Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

am i out of my mind or what

• 09-09-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

ok ok i know i am going to get the piss ripped out of me but what can i do

I bought the wife a 2003 mazda 6 as a replacement for her 15 year old toyota carina which died last month
    Mazda 6 is a beauty of a car , all top spec and getting 41 mpg i LOVE it and so does my son
    However my wife wont drive it as she says its a mans car and she does not like it and she wants a girls car instead so she spots this Daihatsu Charade 2004 1.0l in met purple and wants it ]
    Dealer in Dublin will swap my car for this yoke , in fainess the daihatsu does get a great review on what car and top gear and is cheap on fuel tax etc
    The charade is on carzone and is in autocars drumcondra , never heard of them .. anyone else

Anyway i now have to go and look at this yoke to see if its anygood and hand over my mazda in exchange

I hate my wife for making me buy a shopping trolley :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

For a start I would have thought there would be a few grand in the difference between the two cars, so if he is suggesting a straight swap Id be very quick to tell him where to go with himself.

Secondly, if it was me Id not be giving in so easily... Massive step down going from a Mazda 6 to a Charade, both in the size and class of the cars, so were it me Id be telling the wife to cop onto herself. But it aint me I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Are you out of your mind? No
    Is your wife? Yes

don't do it ffs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

Argue your case.

Not only would it be a huge step down in terms of motoring, it will also re-affirm female streotypes. Convince your wife that to keep the mazda would be a strike for women's lib.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Think of the safety if she is driving the kids around. Tell her you are worried that if someone crahes into her that they will all be killed in the little car. Leave it at that and let her think it through. But really, for that reason and every other reason, the mazda should be kept. Supper reliable too by all accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What!? Are you crazy?? A Mazda 6 to a Charade!? Tell your wife its divorce time if she comes up with anything as crazy as that again! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The mazda 6 is a man's car, and the carina is what, exactly? :confused:

Tell your wife to STFU! If she doesn't like it tell her to go and sort it out herself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Might be an idea to involve your wife in the process from start to finish this time.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Why didn't you ask your wife for her opinion before you bought her a car? It would have saved you all the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Tell her to cop the **** on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I didn't realise there were "men" and "women's" cars. Crikey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

The Carina is the manlyest (now theres a word!!) Car ever to be produced!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Fishtits wrote: »
    Why didn't you ask your wife for her opinion before you bought her a car? It would have saved you all the hassle.

Because she would have bought a charade:D

But seriously you should have involved her in the process and made her come to the conclusion of buying the mazda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Who's the real woman here? The OP or his wife?? :D

Seriously though, it all depends on your circumstances, and if you can afford to run the 6 and justify keeping it, then IMHO I think that is what you should do. Car wise, they are chalk and cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OP if you give in to your wife on this issue you may as well get yourself castrated, because she's about to do it for you. Play the money side, the safety side, whatever you have to do to avoid buying a ratshit heap of girlie crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I suppose you're not surprised by the response on a Motoring forum! But seriously, just look at this for a 30 seconds:
    D0804A.jpg

There is no need for me to say anything else.

Put the shoe on the other foot for a minute, lads. Your wife (presumably without consulting you) comes home with a car you don't want and expects you to drive it. What would you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Tell her she can drive it all she wants but I'm away off to buy a proper car.

Its slightly different here anyway, they have a decent car and she wants them to change it for a pile of scrap for no reason other than she wants a "girlie" car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Oh god, show her this thread. She'll change her mind and realise how crazy she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

You're the man, you sort the cars.

She wants to drive something else, she can buy it herself!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Anan1 wrote: »
    Put the shoe on the other foot for a minute, lads. Your wife (presumably without consulting you) comes home with a car you don't want and expects you to drive it. What would you say?

If it was the Charade ..... No
    If it was the Mazda......... Yes

bit of a noo brainer really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Is the idea of having both cars out of the question? Youd probably pick that Charade up for €2500 or less, and it would cost next to nothing to run. Could be a compromise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

tell her she's a sexist.;).that should save you a few months sex anyway...:D

..a mazda 6 is a way diferent car to a Charade. I can see her point, but NOT a Charade!!! Meet her in the middle somewhere.... A Focus ST perhaps....:cool:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    If it was the Charade ..... No
    If it was the Mazda......... Yes

bit of a noo brainer really!
    I asked whether you would drive a car which had been bought without your input or consent, and which you didn't want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

djimi wrote: »
    Is the idea of having both cars out of the question? Youd probably pick that Charade up for €2500 or less, and it would cost next to nothing to run. Could be a compromise...

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

There's a great line in a car sales movie (I forget its name) where the buyer says he has to ask his wife if he can buy the car...

The salesman says "why? I don't have to ask my wife if I can sell it to you..."

Never heard of the guys in Drumcondra. Charade's are notorious for head gaskets. Get it checked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

OP - it's time to put your foot down!

(At least when you do you'll get somewhere in the Mazda!):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

..is the Mazda petrol or diesel, btw......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

EPM wrote: »
    Pwned! OP, you be wastin' our time stirrin' this shit.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

Well, in the OP, he says he hates his wife for making him buy the car.
    So he's bought(swapped?) the Charade and is now looking for sympathy? Or wants to show his wife this thread to make her feel bad?!

Advertisement