Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Castles, The Academy 9/10/2010 *All discussion no tickets/swaps*

Options
  • 09-09-2010 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭

Just checked the academy site and its sold out! Knew I should have bought my ticket before EP! Will try scour for one now I guess!

Did anyone see them at EP? Any good? Anyone going to this?

Since the gig is sold out, no ticket sales/swaps on thread please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

A great support act in health as well, well worth getting down there early

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

cant wait for this !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Absolutly fantastic at EP, great set.

I'll be in China for this gig though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Thank god for toutless. Managed to get myself a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 summerlover

Mod edit: no asking for tickets. try www.adverts.ie / www.toutless.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Could anybody please tell me who the promoter is for this?

Could anybody please tell me who the promoter is for this?

MCD

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Delighrah AND excirah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

This gig is going to be amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geno

Tickets say doors at 7pm, what time do we reckon Health will come on at, 7.40ish?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

why all gigs i wanna go to end up being the same night !!

and now im finding out they are playing here! first news to me too..

Anyone seem them before?

worth the trip?

Will this gig be finished by around 11.15? Have to get a bus back to UCD :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

i'd love to be going to this!! i might go last minute.

it's a pity Health are supporting though... just gonna be full to the brim of horrible hipsters and jerks.

the support act could easily play in a venue themselves, so why ruin it for genuine CC fans by adding such a mammoth support act.

sickening, but i wouldnt expect anything more from disgusting MCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geno

i'd love to be going to this!! i might go last minute.

it's a pity Health are supporting though... just gonna be full to the brim of horrible hipsters and jerks.

the support act could easily play in a venue themselves, so why ruin it for genuine CC fans by adding such a mammoth support act.

sickening, but i wouldnt expect anything more from disgusting MCD.

I hate MCD too, but it's a bit ridiculous to complain about them putting on a really good support band. Not exactly their fault either seeing as Health are supporting CC on most of their gigs in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Just a quick Q

How much were these tickets selling at face value? Just so I don't get ripped off if I end up getting one today :)

Just a quick Q

How much were these tickets selling at face value? Just so I don't get ripped off if I end up getting one today :)
    €23 plus booking fee

Overall they were deadly and Alice certainly lived up to her reputation :p Reckless was the highlight, absolute tune. That said, a one hour set was fairly stingy and said set was heavy on filler (no Empathy, Vanished, Vietnam etc.)

Oh and Health were pretty painful.

Nonetheless a fine evening's entertainment :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

First time seeing CC and I have been wanting to see them for years now and got tickets last minute ended up paying €30 for it. Only caught the end of Health and I thought they where pretty good.

Didnt like the way they only played for an hour as I thought it would have been for longer but had a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Bit short of a gig alright but overall it was epic..And Alice is mental haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It's one reason I tend to skip gigs by relatively new acts or bands with one or two albums, especially when they pass the €20 mark. One hour of music... makes more sense to me to catch these bands at festivals.

• Advertisement

It's one reason I tend to skip gigs by relatively new acts or bands with one or two albums, especially when they pass the €20 mark. One hour of music... makes more sense to me to catch these bands at festivals.

True, but it wasn't for want of material to fill the extra time. As I mentioned there were some notable omissions in the setlist, and they seemed to have a good bit of new stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Went with a friend who has been waiting for this gig for 5 months now. CC is one of my fave bands and his favourites all together and it was our first time to see them. Second row, centre stage and before they even got on stage a gang of total tinkers decided they would spend half an hour pulling my hair and punching me into the back of the head for NO reason. There was no way they could have gotten closer to the stage and they wouldn't let up. Security finally removed a few of them, leaving 2 or 3 friends behind who threatened to 'have us' when we left, and that they'd be waiting outside for us..

As soon as the lights went and CC came on stage I got several elbows into the back of the head. Ended up having to leave the second row because we were actually afraid we'd get glassed or stabbed.
    Got screamed at that people like us shouldn't go to gigs? I don't get it, we were only looking to have a good night. I didn't respond as I really didn't want to be thrown out either but it was safe to say, despite how great the performance was, my night was completely ruined.

Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorry to hear that Lornen, the Electric Picnic performance in comparison was amazing, they are more a kind of festival atmosphere band. Apart from loads of pints gettin thrown about the place (on the increase at the Picnic, Im afraid to say) there was still quite a bit of space in the Electric Arena. Saying that for both the LCD Soundsystem and Bloody Beetroots gigs I had to watch at the side of the tent as the pushing at the front was mental and quite stifling too.

I reviewed a bit of their gig in my blog, check it out, they played on the Saturday.
    http://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/gig-reviews/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Yeah, 3 hour trek from Sligo to see them and I spend the night getting my hair dragged off my head for no reason. Total pity.
    I'd like to go again though, hopefully with less tools.

Lornen wrote: »
    Went with a friend who has been waiting for this gig for 5 months now. CC is one of my fave bands and his favourites all together and it was our first time to see them. Second row, centre stage and before they even got on stage a gang of total tinkers decided they would spend half an hour pulling my hair and punching me into the back of the head for NO reason. There was no way they could have gotten closer to the stage and they wouldn't let up. Security finally removed a few of them, leaving 2 or 3 friends behind who threatened to 'have us' when we left, and that they'd be waiting outside for us..

As soon as the lights went and CC came on stage I got several elbows into the back of the head. Ended up having to leave the second row because we were actually afraid we'd get glassed or stabbed.
    Got screamed at that people like us shouldn't go to gigs? I don't get it, we were only looking to have a good night. I didn't respond as I really didn't want to be thrown out either but it was safe to say, despite how great the performance was, my night was completely ruined.

Such a shame.
    The black-haired bulldog with the pink bow?

no need for the name callin dude

i was shocked at the amount of twats there was at this, a lad kept reefin my mates hair out and i push him and then i got " started on" and "see you out side " , 2 of my favorite bands this year had dirtbags at their concerts :rolleyes::rolleyes: feck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Lornen wrote: »

Such a shame.

There must have been a group of them there. One of them bit me in the arm! I've never had that at a concert, some people just come to cause trouble.

A V A wrote: »
    no need for the name callin dude

i was shocked at the amount of twats there was at this, a lad kept reefin my mates hair out and i push him and then i got " started on" and "see you out side " , 2 of my favorite bands this year had dirtbags at their concerts :rolleyes::rolleyes: feck sake
    No need for the name calling :p

Sorry, but this girl caused nothing but trouble. She was behind us, grabbed the hair of the girl beside me for NO reason, and wouldn't let go

emmm i wasnt targeting an actual person or user here on boards??? nd to use better words , there were people causing trouble and acting the boll*x there !!!

• Advertisement

blubloblu wrote: »
    There must have been a group of them there. One of them bit me in the arm! I've never had that at a concert, some people just come to cause trouble.

and that ruins it for everyone !!!!

Advertisement