Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs or 1v1???POLL

Options
  • 09-09-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Just want to see what people prefer. Clubs has gotten very popular, still prefer the owl 1v1 myself.

Do you prefer clubs or 1v1? 16 votes

Fifa Clubs
    0% 0 votes
    1v1 ranked/unranked
    100% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Both to be honest. If a group of mates are online it's quite fun to have a bit of banter with people you know instead of getting insulted by some half wit.

1v1 is good but can be extremely annoying and tiresome when somebody decides they've had enough of losing and just quit.

I've had some brilliant matches over the past year though with people and made "friends" with people over it and often have a few matches and a bit of banter.

However, I have noticed that in supposed 1v1 matches there'll be 2 people playing on the one team against me. It's satisfying when you beat them but more often than not I find myself losing horribly.

Very frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

clubs is the best. but im the king at 1v1s:)

The main problem with clubs though is the latency.... you press a button and it doesn't respond for two seconds, so you get a lot of eye rolling from all sides when people are running into opposition players.

If they could improve that(at least for 3 v 3, 11 v 11 would be hard i know) it would be an even better mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

The main problem with clubs though is the latency.... you press a button and it doesn't respond for two seconds, so you get a lot of eye rolling from all sides when people are running into opposition players.

If they could improve that(at least for 3 v 3, 11 v 11 would be hard i know) it would be an even better mode.
    You with eircom??If you had UPC you wouldnt have this problem as much. Im stuck with eircom for another few months:(

You with eircom??If you had UPC you wouldnt have this problem as much. Im stuck with eircom for another few months:(

Nope i'm 10MB with UPC..... i have next to no problems playing alone so assumed it was the game mode with all the additional players.
    It's not that off, but it's considerably more unresponsive then playing alone, enough that you can't run at people and need to pass it really early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

If you're talking about the boards club vs 1 on 1. Than 1 on 1 every ****ing time.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Definately Clubs for me in Fifa 10. If you're part of a club that plays regularly its top notch. They have also added knockout tournments for Fifa 11 if I'm not mistaken.

1v1 in Fifa 10 is good but too many quitters etc. And no real sense of achievement just constantly playing people match after match to improve your rank.

The online World cup in the South Africa game was a very welcome addition. At least there's a something to play for. There's is nothing like seeing Ireland lift the holy grail of Football.

I'm sure they can only go on from there and add something similar for Fifa 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I prefer 1 vs 1.

The randomly generated 4 foot keepers, and the rubbish defenders up against people who have Pros in the 80s makes the game totally unbalanced. It depends who you play clubs with, it can either be a great laugh with people who know what they are doing & treat it as a bit of banter. It can be torturous with people constantly telling others what to do and hogging the most popular positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Its got to be clubs all the way, its great fun and really satisfying when you put together good moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

If you're talking about the boards club vs 1 on 1. Than 1 on 1 every ****ing time.:mad:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement