Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Everything HPAT and Medicine for 2011 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

190! 91st percentile! Up from 49th percentile last year! I'm soo happy i can't even describe it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iluvgreenday246

congrats thats amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emma123abc

You are all going to laugh when I tell you what I got.

My fault for only looking at the practice book the morning of the test.. I got 153! :rolleyes: Section Scores: 1: 47 2: 54 3: 52 Man that's baaad..

That's medicine off the CAO then.. I'm such an idiot for not preaparing for the time constraints! Oh well :(

Can't laugh.. Got 152. Devastated. That's medicine gone now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭johndoe91

Presumably he had RCSI before UCD on his CAO?

he told me he had trinity ucd then rcsi and cork....ah well doesnt really matter!

hollingr wrote: »
    its not just about hpat score.... the L.C score is important as well as your background, life experience, and work experience in the medical field.

I also applied as a mature student but could only apply to rcsi and ucd due to my leaving cert subjects. ucd said no but rcsi called me for interview ehich i hear back about in a week or so.. thats my last hope for now!

do people do the hpat for graduate entry medicine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

johndoe91 wrote: »

no they dont.. i got a 2.2 in my degree so i was not elegible to do the gamsats!

if you get a 2.1+, gamsats ahoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Congrats to everyone. :)

I got 173. 72nd percentile. If I get 550, I'll have 723, the cut-off for NUIG was 720. NUIG is my first choice, so hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I've done it. I'll be tenterhooks until August though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Graduate entry medicine is different, you need to sit the GAMSAT and have a 2.1 in a previous degree. It doesn't go on LC/HPAT points at all. Mature student entry is different as well, there are a fairly small number of places but I'm not sure of the criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

apologies being a bit arrogant with the whole not getting trinity thing. for those who didnt get the score they expected in the hpat and really want to do medicine. If you do well in the leaving I would say go to college and just re-sit the hpat next year. that way your not wasting a year and you can just spend a month studying for the hpat! I remember the feeling of not getting in last year and feeling like ther was no hope but i went on to tcd and did law and I just got a few books and got the ******** online course and went up 30 points to get 209! all i'd say is dont lose hope, you can definately bump up your hpat score by just abit of studying! :)
    You need to relax buddy :) Just be happy, YOU'RE GOING TO BE DOING MEDICINE NEXT YEAR! Who cares if it's in TCD, UCD or NUIG, ye got you're dream course.

Congratz to anyone who got the points, hard luck to those who didn't. Remember ye can always repeat the HPAT, many, many people in my class did and went up 30,40,50 points. I hope I see a few of ye around Trinity next year :D

190! 91st percentile! Up from 49th percentile last year! I'm soo happy i can't even describe it ...

well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

emma123abc wrote: »
    Can't laugh.. Got 152. Devastated. That's medicine gone now...

Well in 2009 the points for NUI Galway were 712 so if you got 600 points (560) that year plus your 152 you would have got in! So there is a tiny chance, if the points come down and you get 600 points? I know how you feel though because there's no chance in hell I'm going to get 600 :(

theowen wrote: »
    You need to relax buddy :) Just be happy, YOU'RE GOING TO BE DOING MEDICINE NEXT YEAR! Who cares if it's in TCD, UCD or NUIG, ye got you're dream course.

Congratz to anyone who got the points, hard luck to those who didn't. Remember ye can always repeat the HPAT, many, many people in my class did and went up 30,40,50 points. I hope I see a few of ye around Trinity next year :D

i know was just really banking on trinity! you in trinity already?

