Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 2

• 09-09-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Saturday, 11 September 2010
    Barcelona v Hercules, 17:00 - Live Sky Sports 4
    Valencia v Racing Santander, 17:00
    Real Madrid v Osasuna, 19:00 - Live Sky Sports 4
    Athletic Bilbao v Atletico Madrid, 21:00 - Live Sky Sports 4

Sunday, 12 September 2010
    Getafe v Levante, 16:00
    Real Zaragoza v Malaga, 16:00
    Sporting Gijon v Mallorca, 16:00
    Villarreal v Espanyol, 18:00 - Live Sky Sports (red button)
    Sevilla v Deportivo La Coruna, 20:00 - Live Sky Sports 2

Monday, 13 September 2010
    Almeria v Real Sociedad, 20:00 - Live Sky Sports website

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Not too many stand out games this week. Should be easy enough home wins for Barca & Madrid.

Sevilla v Deportivo & Villarreal v Espanyol could be pretty intresting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Oo, 3 games on Saturday get in! :D

Bilbao - Atletico could be a very good game. Think Atleti will do very well this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Oo, 3 games on Saturday get in! :D

Bilbao - Atletico could be a very good game. Think Atleti will do very well this season.

It should be a good one, looking forward to seeing a few Athletic players this season.

Hopefully Barca and Real will turn on a bit of style too, should be a good Saturday night in.

MOG7 wrote: »
    looking forward to seeing a few Athletic players this season.

Llorente in particular for me. Would like to see him get a big move next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Llorente in particular for me. Would like to see him get a big move next summer.

+1
    I'm a big fan of Llorente. Love his style.

Good set up for Saturday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Atleti looked class against Gijon - very enjoyful game to watch.

Gave them a right aul spanking - some of the attacking play was top drawer.

Awful shame that they lost Jurado yet another product of the never ending Spanish production line.

I'll be watching them do their customary whipping of Barca at the Calderon next sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Hopefully a few youths could get some game time for Barca considering they should have enough in reserve to beat them.

redout wrote: »
    Atleti looked class against Gijon - very enjoyful game to watch.

Gave them a right aul spanking - some of the attacking play was top drawer.

Awful shame that they lost Jurado yet another product of the never ending Spanish production line.

I'll be watching them do their customary whipping of Barca at the Calderon next sunday :D

Yeh Jurado is a good player but tbh their system probably works better without him starting. I wouldn't have him in a two man midfield, Garcia & Tiago are probably better suited to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

redout wrote: »

Haha...

Our annual present to Real Madrid!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Gonna be in Seville this weekend so will probably go to the Depor game, can't wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye Llorente will hopefully show his class this season, alnog with Javi Martinez. Susaeta and Iker Muniain are another 2 that should come through this year.

Athletic are my team for this season, such a good team on the way through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I think the Lions can get a result against the mattress makers.

GOAL! Yessssssssss!

Hercules 1-0 Barcelona

Scrappy but it'll do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

GOAL! Yessssssssss!

Hercules 1-0 Barcelona

Scrappy but it'll do

Can't see these keeping Barca out for another hour though. It would be a serious shock if they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Strange line-up for Barca, looking hugely sluggish thus far.

Already they are frantic and desperate in defence. Would be shocking and heroic though to get a result

Is Ronaldo still injured or is he fit for tonight?

Adriano you little rat

Trezuguet was stupid there, but Adriano's antics are embarrassing. Is he rooming with Busquets on away trips or something??

Is Ronaldo still injured or is he fit for tonight?

I think he's out for around three or four weeks so i wouldn't imagine he'll be in the squad tonight.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think he's out for around three or four weeks so i wouldn't imagine he'll be in the squad tonight.

Eurosport have him in the starting 11. Clearly they don't check these things

Barca will surely blow them to smithereens second half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is Sky Sport 4 available on NTL digital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

:eek: Shock at Nou Camp!

PHB wrote: »
    Is Sky Sport 4 available on NTL digital?

If you have Sky Sports Pack, yeah.

Eurosport have him in the starting 11. Clearly they don't check these things

I went onto Real's site and it seems he will be starting. He's obviously recovered a lot quicker than expected

Jose Mourinho addressed the media the day before making his league debut at the Bernabeu.

"It will be a difficult match, but I am accustomed to playing before audiences who want their team to play well. It also happened at San Siro and Stamford Bridge. These are great clubs, accustomed to success, so it isn't a problem."

