Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deborah Anapol comes to Ireland, October 2010

Options
  • 09-09-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Deborah Anapol is coming to Ireland for one two-day experiential workshop entitled Love Without Limits: A New Paradigm for Love. The workshop takes place Saturday and Sunday, October 2nd-3rd in Dublin.

Dr. Anapol is known is the 'mother of the modern polyamory movement'. She is a world-renowned relationship expert, author, healer, and teacher. Join Dr. Anapol as she guides us through two days of exploration into Love, Relationships, and Transformation. Her new book, Polyamory in the 21st Century as just been published.

To register or for further information contact Randy at:

LoveWithoutLimitsIreland@runbox.com

See below for more on the workshop and a link to the flyer.

- Randy

p.s. you can keep up to date with Deborah and Irish Polyamory via these links:

Deborah Anapol's blog on Psychology Today:
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/love-without-limits

Deborah's personal website:
    http://www.lovewithoutlimits.com/

Dublin Polyamory Discussion Group:
    http://www.meetup.com/Polyamory-Ireland/

Polyamory Ireland on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=91242640003

Her new book, Polyamory in the 21st Century is available now on Amazon (from the States - to be published in the UK in late October):
    http://tinyurl.com/3a9wlzp

Polyamory in the 21st Century on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/Polyamoryinthe21stCentury

Love Without Limits: A New Paradigm for Love

a two-day experiential weekend with Deborah Anapol

October 2nd & 3rd, 2010 - Dublin

FIRST TIME IN IRELAND!

Everyone wants to love and be loved but few know how to do either successfully.

During this exciting weekend, you will learn how to:

* Love more and fear less, naturally
    * Release judgement and blame
    * Experience joy through the joy of others
    * Communicate and negotiate with partners
    * Transform jealousy
    * Release beliefs that no longer serve you

EXPERIENCE COMPASSION AND FORGIVENESS IN YOUR RELATIONSHIPS.

You'll also discover:

* Principles common to all loving relationships
    * That more honesty leads to more love
    * The importance of conscious relating
    * The power of letting go and saying 'yes'.

Dr. Anapol distills complex truths about love down to basic essentials and reminds us that love is not just a good idea, it's the way the world works.

This workshop is for:

* People who want to create more love, more intimacy, and more sexuality in their lives.
    * Everyone, whether in a relationship or not. Individuals, couples, intimate groups are all welcome.

This workshop honours all forms of loving relationships.

CREATE WHAT YOUR HEART WANTS TO CREATE, NOT WHAT OTHERS SAY YOU SHOULD.

Registrations are now being accepted for this unforgettable event. Advance registration only, no walk-in admission. Workshop space is strictly limited. Early registration recommended to avoid disappointment. The price is €180 per person or €160 per person if attending as a couple or intimate group registering together. A non-refundable deposit of €50 is required to secure a place. A limited number of low income/student places are available. Please inquire if you are unable to pay the full amount but still wish to attend.

To register or for further information contact Randy at:

LoveWithoutLimitsIreland@runbox.com

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:

Dr. Deborah Anapol is the highly respected author of several books including: Polyamory: The New Love Without Limits, Compersion, and, The Seven Natural Laws of Love. Her latest book, Polyamory in the 21st Century, has just been published in the USA (UK release is scheduled for October 2010). She founded the Sacred Space Institute (formerly IntiNet Resource Center and The Abundant Love Institute), a national organization dedicated to reintegrating sexuality into spirituality and health care and expanding the boundaries of the family. She is also the co-founder of Loving More Magazine and producer of the Pelvic Heart Integration video.

She holds a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Washington and has been working with individuals, partners, families, and groups exploring conscious relating, sexual healing, and new-paradigm relationships for over 30 years. She regularly appears on television, radio, the Internet, and presents at workshops, private retreats, seminars, conferences, and public speaking engagements worldwide. She has recently been asked to write a column on the subject of polyamory for Psychology Today.

An inspiring and dynamic speaker, Dr. Anapol lives and works on her permaculture style farm in Hawaii. She is known as the 'mother of the modern polyamory movement' and we are thrilled to have Deborah in Ireland for the very first time!

Dr. Anapol will be available on a very limited basis in the days following her Dublin workshop for personal coaching - individually, in couples or in groups.

Download the workshop flyer here:

http://tinyurl.com/34urg8m

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:

Dr. Deborah Anapol is the highly respected author of several books including: Polyamory: The New Love Without Limits, Compersion, and, The Seven Natural Laws of Love. Her latest book, Polyamory in the 21st Century, has just been published in the USA (UK release is scheduled for October 2010). She founded the Sacred Space Institute (formerly IntiNet Resource Center and The Abundant Love Institute), a national organization dedicated to reintegrating sexuality into spirituality and health care and expanding the boundaries of the family. She is also the co-founder of Loving More Magazine and producer of the Pelvic Heart Integration video.

She holds a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Washington and has been working with individuals, partners, families, and groups exploring conscious relating, sexual healing, and new- paradigm relationships for over 30 years. She regularly appears on television, radio, the Internet, and presents at workshops, private retreats, seminars, conferences, and public speaking engagements worldwide. She has recently been asked to write a column on the subject of polyamory for Psychology Today.

