Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Everything HPAT and Medicine for 2011 *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sopherson

Sunny!! wrote: »
    I'll do anything :L, i love english so its doesnt bother me

ill do ol maths, so it be ok

ill might do one hl out of french and irish, not sure.

well you're clearly very determined. I know you'll get in next year! :) I HOPE I do too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

sopherson wrote: »
    well you're clearly very determined. I know you'll get in next year! :) I HOPE I do too

i hope you do:)

I probably wont over the hpat tbh:(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Are ye repeating in a school or at home through long distance? Cos I might well have to next year...

Are ye repeating in a school or at home through long distance? Cos I might well have to next year...

ill be repeating in a school, i wouldnt be able to do it on my own

i hope you do:)

I probably wont over the hpat tbh:(

I KNOW HOW YA FEEL. That hapt is a real b***h!
    Its such an obstacle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 YouSerious

anybody know when medicine in NUIG is starting this year?

I KNOW HOW YA FEEL. That hapt is a real b***h!
    Its such an obstacle!

theres a post on this 2 or 3 pages back its going to be reviewed worth having a look at i suppose, but i'm not going to get my hopes up that it will be abolished:(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

YouSerious wrote: »
    anybody know when medicine in NUIG is starting this year?

Heya! You starting in NUIG?:D Weve Orintation over the weekend 10th-11th September and Lectures ect start on the Monday the 12th! Freshers lasts a fortnight starting on the 12th!!:D

Heya! You starting in NUIG?:D Weve Orintation over the weekend 10th-11th September and Lectures ect start on the Monday the 12th! Freshers lasts a fortnight starting on the 12th!!:D

Hello. Congratulations on your getting into NUIG. :)

theres a post on this 2 or 3 pages back its going to be reviewed worth having a look at i suppose, but i'm not going to get my hopes up that it will be abolished:(

awwhh... if only.... :(
    well we still have a chance. things will work out. Fingers crossed! on a totally unrelated note, do ya live in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 YouSerious

Ya I am! I already knew about orientation but I didnt think we'd be starting so soon! Wouldn't mind an extra week off to be honest! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 2true

hey! after following boards for the past two years i thought it about time i gave my 2 cents! last year i had a lc of 545 and a hpat of 160 missing med by 14 points...i repeated both this year and finally received an offer of med! over the moon to say the least...was in two minds this time last year whether to repeat the leaving and i can now honestly say it was the best thing i ever did; it gave me time to mature and really understand what was required for a course like medicine and most importantly if i hadn't repeated i would have missed med this year by a couple of points! so to anyone thinking of repeating go for it you wont regret it! after all every point counts! :D

awwhh... if only.... :(
    well we still have a chance. things will work out. Fingers crossed! on a totally unrelated note, do ya live in dublin?

nope cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭drrkpd

Enda Kenny wrote: »
    Got NUIG aswell but don't know if i'll be offered the 5 year course...only have two LC sciences.When will i find out if i can do the five year couse or not??

Even if you are as determined as your namesake this is my advice-

4. Do premed if it is available unless you are a mature student. The change from LC to college is huge and premed allows you to settle into that. You will never work so hard as you will in 1st year of medicine. You are basically trying to learn a new language in a few months. About 10% of students fail some exam in 1st year though many compensate in the Summer.This is a huge shock to students many of whom have never failed an exam in their life before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

If I book my HPAT test in 2012 do I get a one of those practise test booklets for free? If so, which one, test booklet 1 or 2 and whats the difference between them?

BL1993 wrote: »
    If I book my HPAT test in 2012 do I get a one of those practise test booklets for free? If so, which one, test booklet 1 or 2 and whats the difference between them?

i didn't last year, the 2nd one is suppose to be more difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

So would it be worth getting both?

So would it be worth getting both?

ive only heard about the second, i didnt but it last year, because i didnt put much attention to the hpat, foolishly i know, only used book one and a blue book i bought in easons, im buying book 2 during the week so go for it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Straw poll; anyone here going into UCD Medicine this coming year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Any future TCD meds, hit me up with any Qs ye got, Or head over to the TCD forum, there's a fairly busy Medicine thread :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

No, they are €27.50 each!

We were lucky, they ran a HPAT class for us in the school, and the teacher photocopied them for us. . .try to source copies outside official lines if at all possible, they take ages in the post. . .

nope cork :)

ooohh wow!! well greetings from meath! :cool::P

Straw poll; anyone here going into UCD Medicine this coming year?

I wish!! :( are you?

ooohh wow!! well greetings from meath! :cool::P

:L

:L

:confused:

:confused:

haha, meaths a grand place!!:)

haha, meaths a grand place!!:)

S'ppose,, tis a bit boring if u ask me... cant wait to move to dublin.

S'ppose,, tis a bit boring if u ask me... cant wait to move to dublin.

do you live out in the country side?
    love dublin tbh:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

drrkpd wrote: »

Even if you are as determined as your namesake this is my advice-

4. Do premed if it is available unless you are a mature student. The change from LC to college is huge and premed allows you to settle into that. You will never work so hard as you will in 1st year of medicine. You are basically trying to learn a new language in a few months. About 10% of students fail some exam in 1st year though many compensate in the Summer.This is a huge shock to students many of whom have never failed an exam in their life before.

I know you reccomend this but do you mind me asking why? Would you reccomend it for me? I got A1s in the three sciences and Ive lots of "experience" with medical "terminology" becuase of my first aid experience. Im 19. (I did TY)

Are you a current med student?:) Is premed not just basically a science degree for a year?:/ Any info would be great!:)

• Advertisement

do you live out in the country side?
    love dublin tbh:)

No No. navan town. And dublin is amazing. something's always goin on. i hope i get campus acc. :):D

Advertisement