Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.222 AMMO Required in Midlands region

Options
  • 09-09-2010 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭

My mate has a .222 and can't get ammo for it in the Athlone area.

Anyone know of a RFD that has some in stock?
    He only needs a couple of boxes as it is his third rifle (inherited it after his dad passed away)

All replies appreciated.
    I think he was using Remington Ammo but any ammo would be considered.
    Hollow point Hunting or BT'ed rounds only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭.243

to the best of my knowledge griffin hawe have some and i know definity dma agencies in ashford co.wicklow have lapua soft nose,if thats any use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

.243 wrote: »
    to the best of my knowledge griffin hawe have some and i know definity dma agencies in ashford co.wicklow have lapua soft nose,if thats any use

It could be, Wickla is a bit away.

Athy might be a better option.

I'm not very familiar with the ammo myself, his Rifle is ~1954, it was in the park for many years, he has a .223 but he likes the Rifle coz it was his da's and it is in pristine condition as it was in storage 30 years

I'll let him know.

Does anyone know if mulvihil or lakeland has any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

It could be, Wickla is a bit away.

Athy might be a better option.

I'm not very familiar with the ammo myself, his Rifle is ~1954, it was in the park for many years, he has a .223 but he likes the Rifle coz it was his da's and it is in pristine condition as it was in storage 30 years

I'll let him know.

Does anyone know if mulvihil or lakeland has any?
    Might I suggest the use of one of those new-fangled telephone things? I hear they're very popular these days ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I was goona post that !!!!! BUT as I'm only just back from a 3 x day ban I thought it better not to :D

Casale 2000 LTD in Cashel, Co.Tipp, had some (062) 63106 in case ya wanna ring 'em :P

I was goona post that !!!!! BUT as I'm only just back from a 3 x day ban I thought it better not to :D

Casale 2000 LTD in Cashel, Co.Tipp, had some (062) 63106 in case ya wanna ring 'em :P
    Welcome back! It's been a bit quiet... :p

Too quiet :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I've learned my lesson this time ;)

Sparks is ALWAYS right :p

I do so hope I'm not derailing this thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

rrpc wrote: »
    Might I suggest the use of one of those new-fangled telephone things? I hear they're very popular these days ;)

I got the ammo this eve for my mate!
    And I used no Telephone

I used bush telegraph ;)

Thanks for all the replies lads, problem sorted

I got the ammo this eve for my mate!
    And I used no Telephone

I used bush telegraph ;)
    As a matter of interest, how did you connect to the bush telegraph system? :D

Advertisement