An inspiring and dynamic speaker, Dr. Anapol lives and works on her permaculture style farm in Hawaii. She is known as the 'mother of the modern polyamory movement' and we are thrilled to have Deborah in Ireland for the very first time!

Dr. Anapol will be available on a very limited basis in the days following her Dublin workshop for personal coaching - individually, in couples or in groups.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

That sounds very interesting. I'm sceptical the poly based relationships work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't quite understand why this is in the LGBT forum? It's not the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans-gender and polyamoury forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

zoegh wrote: »
    I don't quite understand why this is in the LGBT forum? It's not the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans-gender and polyamoury forum...

Surely you know; all gay, bi and trans people are inherently promiscous, incapable of having a long term relationship and secretly wish to undermine marriage and monogamous relationships with buzz words and pseudo,new age, pop psychology-damn liberal, douche bag, hippies.:mad:....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was suggested to the OP that they should post it here, the OP asked me as moderator if this was ok and I said it was fine because I think that some LGBT people might be interested

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dreambiz

@zoegh - From my experience of being involved with these issues for many years, there does seem to be a significantly higher percentage of LGBTQ identified individuals within the polyamory community than in the default world.

• Advertisement

Azure_sky wrote: »
    That sounds very interesting. I'm sceptical the poly based relationships work though.

@Azure_sky - probably not the place to get into this discussion in much detail, but in my experience, polyamorous relationships 'work' at least as well as monogamous relationships.

I understand all those arguments, but I really have a strong reaction to polyamoury etc being lumped in with lgbt stuff. It propegates the idea from people who don't agree with polyamory ideals (of which I am one) that all gay people are incapable of monogamy.

I also take major umbrage at the tone of the materials to advertise. It seems like if you don't dig polyamory you're a stuffy person who isn't "loving" to their full potential or something.plus from what i gather, many polyamourous relationships are in no way bisexual. If this forum was called the minority sexuality forum then fine. But its not.

I really have a strong reaction to polyamoury etc being lumped in with lgbt stuff. It propegates the idea from people who don't agree with polyamory ideals (of which I am one) that all gay people are incapable of monogamy.

This isn't being 'lumped in', it is simply being shared for people to take or leave it as they see fit.

I don't see the tone to which you're referring. It doesn't seem to accuse anyone of anything, nor does it exclude. The presenter says herself in the announcement:

"This workshop honours all forms of loving relationships."

By the way, I've just found out that later this month Deborah Anapol is being honoured with the 2010 "Vicki" award by the Woodhull Freedom Foundation. Each year, the "Vicki" goes to someone who has outstandingly been shown to advance and affirm sexual freedom as a fundamental human right through their work and personal lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I understand all those arguments, but I really have a strong reaction to polyamoury etc being lumped in with lgbt stuff. It propegates the idea from people who don't agree with polyamory ideals (of which I am one) that all gay people are incapable of monogamy.

It is seen as an alt sexuality by most people, like LGBT.
    If it's not for you in your life fair enough but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be respectful of other people's relationships.

I also take major umbrage at the tone of the materials to advertise. It seems like if you don't dig polyamory you're a stuffy person who isn't "loving" to their full potential or something.plus from what i gather, many polyamourous relationships are in no way bisexual. If this forum was called the minority sexuality forum then fine. But its not.

And there are poly relationships which are lesibans only and gay men only.
    And I think there are mor BI posters here then you think.

Thaedydal wrote:
    If it's not for you in your life fair enough but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be respectful of other people's relationships.

I'm not being disrespectful, I have no problem with polyamorous relationships, in actuality. Ok, I find them a bit odd, simply because I don't understand HOW they could work for me.

I'd be keen to know if this workshop was advertised in other fora, such as sex & sexuality. If it was, then that's a bit better. But I don't have access there, so I cant check. I just object to all minority sexualities being spoken about in the same way.

• Advertisement

It was and it was posted in the paganism forum as well.

As for the confusion, I think that it's can be that way when it's not you and it's hardly ever talked about.

As a bisexual I find it slightly weird that hetros and homosexual men and women all completely and utterly rule out about half the population as being just not possible for them to be attracted to or fall in love with. I understand that it's what works for them and I respect what ever relationship they forum but I still find it odd and weird.

zoegh maybe they would never work for you, it's just not your type of relationship
    a poly relationship is no better then or less then any other type.

There are monogamous types poly relationships, where those invovled are not involved with anyone out side the poly group.

My apologies if I've offended anyone or made anyone think I'm not accepting. I was just concerned that the advert was only placed here because it was assumed that gay people were commonly in these types of relationship or 'unable' to form monogamous relationships.

I am having the same type stuff siad in paganism, not exactly the I am pagan but I am not that! but along those lines and confused as to why it would be in paganism as the don't know any pagans who are poly. When they know more then they think.

zoegh I made the suggestion to Dreambiz to ask the mods here about putting up the notice.
    I am bi and know all the crap that gets said and that was not where I or Dreambiz were coming from at all.
    But we know from being in what are considered alternate communities that there are people who are poly and pagan and lgbt and poly and even poly, pagan and lgbt. There was a mix of all that and more at the recent talk
    hosted by the DublinBigroup in outhouse.

It would be incorrect to assume that all LGBT persons are poly but some are, and it's still a taboo topic poly relationships as it varies so much from the types of relationship templates we are exposed to as children.

Advertisement