Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Patricks vs Shamrock Rovers 10/9 RTE 2 7.35

• 09-09-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

forthcoming_match2.jpg

Massive game tomorrow, we have to win to stay in the top 3. They know a anything but a defeat and the league is practically won. Game wont sell out but will be fairly close, altho a very even spread of fans should generate a superb atmosphere. They have 1800 tickets sold, we should get 2500.

Reckon both sides will go 451 and it should be tight in the middle but enough decent players to get the ball down. Reckon Rovers will nick it by 1.

KOI

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

G'wan Pats :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can just imagine the Garda operation for this one, considering there will be alot more Shams than the last match in Inchicore and that Garda operation kicked off around 6pm with riot vans driving around in circles (ye I do get very bored in work at time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can just imagine the Garda operation for this one, considering there will be alot more Shams than the last match in Inchicore and that Garda operation kicked off around 6pm with riot vans driving around in circles (ye I do get very bored in work at time).

Dont care once it works :) It will be massive and probably botched knowing Kilmainham expect all sorts of garda animals on the road.

My exit plan is get out of ground leggit with kids (1st rovers game :o) get to black lion into taxi and home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You're making it sound like Dunkirk, lads. Nice image to paint for the uninitiated.

Great first game for the nippers, Dreamers75. Hope they enjoy it and catch the bug.

Expecting a tight game. This is what it's all about innit? Can't wait. Richer isa ground that suits being packed and there should be a great atmosphere to go out on the TV

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If ever there was a game to get the first goal, even moreso than Chelsea v Liverpool circa 2006/7 or Ireland v Egypt 1990, this is the game to get the first goal.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    You're making it sound like Dunkirk, lads. Nice image to paint for the uninitiated.

**** that you know how hard it is to get to an off licence after a game with 2 kids on a closed road? if they let me bring the beer in wouldnt be such a rush :p

Kids always go just not Rovers game, optimistic it be fine morrow.

Stadium holds 5500 shop dude reckons it will be close to that morrow.

i be happy with a performance this has been one of my favourite seasons being a pats fan our never say die attitude is brilliant to see, take a point now tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »
    **** that you know how hard it is to get to an off licence after a game with 2 kids on a closed road? if they let me bring the beer in wouldnt be such a rush :p

Just run down to the one near the EuroSpar.;)

Just run down to the one near the EuroSpar.;)

Thats where i go to :D 7.35 KO gives me about 4 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

LOVE playing these shower of renters. They've been riding their luck in the last few weeks and If we play like we did against Galway i've no doubt we'll get the win.

The LUAS trip down is always fun :eek:

1-0 Pats

To get away from the policing...

I've missed the last few games at Richmond since Rovers have been put in the Shed - much prefer the Eurospar end of the main stand...some great atmospheres over the years there. Fair few great games like the 3-2 cup game with SPA winning in the last minute after Molloy and Tony Grant scored a great header..Robinson's winner...and my lowest point regards on the pitch for Rovers was the 3-1 defeat late in 2005. That game broke me...

I'll miss this one too...if Pats go 1-0 up, it'll be very very difficult..

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    and my lowest point regards on the pitch for Rovers was the 3-1 defeat late in 2005. That game broke me...

Why?

Please do tell :D, comparing how many Rovers fans were at that game and its signifigance to how many will be at morrows and its signifigcance.

Fans, we really do sing when we`re winning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Tomorrow is massive, dying for it, Rovers win and it's a massive step for us towards the title, SPA FC manage a result then it could open it up, our run has to end sometime too, should be a great crowd and atmosphere either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is a great match for RTE to show live. Richmond Park will be rocking tonight and hopefully it persuades some non LOI fans to go to actual games instead of just watching them on tv.

We need to win tonight to have any chance at all of winning the league. If Shams avoid defeat, then the title is theirs.

Realistically, we're aiming for a Europa League place which, in fairness, was a goal before the season began. To be even in a title race right now is an achievement in itself.

Dave Mulcahy is back for this apparently!! :)

Why?

Please do tell :D

Because Pats were just as sh!te as Rovers, if not actually worse. :mad:

:P

Because Pats were just as sh!te as Rovers, if not actually worse. :mad:

:P

We actually were but your deduction relegated you and not us :D

I'm curious, have we ever been relegated?? I think Shams were, i seem to recall them playing in the first division, but ever Pat's been??

:mad:

Not only Pats, but UCD and Waterford :(

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm curious, have we ever been relegated?? I think Shams were, i seem to recall them playing in the first division, but ever Pat's been??

Pats Bohs and Fingal have been never Relegated or Shelegated.

Fantastic, we should make a banner so saying Never Relegate.........oh wait :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

monkey9 wrote: »
    Fantastic, we should make a banner so saying Never Relegate.........oh wait :P

You have one!

- doh, didn't read the full thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Damian Lynch back for Pats??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Rover struggle sometimes when they are trying to break down teams that set out to defend. The fact that Pats need to win will help give rovers a bit of space going forward and they have the ability to do well catching teams on the break. This game could play right into rovers hands...

