Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Everything HPAT and Medicine for 2011 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derick990

Yeah thats what I tried to do but I just didn't know where to start. Ah well, it was only a small part of the test, hopefully my guesses were good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 samehere

I think I did well but unfortunately I'm not the only one .:p :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

samehere wrote: »
    I think I did well but unfortunately I'm not the only one .:p :D

samehere :cool: LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

jumpguy wrote: »
    Down in Kampus Kitchen in UCC - those freezers were annoying!

Yeah well I was next to the row of vending machines, switching themselves on and off whenever it took their fancy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Section 1 was grand, easier than what I was expecting. I had a bit of a misfire at the start with some simple probability.
    Was your Q1 the one with the probability of drawing an ace from a deck of cards? It threw me off a bit. Usually the test begins with a different style of question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 itk

i only answered 4 cs in the whole if section 1? am i the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Was your Q1 the one with the probability of drawing an ace from a deck of cards? It threw me off a bit. Usually the test begins with a different style of question.
    Yeah! I did it out without looking at the question, thinking this was one shweet question, and then when I looked at the answers...only the first and last (I think...my memory is fading fast) matched up with 2 of the answers. I was like "WTF?!" and went back to my calculationz. Then eventually I just had to go for a 50/50 chance on the answers and my time was ticking so I made a stab at it.

Looking back, I think they might've sneakily mixed up the iii and ii cards in the answer, maybe? I never looked at them, I just assumed they were in ascending order! Either that or I made some ridiculously retarded calculation error.

itk wrote: »
    I've got a feeling that the order of answers and the order of questions differs from booklet to booklet. You might get the same questions as everyone else but the order of the answers might be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 itk

I've got a feeling that the order of answers and the order of questions differs from booklet to booklet. You might get the same questions as everyone else but the order of the answers might be different.

hope so. but i don see how they could do that

hope so. but i don see how they could do that
    You've to write down your question booklet number - then they'd know. I think Partyatmygaff is probably right, my answer sheet and question booklet was fairly visible and so was everyone else's, given we were all squashed together pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 k.stewart

Nope! not alone :) Most of mine were A's or D's in section 1.. kinda worried now tho:P

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

How do repeats feel about it?

I got 164 in the HPAT last year which was a nice surprise (if not good enough) after I thought the exam went sort of badly. This year I was more nervous before/during I think but I handled the timing a little better, just moving along if I got stuck and going with a decent guess. This year I felt like it went a little better, like it was a good bit easier than last year, especially Section 2. Am I alone in that or was it a bit easier?

Unlucky!:( I was in Aula Maxima in UCC and it was lovely and cosy.. I was surprised by the chairs actually! was expecting plastic ones but they were nice and cushioned :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 KittyCat12345

At the end of the test, we were told to stop, but I noticed two of my ovals in different sections were not fully filled in so I scribbled them a bit more in case the computer wouldn't accept it. Now I'm worried that maybe a supervisor saw and I'll get my score cancelled. There weren't any supervisors around I don't think, but maybe someone saw and thought I was cheating but I wasn't:( My score won't get cancelled will it??

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I wouldnt worry about it! I'm sure something would've been said at the time. They cant be completely heartless :)

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry about it! I'm sure something would've been said at the time. They cant be completely heartless :)

I'm just worried because I think I may have put down the pencil and picked it up, then scribbled the oval a bit more. I'm terrified they'd cancel my score:(

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

k.stewart wrote: »
    Unlucky!:( I was in Aula Maxima in UCC and it was lovely and cosy.. I was surprised by the chairs actually! was expecting plastic ones but they were nice and cushioned :P

Is that the mini?? It was so nice there too ..... There were a few who had trouble with the sun but part from that ...... It made doing exams comfortable.

The test was ok...... I guessed half of section one and concentrated on the ones i could figure out..... Or had time to .

Section two i thought was grand apart from some words wjich i didnt recognise.

Section three liked it...... Part from the middle sequence ones! Hate them :(

Ah well its one subject outta the way..... Only 8 more to go! :'(

Four months only four months !

At the end of the test, we were told to stop, but I noticed two of my ovals in different sections were not fully filled in so I scribbled them a bit more in case the computer wouldn't accept it. Now I'm worried that maybe a supervisor saw and I'll get my score cancelled. There weren't any supervisors around I don't think, but maybe someone saw and thought I was cheating but I wasn't:( My score won't get cancelled will it??

