Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebuyer registration

Options
  • 09-09-2010 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I know this has been done to death but from google and trawling through old threads I couldn't find a straight answer.

What would I put in the fields to make it actually work? I notice when I come to the checkout it has my bogey postcode and Great Britain as the country, with Ireland as the County, how might this affect it? What about shipping costs, I'd assume they'd want more going to Ireland. I'd rather not have to ring them, spend 11 euro calling England not last week, yuk. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Put 'REP 123' as the Postcode, you are going to have to put aside any nationalistic feeling and accept the country as the UK :), put in your Irish county as the county.

Shipping to ireland is 9.99 Sterling. Also you will need either a paypal or Google Checkout account.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Paypal won't work with ebuyer you have to use Google Checkout.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Carne wrote: »
    Paypal won't work with ebuyer you have to use Google Checkout.

Somebody better inform Ebuyer of their mistake then because the SSD and HDD sitting on my desk beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

How did you manage to get Paypal to work?

Didn't do anything special just signed up for Ebuyer account and selected the paypal option at checkout, didn't really know if it would work.

Nothing very special about my paypal account either, it contains just a single unverified visa card.

The ebuyer shipping address is the same (but not an exact match) as the Credit card billing address so perhaps that is why it was successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

You don't even need to register an account to place an order. I got an order last week just by adding the items as a guest and then using the google checkout process used a proper Irish address with no made up postcode and voila, the order was dispatched. The key is to not bother registering.

Advertisement