Prediction:
    0-2 (Stewart 68, Twigg 76)

Sunset V wrote: »
    Damian Lynch back for Pats??

Pender and berm should start, Lynch hasnt been great this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Prediction:
    0-2 (Stewart 68, Twigg 76)

In fairness we all like to predict scores but to go the scorers and exact minute is a bit of a stretch...

Lets come back to this tomorrow adn see how you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Absolutely raging I wont make this tonight. Had my ticket and everything :( Pats away is my favourite fixture, I'm expecting Rovers to rise to the challenge tonight and win this 2 or 3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't decide whether or not I'd take a draw right now. A win would be massive but it's going to be very, very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

So where are fellow hoops heading for pre-match drinks?

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

Coffees or the Patriots are the only places in Inchicore for Rovers fans :p

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

Bang up at the Luas stop. When in Rome...

Usually go to Black Lion myself.

• Advertisement

Pfft luas stop look at you all fancy like, alleyway outside the ground is where i bang up/live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Buzzin, cant concentrate on work, come on Rovers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

one of the great sideshows of the cameras at richmond park is the wonderfully clear verbal abuse always picked up from the camac side. Listen out if you haven't noticed before....and send ladies and young children out of the room :)

should be a great game, really looking forward to it

and oh yeah, gwanthesaints

The Camac side is one of my favourite non-Tallaght places to watch a game from, even the smell doesn't ruin it...

It won't be a great game, it'll be a horrible tense niggly frustrating game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭Sappy404

telecaster wrote: »
    one of the great sideshows of the cameras at richmond park is the wonderfully clear verbal abuse always picked up from the camac side. Listen out if you haven't noticed before....and send ladies and young children out of the room :)

should be a great game, really looking forward to it

and oh yeah, gwanthesaints

Indeed. A Rovers fan I know once complimented the Pats fans for singing "Roddy Collins, yer a w**ker, yer a w**ker" very audibly live on TV a couple of years back. Collins was commentating, natch.

it'll be a horrible tense niggly frustrating game..

Translation: Ryan Guy kicked into the Camac. :pac:

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Indeed. A Rovers fan I know once complimented the Pats fans for singing "Roddy Collins, yer a w**ker, yer a w**ker" very audibly live on TV a couple of years back. Collins was commentating, natch.

Berlin game, it got worse few lads made freinds with valletta fans and taught them the same song, they sang it as they ran riot 6-0 over Floriana and Collins threatened in papers to buy all pats players just to piss off pats fans. We love him round our way not as much as rovers tho.

Let the hooped ****ers in the job go early,bastid be in the pub by now so get ready for drunken texts :(

On bright side got 24 cans of bulmers for 20 quid up north today so i can saunter down emmet road after the match.

On bright side got 24 cans of bulmers for 20 quid up north today so i can saunter down emmet road after the match.

They'll only keep you going until you reach Bluebell though? :)

Any hoopers care to do us a wee favour tonight and record any part of the game/fans from where you standing(camera phone) and upload it to youtube and post it here?

Think Zidane Portrait but about 45 levels below it :D

Can you name it St Pats vs Rovers 10/9/2010 00

00 being the minute :)

I'll try if I'm not too locked. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Come on Rovers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Would love to be going to this but can't make it, was at the 1-2 game with the late Williams free kick but this one has a good bit more riding on it.

(* expects every game worth 3 points cliche)

Saints 2-0

i swear to go god time has stopped, still another hour to go :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nasty night for football. Thank **** its not Dalymount. Heading down now, c' mon the Hoops!

Season ticket? Check. Umbrella? Check. Belief? Check

And away i go!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Get the fúck in Twiggy!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

3 - 1 get in there cracking finsih by dennehy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

1st time I checked Pats were 1-0 up, just flicked over to see its 2-1 and then Dennehy strikes a cracker. what a goal.

Rovers are champs me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

C'mon the NoMoreGoals :p

Well that sucked balls, 2 stupid ****ing slips and 2 goals. 1st half was fair ata draw 2nd kinda weird due to the killer goal early.

Fair play to rovers they took their chances and killed the game.
    Cracking atmoshpere, hopefully the PL fans got a chance to see what fans are actually like when allowed cheer wave flags and bold rovers with their flares and just support their teams.

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hey lads, first time going to a LOI game tomorrow. I really haven't a clue what to expect. The only time I was at a football match was when Ireland played Turkey at Lansdowne back in 2002/2003.

Anyway, after years of saying "I'll go to a LOI game" I'm finally going to do it. I just have a few questions, maybe ye could help. Do you think the game will sell out? I'd hate to make it down to the match and not get in, should I try buy a ticket online?

And another question is, I haven't really a clue about LOI clubs or their history. I'm not even from Dublin, I'm from Laois :/ is there a particular part of the stadium I should stay in to avoid something like scenes from ID or Football Factory happening to me? (just joking...but what's a good spot?)

Thanks lads!

• Advertisement
Advertisement