Anyone know where the bull curve for this year can be found?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nikita_can_run

I'm just devastated...I don't know what to do now. Trying not to cry T_T

Well in 2009 the points for NUI Galway were 712 so if you got 600 points (560) that year plus your 152 you would have got in! So there is a tiny chance, if the points come down and you get 600 points? I know how you feel though because there's no chance in hell I'm going to get 600 :(

Only thing is that I live in Dublin and can noway afford to move to Galway, so I only have TCD and UCD on my CAO :(
    Just hope I get the points and either by some miracle get medicine or else genetics...

i know was just really banking on trinity! you in trinity already?
    Yeap! Heading into second year in Sept. Give me a mail, that goes to anyone sure, if ye get in and want advice. I'll probably be a student mentor for the first years too, so I'll end up seeing a few of ye I'm sure ;) :P

Good luck getting in, I hope ye do. At the end of the day though, UCD is arguably better than Trinity :P
    jumpguy wrote: »
    Anyone know where the bull curve for this year can be found?
    We got it in the same email as our results last year.

Only thing is that I live in Dublin and can noway afford to move to Galway, so I only have TCD and UCD on my CAO :(
    Just hope I get the points and either by some miracle get medicine or else genetics...

RCSI?

We got it in the same email as our results last year.
    Really? Nothing in my email about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fk44

Hi Guys I know it's the middle of the night but correct me if I'm wrong points will prob go up sky high I got 181 82% this year, last year 181 was 91% so do the maths! sorry

Good luck getting in, I hope ye do. At the end of the day though, UCD is arguably better than Trinity :P

Ha yeah sure! hopefully the points drop by 2! :P how many points did you get last year?

• Advertisement

RCSI?

I was a complete tool and thought "oh with just UCD and TCD I'll be grand, don't need to put RCSI down" :(:o I know it was really stupid of me.. And could be paying for it now... I'm hoping on doing a genetics course and getting into medicine that way now though I think based on my HPAT results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dubelj

I was a complete tool and thought "oh with just UCD and TCD I'll be grand, don't need to put RCSI down" :(:o I know it was really stupid of me.. And could be paying for it now... I'm hoping on doing a genetics course and getting into medicine that way now though I think based on my HPAT results

you can still change your CAO until the 1st!

jumpguy wrote: »
    Really? Nothing in my email about it...
    We didn't get one the year before I don't think. There will be one up somewhere I'm sure. Ye can usually work out by people on this how many points were needed to get 100% and so...
    Ha yeah sure! hopefully the points drop by 2! :P how many points did you get last year?
    I got 130 last year, 154 the year before. Hpat never treated me well. I got in on the HEAR programme, 708 or so over all. One of the best in my class now though, so don't know what that says about the Hpat.

I may be wrong, but once you have 1 restricted course down already can you add more colleges?

dubelj wrote: »
    Ye can't put down restricted courses after the 31st of Feb or so. Ye can change your restricted courses until the 1st, but they have to have been down by the 31st or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

CAO doesn't close until Friday so you can still put RCSI down! GO DO IT! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Got 183. 85th percentile. I'm happy with the result but I have a feeling my L.C let me down. I was just so lazy throughout the year and I think I'm going to pay the price. Congrats to everyone who did well. To anyone who didn't do as well as they wanted don't lose heart. You can always try again. Many people's results drastically improve with an extra year!

CAO doesn't close until Friday so you can still put RCSI down! GO DO IT! ;)
    Ye can't put down restricted courses after the 31st of Feb or so. Ye can change your restricted courses until the 1st, but they have to have been down by the 31st or whatever.
    I may be wrong, but once you have 1 restricted course down already can you add more colleges?
    dubelj wrote: »

Ok, totally confused now! Can anyone clear this up?...
    I know by now you MUST have the restricted course on your CAO, that they can't be added in now, but if I have medicine in TCD and UCD on my CAO, can I add RCSI in?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maestoso

fk44 wrote: »
    Hi Guys I know it's the middle of the night but correct me if I'm wrong points will prob go up sky high I got 181 82% this year, last year 181 was 91% so do the maths! sorry
    Aren't there less applicants this year, though? I know that there are 3,010 this year. How much were there in 2010 and 2009?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Why don't you just go onto the CAO website now and try? I'm sure if you're not allowed it will stop you?

Advertisement