Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had UPC installed yesterday in Cork

• 09-09-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

And here are my experiences so far:

I got 30mb broadband, telephone and tv package.

The lads that installed it were great....ran loads of cable...had to go down over a few back walls etc....put the router exactly where i wanted (even though it meant runnning a cable up and across the attic), and didnt charge a penny.

It was late yesterday when it came to provisioning the modem and activating my service so they couldnt hang around to make sure the broadband was working ok cause it was stuck in provisioning and could have taken a few hrs. It took about 2 hours for it to come on.

It worked for about 2 mins!!! I went into the router settings to change security etc etc and then it went down.

I rang tech support who were very helpful. Eventually they came to the conclusion that one of the power rail readings they were getting on their screens were well below the threshold and a technician would have to be sent out.

Its gonna be tomorrow before they call. I suspect a faulty router.

hmmm...not a good start is it?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

Ok...RESULT !!!!!

Technician just gone away.....turns out it was a faulty splitter at the tv point.

how happy am i !!! :D:D:D

947919175.png

23828890.png

Now that im up and running, Im gonna be using Xbox Live and streaming movies.
    My first question is would i be advised to get a seperate router or do people think the Cisco epc2425 be good enough?

2. If yes to above, is the Linksys WRT54gl good enough for above or would i need something better for streaming?

3. Since im gonna be using the phone too, bridging is not an option for me. How would i work this? Would this post by Watty at 12.14 be applicable in my case?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055949127&page=2

Advertisement