"Right now, we are focusing on taking risks to win. Our goal is to win every game. It is more important to win three games and lose two than to draw five. I don't want to achieve records; I want points. If we have only managed to draw the score tomorrow with ten minutes left in the game, I will take a risk to win come what may. Records are nice, but points are nicer."

"Cristiano Ronaldo will be a starter. I am afraid of the possibility he may get injured again. I am afraid someone may hit him, but that's normal in football. He has been training at least five hours a day at Valdebebas. The Medical Staff and the player say he's 100% fit to play, so he has the same risk of getting injured as the rest of his team-mates. He will play because he is fit and because it will be a difficult game."

"I know what team I will use tomorrow. I think seriously about it to come up with the best option. Players have to think about each game at a time, but the coach has to be capable of looking ahead. Our most important match right now is the one against Osasuna. I won't give you my full lineup because I would like to leave two or three positions unknown to give the opponent coach something to think about. I will only announce my starting eleven when my rival announces his. Ramos, Pepe Carvalho and Marcelo will surely play in defence. Khedira and Xabi Alonso will take on midfield duties. Cristiano will play with Higuain. I cannot confirm if Canales will be a starter."

"I like Benzema's work with France. His goal was important to his team. He was tired and slightly niggled when he returned, but he's worked well. Every player on this squad is important because we have games every two or three days. I haven't been very lucky with our schedule, which complicates things. Benzema and Higuain are important to us. They have to do whatever's necessary to meet our demands. Benzema did well in en Bosnia, but it is more important to me for a player to work well than to play well. Talented players have to work hard because talent is implicit. Benzema's mentality has changed and he is currently working with personal ambition."

"Regarding the team get-together, I must say I think each of my decisions through very carefully. If those who work under me like them, fine; if they don't, that's fine as well."

"I wish to thank Camacho for his kind words. We trained together in Portugal and we've never had a problem between us. We've always had great respect for each other. I admire him. Very few people in football aren't hypocrites. Camacho is true, honest and isn't afraid to speak his mind. I hope the Bernabeu greets him as he deserves. I haven't done anything for Real Madrid, but he has. He has Real Madrid in his blood. He won league titles at the Club and I hope the fans never forget this. I also hope he loses as a Madridista tomorrow."

"I want Portugal to win regardless of the coach. Portuguese players have won Ballon d'Ors in the past, but the country's football is going through a difficult situation. I don't like to see Portugal lose or draw games. I hope things change. They have good enough players to turn the situation around. I would like Aragones to be the new national coach because he is very experienced, but my conviction is that national teams should be coached by men from the country itself. Having said that, whoever ends up coaching Portugal will have my support. It would be even better if I could help by working with Portuguese players for the national team."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

macsh off already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He's had something of a 'mare, Graham Hunter reckoned he should have seen red in the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Booked and subbed after 45.

Barca really don't need to play Mascherano against Hercules of all teams. They had 77% of possession in the first half. Pointless to play Masch in that situation.

• Advertisement

Whatever about an early shower, he looks like he could do with a shower in general.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

OMG 2-0 to Hercules now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a well worked goal!

Shocker!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Lovely goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

GOAL! 2-0 unbelievable

So its not Masches fault after all? :p

Pepe out!

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Barcelona 0 - 2 Hércules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Jesus 2-0! Valdez brace! Just when Barca looked like they were going to equalise. The commentator has said the word extraoridinary almost 40 times in the last 2 minutes!

LOL this is unbelieveable stuff.

Its not over yet though.

I predict 3-2 Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Hope you're enjoying it Javier. :D

"Hurricane Herculez Blows Barca Away at Camp Nou"

"Barca 0 - 2 Herculean Herculez!" Marcas front page as of now!

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    So its not Masches fault after all? :p

Pepe out!

Awaiting a Neil3030 thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

God damn work interfering with my watching of La Liga

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Jesus 2-0! Valdez brace! Just when Barca looked like they were going to equalise. The commentator has said the word extraoridinary almost 40 times in the last 2 minutes!

That's an extraordinary amount of times in such an extraordinary short period.

3UHNRZF0SUjDrJO.jpg

Mascherano off at half time

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Mascherano off at half time

70 mins have gone now :P

Nearly 3-0

IvySlayer wrote: »
    70 mins have gone now :P

Nearly 3-0

Erm ... yeah I must be drunk

Pep doesn't look good with shaved hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Jays, Pep's lost a lot of weight.

Anything could happen in this game, hercules could win 3-0, Barca coud still come back. Crazy afternoon at Camp Nou.

• Advertisement
Advertisement