Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi Max braodband

Options
  • 09-09-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

ok, may seem daft but was just wondering could I just order Wi Max broadband with nothing else like phone charges?.

Just a fixed amount each month for internet like..

I was reading around and saw a few things like braodband with free calls etc..

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can bundles which include calls, but you can get internet-only

http://www.imagine.ie/wimax_broadband.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

WiMax is a family of Technologies.

These are implemented in various ways by different Irish ISPs.

Do you mean Imagine's WiMax? (not Broadband) lots of threads and posts on it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Oh right cool!..So you can get internet only..

Does anyone have the wiMax broadband?..if so is it good signal(south Dublin area)?

What's the payment like?..For the Direct Debit, do they take out randomly each month (heard other internet companies do this) or is it fixed for a certai date each month?

Lastly, what's the disconnection fee?

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Read the Threads in the other Forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1147 . It's not Broadband. You won't at all know how well it works till YOU try it. It can deteriorate quickly as they add more customers. If you mean Imagine WiMax

There is no such product as "wiMax broadband". WiMax is a family of technologies.

In Dublin I'd go for DSL, UPC cable or Digiweb Metro. Or If I wanted Mobility and light usage, O2, Meteor, 3 or Vodafone Mobile. Not Imagine WiMax as it's not as Mobile as the 3G/HSPA and nothing like the real broadband products.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Better advice can be had in the Midband forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement