me know what you reckon, Nicola.

• Advertisement

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Git Ireland,

We have only the demo one of these available at the moment but we do have them on order. I will confirm with Ash in the AM when these are due in and we'll have one on hold for you.

The demo unit is of course yours for the asking. The handset and base are pristine and there is just a couple of light scratches on the main base unit.

Let me know what you reckon, Nicola.

Sorry guys,

havent logged on in a while. Are these now in stock?

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Git Ireland,

I have one brand spanking new one left in store. Would you like me to hold it for you?

Thanks, Nicola.

Hi Guys,

I will take it. Can you confirm it is still in stock and I will collect over the weekend.

Hi Git_Ireland

They are on order and I hope to see them before the weekend.

I'll let you know when they arrive in

Cheers
    Ash

Hi again

Due to stupidity, I read our sales system wrongredface.gif

I actually do have a brand new one in stock.

I'll set it aside for you.

It will be reserved under you Boards name in my office.

Maybe you could pm me your name as well?

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.