Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam results

Options
  • 09-09-2010 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

well ive first year done and made a hames of it
    basically after all the repeats etc i passed 8 out of my 12 exams.
    so my question is on my results page above the table of results it says

Program

Stage/Semester

Credits

GPA

Results

BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING in Civil Engineering

Stage 1 Semester 1

Exemption(s) Granted

Stage 1 Semester 2

Exemption(s) Granted

Stage 1

Exemption(s) Granted

what does this mean? can i continue into 2nd year or am i doomed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

well ive first year done and made a hames of it
    basically after all the repeats etc i passed 8 out of my 12 exams.
    so my question is on my results page above the table of results it says

Stage 1

Exemption(s) Granted

what does this mean? can i continue into 2nd year or am i doomed?

if you add up your total's, and devide them, these figures are not correct.

However, they have obviously awarded you extra marks somewhere :p and brought you up to 40%. basically they passed you even though you failed.

You may still have to repeat the exams in december/august, but you have recieved an exemption to continue onto second year.

congrats, and honestly, if i were you i would be thinking about some revision program to catch up as you will find second year a lot harder if you dont completly understand what you have done in first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

oh right..sweet. so how do i continue on to second year as i haven't heard a whisper from the IT this year yet.? when i go to do the online pre regestration thing it says sorry the regestration in not available to you?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ring them.

did any other 2nd years get anything in the post? any word?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

not doing same course as you but got letter from the college on tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Yeah not doing same course as you but I got word from them too saying about registering and what time etc.

Unfortunately one of my mates failed his repeats and he has sent an email and all that to find out if he can carry forward those subject(s) into second year. If he can't he won't be back.

The other mate says his exams are on hold and doesn't know what that means!! And if he fails I don't think he will be back either.

Balls. :(:mad:

thats weird so they send out the letters even before the exam results are out?

still no wiser about if im going back or not,
    who do i ring. im sure the juck on the main desk wont know if im back or not.

Have you already sorted accomodation? If you have then you should come up on the Sunday and go into college first thing on Monday morning and you will be able to get talking to the right folks. The person at reception will be able to direct you too the right place.

I'd say me and Gismo and the likes got our letters as we had passed our exams and had no repeats to do so were not waiting on exam results. They were bit late sending them out. God knows you might get your one on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Yeah not doing same course as you but I got word from them too saying about registering and what time etc.

Unfortunately one of my mates failed his repeats and he has sent an email and all that to find out if he can carry forward those subject(s) into second year. If he can't he won't be back.

The other mate says his exams are on hold and doesn't know what that means!! And if he fails I don't think he will be back either.

Balls. :(:mad:

he's got holds because he hasn't paid some fees, could be the €30 repeat fee, or otherwise...

tell him to contact the college. Same thing happened to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

lila44 wrote: »
    he's got holds because he hasn't paid some fees, could be the €30 repeat fee, or otherwise...

tell him to contact the college. Same thing happened to me!

Yep I had a repeat to do this August and wasn't even aware of the repeat fee until I checked the website randomly on an impulse last Tuesday so I went in college on Wednesday and got giro in the post today.

• Advertisement

Cheers! He got it sorted anyway.

Happy to report they are both coming back to college :D

Advertisement