Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In the words of Father Jack...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Seriously when will this end! Its getting harder and harder to differentiate between these 'spin off' models without having to check the badge on the boot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Its like the BMW 6 series, completely and utterly pointless imo.

Though on first glance I thought it was a lexus :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Judging by the amount of A5 sportbacks or whatever they're called I see about the place it's going to be a big seller. There's 3 or 4 in the car park at work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Nah!!

The goal posts have to be shifted manually from time to time. It's a beaut. I bloody well love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Obviously competing with the Octavia ;)

tn_gw%20022-L.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

cantdecide wrote: »
    Nah!!

The goal posts have to be shifted manually from time to time. It's a beaut. I bloody well love it.

I like it! I never said I didn't, it's a lovely car with nice lines but it's just another car onto an already full line IMO...

Much nicer than that hideous 5series GT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I thought I was just looking at another A4 there for a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

At least it's a lot better looking than the A5 hatchsportback, awful dumpy looking yoke.

Don't think I'd buy one ahead of some other motors (if I had the cash) but I can see why some would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Looks like a squashed estate to me. Although I do like the Google Earth on the sat nav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

From talking to an Audi dealer, it's going to cost €156 a year to tax the 3.0Tdi when it gets here.

It may be a detuned version of the current 245bhp unit, but that's still bloddy impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I like it!...it's just another car onto an already full line IMO...

This is what recessions do to car design and marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I don't see what the big deal is?

My father was in the hunt for a new car there a little while ago and the A5 was an option but he eventually rejected it based on the fact it didn't have enough space in the boot - despite the fact the A5 has a well sized boot - but he was thinking patio slabs at the time.

He ended up buying an SUV.
    But if this car was an option at the time, especially with the rumoured cheap road tax, it'd definitely be a seller.

Some people want it all.
    They want a sporty, comfortable, sleek but also practical car.

I know the boot of this isn't going to blow away any estate car but it's a welcome improvement and it may be enough to sway the people that veer away from the likes of the A5 due to practicality reasons.

I don't see any downside in increasing peoples choice of car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It is NOT a saloon.

All is well.

The first I heard of this car was when I saw one in a car park, it caught my attention anyway, looked very good in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

tn_gw%20012.jpg

rtw_adventure.1131181680.04_dog_crapping_on_beach.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

VolvoMan wrote: »
    tn_gw%20012.jpg

I thought that was solved a few years back on Top gear?

Chrysler-Crossfire.jpg

And out of curiosity, did you google "Dog talking a ****e" to find that? :P :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I quite like it actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The first I heard of this car was when I saw one in a car park, it caught my attention anyway, looked very good in the flesh.

Ah jaysis nox, that was an A5 Sportback. This is an A7 Sportback - a completely different car which looks nothing like the A5. Right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It looks poor considering what its going to cost here. Isnt it going to be positioned just under A8?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

And out of curiosity, did you google "Dog talking a ****e" to find that? :P :P

No, I just googled "Audi A7 Sportback" and that image showed up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I think theyre gorgeorus cars.

If I had the money Id be all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I'm just back from an Audi MY2011 presentation for fleets and they unveiled the A7 there to us.

In the flesh it is a fine looking car. The one they had there (LHD) had the rear spoiler fixed in the up position, which completely changes the look of the car.

The boot is quite long, but not very deep and there isn't much headroom in the back seats - but if you want headroom in the back seats, buy an A8.

3.0Tdi quattro Auto (not sure if tiptronic or S-Tronic), 204bhp will make it in to VRT band B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

R.O.R wrote: »
    3.0Tdi quattro Auto (not sure if tiptronic or S-Tronic), 204bhp will make it in to VRT band B.

That's just mental! Who'd have thought a few years ago....

BTW how much are these likely to cost anyone know?

edit: 2000th post! W00t! Whatever that means.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

When are AUdi going to stop with the range it's getting ridiculous IMO

A1/3/4/5/6/7/8 (with A2 available 2nd hand)
    Q3/5/7

They must have the biggest range out there and surely they're not all necessary.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

R.O.R wrote: »
    I'm just back from an Audi MY2011 presentation for fleets and they unveiled the A7 there to us.

I don't suppose they told you if they have decided to start fitting glovebox lights to their cars? Talk about taking a petty step backwards with the B8 A4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

VolvoMan wrote: »

Acutally this is the one that's more like it:
    2008-Chrysler-Crossfire-Coupe.jpg

Skip to 2:25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Mr Magners wrote: »

Q3/5/7

They must have the biggest range out there and surely they're not all necessary.:confused:

Still can't beat Porsche for having the maximum number of variations of the same model for sale. The 911 range is never ending!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I think all modern Audis look sh!te tbh. When Audi really started to make its mark back in the eighties they did it with elegant designs. Now they're just brash. Added to the fact that the last Audi I drove ( current A4 ) drove like it was shod with bricks yet doesn't handle like a quick car I really dont see the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

the 3.0 liter TDI with 150 kW (204 hp) coupled with the multitronic gearbox on the front-drive A7 provides for a 5.3 liters/100 km fuel rating and CO2 emissions of 139 g/km.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/110072627588/2011-audi-a7-sportback-officially-unveiled-in-munich-video#ixzz0z8LJh1dv

204hp = 139 g/CO2 = 16% VRT = €156/yr tax
    245hp = 158 g/CO2 = 24% VRT = €447/yr tax

The first variant is a very de-tuned 3.0 TDI. This is only 68hp/litre. The 2.0TDI with 170hp give a nice 85hp/litre.

Who would have thought the green's would get it so wrong? Its €16 CHEAPER to tax than a crappy 07 1L Micra !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Mr Magners wrote: »

Q3/5/7

I'm gonna hold out until the A9 or A10 come out, or I might just get an Austin A40 & be done with it, they surely won't go higher than that?

A7 does not look too bad TBH, the more variety on the roads the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

mullingar wrote: »
    Who would have thought the green's would get it so wrong? Its €16 CHEAPER to tax than a crappy 07 1L Micra !!!!
    And I presume you'll be able to take it round the corner and get it remapped and get the best of both worlds (tax and power). Score..

Ah jaysis nox, that was an A5 Sportback. This is an A7 Sportback - a completely different car which looks nothing like the A5. Right!

Yeah your right. I only half looked at the photo in the op, need to lean to read and actually look at photos correctly. :o

Advertisement