Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Everything HPAT and Medicine for 2011 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

HOPEd wrote: »
    this is like the most stupid question..but imma ask anyways... :p
    Can u repeat like ure HPAT and leaving cert while ure at college? :rolleyes:
    Until this year anyway yeap. Many people in my current med class repeated the HPAT while in first year law, science etc and went up. Be a bit tricky to repeat the LC though at the same time thoug, no? (even though I don't see why ye wouldn't be allowed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HOPEd

theowen wrote: »
    Until this year anyway yeap. Many people in my current med class repeated the HPAT while in first year law, science etc and went up. Be a bit tricky to repeat the LC though at the same time thoug, no? (even though I don't see why ye wouldn't be allowed).

yeah but by the time the leaving comes up, ill be finished with my first year... like my friend was finished since may :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 harmo08

ahhh just checked my results, cao lied, the results i just got was the same as the leaked one, darn liers, anyways, im out of medicine again this year. Think i'll just stick to my course in Biomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jc21

Hi there, so i got 183 (85th percentile) in the hpat and in light of the increase in hpat scores across the board( 175 was 85th percentile last year) do you think I have any chance of getting med? If so, what would the minimum points i would require in the lc?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

dunno how they will justify lying about it.

They knew they'd be found out once people got their 'official' results. I guess it was just their way of trying to keep things quiet and stop a media furore at the time over people complaining how unfair it is that some got their results pre L.C putting them in a better position to make decisions etc etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

jc21 wrote: »
    Hi there, so i got 183 (85th percentile) in the hpat and in light of the increase in hpat scores across the board( 175 was 85th percentile last year) do you think I have any chance of getting med? If so, what would the minimum points i would require in the lc?

you have an excellent chance i'd say. Probably would want 550+ to be 'comfortable' but i'd say you can be quietly confident based on your hpat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

theowen wrote: »
    Interesting. More flexible of the CAO than I thought possible of them :P Cheers for the correction!:rolleyes::D
    Note that I said "I *think* ...".

We'll wait until someone tries it in practice to be sure! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jc21

hollingr wrote: »
    you have an excellent chance i'd say. Probably would want 550+ to be 'comfortable' but i'd say you can be quietly confident based on your hpat. :)

thanks hollingr, I feel much better now, Ill just have to pray my leaving cert went ok! Hope your hpat went well and that your happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Nulzy

my hpat results aren't on my cao yet...i just can see them on the acer website from the e-mail link..is every1 else the same?? or should I be worried its not showing up on my cao application yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Nulzy wrote: »
    my hpat results aren't on my cao yet...i just can see them on the acer website from the e-mail link..is every1 else the same?? or should I be worried its not showing up on my cao application yet?

They're not on mine either. No, don't be worried.

• Advertisement

can u repeat ure leaving while studyin at college?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

HOPEd wrote: »
    can u repeat ure leaving while studyin at college?

There's no reason why you can't as far as I know.

185, up from 164 I'm going to cry if I actually make it.

wayhey wrote: »
    There's no reason why you can't as far as I know.

185, up from 164 I'm going to cry if I actually make it.

oki doks....thats some kinda hope....
    Ah u will ...itsa brilliant result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pons

guys how to check da result??!

pons wrote: »

Go into your e-mail acoount, acer will have sent you an e-mail, follow the link and they ask for ur e-mail address and candidate number, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

pons wrote: »

I've been out tonight and still haven't slept so I'm not really a reliable source. But I checked my email and ACER told me my results were available at the address provided. You need your candidate number so I searched my gmail for "ticket" and took my candidate number from that.

Good luck!!!

Folks, I know everyone is excited, but less of the textspeak, ok? :)

Any repeats out there know about using last years score?

Hpat website says :

A If you sat HPAT – Ireland in 2011 and wish to use your 2010 score to apply for admission in 2011, you must send a copy of your 2010 Statement of Results to the CAO when submitting your application. Alternatively your most recent score will be used.

I'm still not sure does this mean I should have send a statement of results when I applied before the closing date????:'(

thanks guys!!
    was wondering if 122 is gud for a first-timer,17 year old??!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

216, 99th percentile! Obviously delighted, same score as appeared a few months ago.

• Advertisement

216, 99th percentile! Obviously delighted, same score as appeared a few months ago.

first time??!(sorry just curiosity!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Brilliant result Kellogscoffey. You must be delighted! Great to see that they were the right scores that got released before. Someone needs to call ACER out on this. Just think, we all could have known our score for over a month now!

Bbbbolger wrote: »
    Just think, we all could have known our score for over a month now!
    I'm not sure that would have been of benefit to people facing in to LC, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

By how much max would yis think the points will go up by this year? I was sure they'd go down until I saw what points correlated with what percentiles this year compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

551 points from last years leaving plus 178 ,79th percentile this morning

Gives me a total of 729 .
    Should it work to get me in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 k.stewart

bemmet wrote: »
    551 points from last years leaving plus 178 ,79th percentile this morning

Gives me a total of 729 .
    Should it work to get me in ?

Sounds good :)
    People got in on 719 last year..
    So did you do the hpat again? Did your score go up by much? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

k.stewart wrote: »
    Sounds good :)
    People got in on 719 last year..
    So did you do the hpat again? Did your score go up by much? :)

Up from 165 hpat last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 k.stewart

Wow!:)
    Did you do a preparation course or repeat it?
    Or was that your first go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ADeVoy

211, 99th percentile!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭johndoe91

ADeVoy wrote: »
    211, 99th percentile!! :D:D

Well done....got 2 less then you at 98th percentile! does anyone know what the highest score was?

Advertisement