I'd say you're safe, they probably would've said something to you if they did see. I realised the right answer to one of the last questions in section 3 two seconds after she said pens down.. I didn't change it just incase they saw me, and now I'm kicking myself :P I hope that question wont carry a lot! It was the one with the blocks.. and there was a sun in the middle with "rays". I only realised after that the triangular rays indicated the color of the shape in the box next to them.
    Did you get that one? :)

Is that the mini?? It was so nice there too ..... There were a few who had trouble with the sun but part from that ...... It made doing exams comfortable.

Yea it was quite small! There were only like 50 of us in there.. quite nice :)

I'd say you're safe, they probably would've said something to you if they did see. I realised the right answer to one of the last questions in section 3 two seconds after she said pens down.. I didn't change it just incase they saw me, and now I'm kicking myself :P I hope that question wont carry a lot! It was the one with the blocks.. and there was a sun in the middle with "rays". I only realised after that the triangular rays indicated the color of the shape in the box next to them.
    Did you get that one? :)

Thank you so much for your comments!! You really helped to calm me down:)

I remember the sun question but I haven't a clue which one I went for. I only remember my answer to the second last question(quite oddly!) which was B I think!:) I really don't like the middle of the sequence questions, so I don't think I did too well there, but I was really stumped at the word 'belligerent' in section 2!! Never saw it before in all my 17 years!

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for your comments!! You really helped to calm me down:)

I remember the sun question but I haven't a clue which one I went for. I only remember my answer to the second last question(quite oddly!) which was B I think!:) I really don't like the middle of the sequence questions, so I don't think I did too well there, but I was really stumped at the word 'belligerent' in section 2!! Never saw it before in all my 17 years!

Oh Em Geee.. Belligerent!:P I learned that word last night!! and when I saw it I was like... woaah! I picked it :P it means unfriendly/rude.. that was the question when she was onto her sister on the phone about her son leaving for college.. it was a crazy moment when I saw it :P I was stuck on pragmatic.. and I had heard that word just couldn't get it into context :/

Oh Em Geee.. Belligerent!:P I learned that word last night!! and when I saw it I was like... woaah! I picked it :P it means unfriendly/rude.. that was the question when she was onto her sister on the phone about her son leaving for college.. it was a crazy moment when I saw it :P I was stuck on pragmatic.. and I had heard that word just couldn't get it into context :/

Pragmatism is the state of mind of believing in practical approaches.

My main problem with section 2 wasn't so much the choice of words but the fact that two answers were obviously wrong and the other two potentially correct.

Did anyone notice in section three that the answers to the pattern are split in to 2 + 3 for all but pick the middle? I.e. three had potential to fulfill the pattern but the other two did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

Did anyone notice in section three that the answers to the pattern are split in to 2 + 3 for all but pick the middle? I.e. three had potential to fulfill the pattern but the other two did not.

Yup I noticed that too.I think Section 3 was very manageable, section 1 was a bit long and section two was grand.

How many test centers were there in total?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

This is a joke right? Do you honestly think that they would take up your page and not even tell you about it. Gs some people are naive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Borger

You are after getting me worried now :S when she said pens down in my test room i scribbled in like 5 answers for section 3...... no one said anything to me though.. surely they would say something before they cancel your test?

Borger wrote: »
    You are after getting me worried now :S when she said pens down in my test room i scribbled in like 5 answers for section 3...... no one said anything to me though.. surely they would say something before they cancel your test?
    Nah, ye're being paranoid! :P They'd tell you if you did something wrong, invigilators aren't out to get you. :)

doctorg wrote: »
    Yup I noticed that too.I think Section 3 was very manageable, section 1 was a bit long and section two was grand.

How many test centers were there in total?
    At least 74 anyway. I was in centre number 74.

Did anyone else get a question about a king and his six Councillors in section 1? That question was a bit worrying, it was flowchart based and the questions made no mention whatsoever of the right hand side of the flowchart. The answer was blatantly obvious too which makes me think there's something I missed in the question.

Did anyone else get a question about a king and his six Councillors in section 1? That question was a bit worrying, it was flowchart based and the questions made no mention whatsoever of the right hand side of the flowchart. The answer was blatantly obvious too which makes me think there's something I missed in the question.
    Oh yeah, nah I remember being a bit put-off that the right side of the chart wasn't being used either but I think they throw in all them extras to distract people! There was a similiar flow-chart question in one of the practice tests (it was about 3 pegs) and you didn't have to use all of it either (if memory serves!). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

To be honest I don't think there's any reason at all to go through specific questions. Just saying for your own benefit like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Toastghost

Minimum amount fo meetin to find the culprit

Culprit in even 1
    councellor 1

Culprit in ever 2 or 3 not sure but it was the 3rd question anyway
    councellor 2 i think :/

I'm full sure i got it right but not sure which counceller it was
    2 or 3

Advertisement