Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change address vehicle registration?

• 09-09-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've recently moved house and it just dawned on me that I have to update contact details for my car. This being my first car I'm not too familiar with the processes for doing this :)

Insurance is done and all up to date at the new address. But can't really find anything online which relates to officialdom apart from the RF111 form for change of particulars on motortax.ie.

Is there anything else I have to change? Vehicle registration or anything?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

on the back on the car's VLC is a change of address option. you just fill in the new address and sign it and post it. a week later you get a new VLC with the correct address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

That form "FORM RF111 - CHANGE OF PARTICULARS" is all you need to send to the Motor Tax office.

It says so in the forms notes. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Ok, do I need to send the change of address form on the back of the VLC as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think you need to fill out and send off the RF111 form to Shannon below with the change of details:

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF111_en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Reading the particulars it would seem you need to send the VLC with the RF111 to Shannon. Would that be right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Is it not supposed to be VRC (Vehlicle registration certificate)?
    Never heard about VLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Vehicle Licencing Cert was the predicessor to the Vehicle Registration Cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

bazz26 wrote: »
    Vehicle Licencing Cert was the predicessor to the Vehicle Registration Cert.
    All right. Everything's clear now for me ;)

Advertisement