Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Holy sh!t, that looks really nasty!!

Take a look at Pique's face, Adriano. That's a bloody injury!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

flahavaj wrote: »
    Anything could happen in this game, hercules could win 3-0, Barca coud still come back. Crazy afternoon at Camp Nou.

Just has, clash of heads. Keeper down and Pique, both teams used all subs!

Should have been 3-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Jesus! Nasty head clash. Pique's a tough bastard though coming back on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

should have scored their 3rd there.xavi caught in possession on the edge of the box,double cave from valdes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well thats Barcas horror home defeat out of the way for this season.

Valencia win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Trezegeut misses a sitter for 3nil!! COME ON LOS CHE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Didn't catch the match but I heard Hercules were pretty dominant from start to finish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hercules33.gif

• Advertisement

Wow, the Bernabeau pitch is in poor nick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

article-1153045-00B692690000044C-480_306x362.jpg

ChelseaJose3_468x467.jpg

Lukker- wrote: »
    Didn't catch the match but I heard Hercules were pretty dominant from start to finish?

Pretty much. A lot of possession for Barcelona, but Hercules sat back, defended well and were dangerous on the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

lol nice one

Jose-Mourinho-September-13_1194944.jpg

jose-mourinho-laughing-3223.jpg

I wouldn't say dominant, but they definitely deserved their win. They had some good chances and could have ended up winning four or five nil, no exaggeration.

Barca had the majority of the possession, but they didn't do much with it. There was no particular onslaught on the Hercules goal and everything Hercules had to deal with, they dealt with very well. Their defense was superb tonight.

The front two of Trezuguet and Valdez worked really well together and always looked dangerous on the break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Jesus Ronaldo . . .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Barca obviously missing Zlatan......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Yep they were, the city of bcn pretty quiet now ... great to see the nazis lose ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What a miss there by Ronaldo ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

carvalho 1-0 real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Good break by Madrid and Ricky Carvalho gets his first goal for Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Nice goal for Carvalho, excellent pass from Ozil just before it, and good work by Ronaldo to pick him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

monkey9 wrote: »
    Wow, the Bernabeau pitch is in poor nick!

Just came on to post this. Didn't they take our groundsman a season or two ago? Must be drinking too much Sangria. That or they've let the bulls graze on the pitch for the summer!

L'prof wrote: »
    Just came on to post this. Didn't they take our groundsman a season or two ago? Must be drinking too much Sangria. That or they've let the bulls graze on the pitch for the summer!

The commentator has since said that the reason for it is oil leaking onto the grass from some of the machinery used by the groundsmen.

Oezil has been impressive...

Pedro Leon on for Benzema.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Any madrid player that falls to the ground seems to be given an instant free from the ref :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8953503.stm

De Gea, Perea, Godín, Domínguez, Antonio López; Reyes, Assunção, Raúl García, Simão; Forlán y Agüero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wish they'd put up the proper score on the score bar on SS4.

I know it's a little thing but it's still annoying.

Diegooooooooooo! What a man. 1-0 Atletico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Diegooooooooooo! What a man. 1-0 Atletico.

Are you watching it on a stream?

Nope just slow posting lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Anyone else think that Atleti will challange the big two this season?

I think they'll finish third definetly. Won't be too far away from Real & Barca. They've made some very good signings in Godin and Felipe and Forlan is in the form of his life atm. Hopefully they'll go far in Europe again aswell.

Bilbao lucky not to be down to 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Thats was as bad I have seen from Barca in a long time. They just didnt look right at all - Rijkaard? Peps comments after the game summed it up well I thought. Pep sticking Xavi on the bench was understandable considering his recent injury scare with Barca then been taking off for Spain in the qualifiers with another niggling problem. Masch for Busquets - Just no. He didnt look good at all though in fairness it was his first game but was fortunate not to see red. The commentators here in Spain thought he should of been off aswell.

Puyol needs to come back and quick - his leadership in the defence was sorely missed. Word was yesterday he would make it but before the game it was decided against. Sticking Abidal at CB when a natural CB in Milito is on the bench is just ridiculous and it aint the first time Pep has done that.

Valdes made a bollox of the first goal but redeemed himself with a great double save after a very uncharacterisitic Xavi error at the end. I thought Hercules were well worth their win. Everything they did was done well. To come to Camp Nou and pull off a 2-0 while effectively neutralisng Barca deserves a very big pat on the back. First team to beat Barca in Liga at Camp Nou in 16 months so the commentators said - Well done.

Atleti heading for the summit.

2 - 0

Great break by Atleti. They've defended brilliantly tonight. Godin is a fantastic signing. WIll prob the the signing of the summer.

They create some atmosphere in that stadium.

• Advertisement

Llorente pulls one back!

He needed more composure there.

That's it. Atletico win 2-1. Great win for them.

Very good win for Atleti. San Mames is a tough place to go. Defended very well tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Glad Madrid won :)

I would be happy with 1-0 or 2-0 wins, better than a 3-4 loss. I'm still singing Madrid's anthem since Barca lost :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

monkey9 wrote: »
    They create some atmosphere in that stadium.

There moving to a new stadium soon too, it will be interesting to see if they can create the same kind of atmosphere in the new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I heard a good joke about this: Even when our groundsmen leave Arsenal they don't get better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Villareal playing Espanyol now, neither team even trying to defend, we better see goals!

I just came back from the Alfonso Perez - cracking stuff for €25 I have to say - Perhaps the FAI could take note.

Sky Sports coverage of La Liga is embarassing. Don't start showing the Villareal game until it's 30 minutes into the match.

West Brom man scores a cracker.

2-0.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

4-0 to Villareal with 5 minutes left.

WTF is with the game Monday night being only online?

• Advertisement
Advertisement