Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Everything HPAT and Medicine for 2011 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

I got the same reply from them, word for word! So I asked them again, saying I was still unclear. They gave a similar answer, but added that since Acer and the CAO are separate entities, I should contact the CAO about my query.

Thanks for being sooo helpful, Acer...

One would imagine that had they not actually issued the results at all, they'd say it. Like if they were still in a big stack on the desk in Acer headquarters, you'd think they'd be like "don't be silly, of course they're not out."

In other news, I've gotta actually go studying, and stop stalking this thread... :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harmo08

Here's the email i got from them:

2011 HPAT results will be available at the end of
    June 2011 when ACER will release them to the
    applicants.

At the same time, CAO will receive a copy of these
    results and they will be available for viewing on
    the CAO system at that point.

CAO has identified over 500 applicants who
    undertook the HPAT 2010 examination and these HPAT
    results were updated last week for testing
    purposes.

For full testing purposes, we loaded test results
    for any applicants that had not received a HPAT
    result previousy.

These results should not have been able to be
    viewed on the CAO system.

We have to test our systems fully and applicants
    should not have been looking for their HPAT
    results as they all know that these results will
    not be available until June so therefore we
    assumed that there would be no problem.

If we have caused you concern, we apologise.

harmo08 wrote: »
    Here's the email i got from them:

2011 HPAT results will be available at the end of
    June 2011 when ACER will release them to the
    applicants.

At the same time, CAO will receive a copy of these
    results and they will be available for viewing on
    the CAO system at that point.

CAO has identified over 500 applicants who
    undertook the HPAT 2010 examination and these HPAT
    results were updated last week for testing
    purposes.

For full testing purposes, we loaded test results
    for any applicants that had not received a HPAT
    result previousy.

These results should not have been able to be
    viewed on the CAO system.

If we have caused you concern, we apologise.

:mad: Dammit, I cant see myself getting lucky twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kellogskelly

:mad: Dammit, I cant see myself getting lucky twice...
    yeah "lucky"... :P
    i still feel like they re real... how i felt about each section reflected in each individual score... agh its so annoying! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

^^^ you two related? :p

• Advertisement

Jaafa wrote: »
    ^^^ you two related? :p

:eek: oh God I hope not! ;) :P

There is a certain link there alright though, your powers of perception are uncanny ;)
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

:eek: oh God I hope not! ;) :P

There is a certain link there alright though, your powers of perception are uncanny ;)
    :pac:
    Truly I am a master of deduction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

harmo08 wrote: »
    Bit of a naive assumption to make really.

Yup, sent it to the Times, Independent and Examiner. Not that I'm envisaging a vast swell of public outrage at the outrageous mistreatment of us poor vulnerable students :P But its good to do something anyway :)
    irish examiner 5/5/11, pg.20! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

• Advertisement

Cao emailed me today with the email mentioned above. Seems to draw a line under the issue. :)

Cao emailed me today with the email mentioned above. Seems to draw a line under the issue. :)

i know it seems pretty final but i still have a niggling feeling that they're lying!
    and if they've read the paper, they're prob scared of you! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

What? The HPAT results are already out? :confused:

Can someone tell me something me about this situation please? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    What? The HPAT results are already out? :confused:

Can someone tell me something me about this situation please? :p

I dont know the full story but results appeared on some candidates cao pages ....... But they may not be the real thing. They are not up anymore and the cao are insisting that they were test runs........ But most people don't think it was because there was no warning of a test run given! That's as much as I know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

@Patriciamc93:Omg! Really? I missed it...not that I'm looking forward to them at this stage of the year. :P But that's shocking! I don't think they were test runs,tbh, considering that no prior warning was issued. I dunno,hope they clear out this confusion soon. Thank you,btw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    @Patriciamc93:Omg! Really? I missed it...not that I'm looking forward to them at this stage of the year. :P But that's shocking! I don't think they were test runs,tbh, considering that no prior warning was issued. I dunno,hope they clear out this confusion soon. Thank you,btw. :)

No problem! :)

Ya it made the examiner today ..... About the fourth page and all..... Thanks kellogscoffey :D

They are still saying it was test runs..... Oh well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

There are articles in the Examiner, the Irish Times and on the Herald website today! :-) Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

There are articles in the Examiner, the Irish Times and on the Herald website today! :-) Whoop!
    And for those who want to read it...:P
    AS a Leaving Certificate student who has applied for medicine, I deem it necessary to draw attention to the current situation affecting medicine applicants.

Approximately, 3,000 students sat the HPAT aptitude test last February, which is compulsory for all medicine applicants and worth a potential 300 points out of a total of 860 (the other 560 being made up of Leaving Cert points, with 20% weighting for every 10 points earned after 550 LC points).

We are due to receive these results in June after the exams, and these will largely dictate our chances of receiving an offer in a medicine course.

Last Friday, HPAT results appeared on students’ CAO accounts, my own included, over one month prematurely.

This naturally prompted a frenzy of activity online, and the results were removed several hours later.

Students who contacted the CAO were informed the results were "a test". However, no prior nor subsequent communication has taken place between the CAO and all students concerned.

Currently, some students have seen their "results" while others have not and no one can verify them. I therefore call on the CAO to clarify the situation immediately, and to do all they can to remedy the problem, which is undoubtedly causing unnecessary worry to students.

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/opinion/letters/cao-must-clarify-results-posting-debacle-153470.html#ixzz1LbEBaPqo

Personally, after reading the CAO's response, I'm fairly sure they're not lying. They'd never keep it up so long, and it sounds plausible. It's a pity they never clarified properly though (some release on their website...)

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/education/cao-apologises-for-posting-med-applicants-test-scores-online-153715.html
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

kellogscoffey - 216, damn, i know you're wishing that result is real haha. wish i had seen mine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 e19

Sorry to be changing subject, but when ye are on the cao website, is the hpat mentioned on the page with your choices? As far as i can see anyway there is no mention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

e19 wrote: »
    Sorry to be changing subject, but when ye are on the cao website, is the hpat mentioned on the page with your choices? As far as i can see anyway there is no mention?

When the results do come out, a separate section appears at the bottom with your hpat score.

e19 wrote: »

it was on it friday week ago but its all been taken down now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 e19

When the results do come out, a separate section appears at the bottom with your hpat score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JamieDOC

When are the HPAT results meant to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

27th of June i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 k.stewart

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Derick990

I found this show today and I found it very interesting. For those of you who missed it on the BBC check it out if you have a break from study. It's a reality show about junior doctors.

http://watchseries.eu/serie/junior_doctors:_your_life_in_their_hands

Derick990 wrote: »
    I found this show today and I found it very interesting. For those of you who missed it on the BBC check it out if you have a break from study. It's a reality show about junior doctors.

http://watchseries.eu/serie/junior_doctors:_your_life_in_their_hands

That was a really interesting series actually. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

Some really whingy characters on it.

Advertisement