Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 3gs vs. iphone4 vs. blackberry bold 9700

Options
  • 09-09-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Getting a new phone next week and can't decide between these three phones.

I think I'll get one of the iphones but tbh I'm concerned about all the extra costs involved with iphones. I really dont know what they are.

Could anyone answer the following questions cos I haven't a clue:

When it says you get 2GB of data per month - Does that mean you can connect to the internet (apart from wifi) for free up to a certain amount or something??

Are there any other costs involved with the iphone on top of the monthly fee?

Is the iphone 4 worth the extra money? The 3gs model is pretty affordable now

Is 8GB too small? I wouldn't have an interest really in watching videos but I'd like to put my music on it and download some apps

Has anyone used the blackerry bold 9700 and what do you think of it?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You've forgotten the Samsung Galaxy S I think it kicks all those phones ass's I've used them all and settled for the Galaxy. The bold would be ok but the internet browser is just not anywhere near any of the rest of the phone. Avoid the 3GS.

It also comes with Free sky sports 1, 2 and 3 and Free Sky News for 12mts that won't use any of your 2GB data, you can also get an extra 2GB data as a free add on, that'll give 4G in total which is plenty of data..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

if you are getting a blackberry you need a blackberry specific plan if you intend on using it for anything other than calls + texts, factor this into your cost, may make it more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭CivilEx

If email is your thing and you want 2 - 3 days battery life, then you can't go wrong with a 9700. I migrated from an iPhone 3G to a 9700 about 9 months ago and its never let me down.

If you are more of a YouTube or browsing type of person then go for the iPhone 3GS. It's practically the same as the iPhone 4 but at a smaller price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Blackberry also has that always on messenger service exclusive to Blackberry owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You've forgotten the Samsung Galaxy S I think it kicks all those phones ass's I've used them all and settled for the Galaxy. The bold would be ok but the internet browser is just not anywhere near any of the rest of the phone. Avoid the 3GS.

It also comes with Free sky sports 1, 2 and 3 and Free Sky News for 12mts that won't use any of your 2GB data, you can also get an extra 2GB data as a free add on, that'll give 4G in total which is plenty of data..

Jeez what a load of nonsense. Avoid the 3gs? can you explain that? I used the Galaxy and it's an amateurish average device. Beaten easily by the 3gs, iphone 4 and HTC desire.

Which network gives you free sky without using your allowence?

• Advertisement
Advertisement