Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Everything HPAT and Medicine for 2011 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LimboPanto

This is probably a dumb question, but are the results emailed out to us or do we have to log on to CAO to get them? It's just that I am going abroad and need to know how to access my results when I'm away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MedMan101

sure just bring all the details with you..

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

Hey! I did the HPAT (now no longer want to do med so don't worry for the retardedness of this question, I won't be the doctor at your bedside on your dying day :pac: )
    BUT
    I still want to see my results!
    How do I get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hey! I did the HPAT (now no longer want to do med so don't worry for the retardedness of this question, I won't be the doctor at your bedside on your dying day :pac: )
    BUT
    I still want to see my results!
    How do I get them?

You get sent an email to that account you used to sign up for the hpat with a link to a results page. You have to put in your applicant number (which was included in our email, or should be in previous emails) and your email address, and then you get them :)

You get sent an email to that account you used to sign up for the hpat with a link to a results page. You have to put in your applicant number (which was included in our email, or should be in previous emails) and your email address, and then you get them :)

Merci beaucoup ma cherie :)

These results of mine shall be funny to say the least. At least I'll bring the standard down a bit for the rest of ye :)

Oh yes when do we get them? I know its the 26th but do you know the time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 k.stewart

Merci beaucoup ma cherie :)

These results of mine shall be funny to say the least. At least I'll bring the standard down a bit for the rest of ye :)

Oh yes when do we get them? I know its the 26th but do you know the time?

It's the 27th.. they didn't state a time on the website, but apparently people from last year received them in the wee hours of the morning :P around 5am or so.. And some people got theirs at different times.. so god only knows :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abcd22

Hi, I'm getting the hpat results on monday too and i can't find my candidate number anywhere :eek: i have my cao number and my payment reference number, will i have a problem accessing the results from my email?! apparently they are posting our results to our cao page, is that going to be the same day, will i need my candidate number for the cao as well, or should i be worrying? Thanks very muchos.

abcd22 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm getting the hpat results on monday too and i can't find my candidate number anywhere :eek: i have my cao number and my payment reference number, will i have a problem accessing the results from my email?! apparently they are posting our results to our cao page, is that going to be the same day, will i need my candidate number for the cao as well, or should i be worrying? Thanks very muchos.

To log into your CAO you need your 11___ number and whatever password you use. Don't depend on that though, the first year they put them onto the CAO forms but took them down nearly straight away as the rounded figures for each section didn't add up properly to the overall result. I'm not sure if they went up eventually as a total number.

I still have my email from my results. It basically says "HPAT-Ireland results", then my name, my candidate number which was a 5 digit number, and then a link to the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abcd22

To log into your CAO you need your 11___ number and whatever password you use. Don't depend on that though, the first year they put them onto the CAO forms but took them down nearly straight away as the rounded figures for each section didn't add up properly to the overall result. I'm not sure if they went up eventually as a total number.

I still have my email from my results. It basically says "HPAT-Ireland results", then my name, my candidate number which was a 5 digit number, and then a link to the page.

Thanks a mill, id say I'll be grand, have the cao number and password and am after finding a 'customer number' too from acer. The email seems fairly effortless too so i'll hope for the best! Best of luck Monday, thanks again :)

abcd22 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill, id say I'll be grand, have the cao number and password and am after finding a 'customer number' too from acer. The email seems fairly effortless too so i'll hope for the best! Best of luck Monday, thanks again :)

Thankfully the ordeal is over me as of 2 years ago :pac: But good luck to you, and all the rest of ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Coco pop

Hey guys anybody know where you will get the results tomorrow ? Email is it ? and what time ? Thanks ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

yes email. could be anytime really the wee hours or before 5pm i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Sunny!! wrote: »
    yes email. could be anytime really the wee hours or before 5pm i imagine
    It was 3 am last year and 6 or 7 am the year before ;)

theowen wrote: »

So is everyone doing an all nighter tonight then? :)

theowen wrote: »

My email is only from 11am the year before! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 medsc

I got my email hacked a while ago, and theres no way (because I have tried everything), that I can get it back.. The alternative email and the secret question have been changed as well. I have my candidate number and access to my CAO, so will I be able to retrieve my results tonight?

medsc wrote: »
    I got my email hacked a while ago, and theres no way (because I have tried everything), that I can get it back.. The alternative email and the secret question have been changed as well. I have my candidate number and access to my CAO, so will I be able to retrieve my results tonight?

Yea they said that the results will be up on the cao application page too. :)

So is everyone doing an all nighter tonight then? :)

I'd prefer to sleep through it rather than being on edge all night waiting for the "ding" of a new mail message :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 medsc

k.stewart wrote: »
    Yea they said that the results will be up on the cao application page too. :)

Aw thanks! I was really worried there.. But do they go up around the same time? Cause my parents will want to see the results ASAP -.- x

I'd prefer to sleep through it rather than being on edge all night waiting for the "ding" of a new mail message :P

Even though my results will probably be abismal I'm still kind of excited

• Advertisement

Even though my results will probably be abismal I'm still kind of excited

Me too.. I'm terrified that they'll be awful and I'll spend all day tomorrow in bed with a pint of ice-cream drowning my sorrows :P

The fact that some people last year scored less than 70 overall is scary D:
    I don't think I did that bad.. but I had like one hour of sleep cause I was so nervous, no breakfast (for fear of throwing up) and had a panic attack in the exam hall.. So I'm not expecting them to be spectacular, but I'm hoping to get at least 170 :P

What's everyone else expecting? realistically?
    Would anyone repeat it if they don't score well enough?

medsc wrote: »
    Aw thanks! I was really worried there.. But do they go up around the same time? Cause my parents will want to see the results ASAP -.- x

I guess so.. It would make sense if they sent out our results to us and to the cao people at the same time.. but maybe it might take a few hours for them to appear on the cao site?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

Anyone know how many times you can actually repeat the HPAT? I know the score holds for 2 years...does this mean you can only sit it twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭dynamot

I've been so relaxed/confident since the exam, but i am suddenly feeling extremely nervous. I need 168 points for UCD and I don't think i'll get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

from HPAT-Ireland Office hpat-ireland@acer.edu.au
    to hpat@---
    date Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 2:17 AM
    subject HPAT-Ireland Result Notice

Nulzy wrote: »
    Anyone know how many times you can actually repeat the HPAT? I know the score holds for 2 years...does this mean you can only sit it twice?

Yea you can sit it twice... so you can repeat only once.

dynamot wrote: »
    I've been so relaxed/confident since the exam, but i am suddenly feeling extremely nervous. I need 168 points for UCD and I don't think i'll get it :(

168? How do you know?
    Did you do the leaving in 2010 and just repeat the hpat?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

Oh dear..this is it then:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

My email is only from 11am the year before! :P
    That's weird :P I guess everyone gets them at different times so?

What's the craic with the HPAT next year? Are they changing it? Someone said they were gonna make it so ye have to do the HPAT the same year as the LC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭johndoe91

dont think so....think you can repeat it as many times as you want as long as you are doing your leaving or have done it before! I did it last year and this year but I know someone who is doing it for the 3rd time!

Advertisement