Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudest guy ever.

• 09-09-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I just met the world's rudest guy. I was parked outside offices where there was a line of cars parked outside and only room for one to drive by. I came face to face with a guy about to turn in the gate. He gave me no room to get out so I tried to reverse to let him in so I could get out once he had made the turn. He drove in, ditched his car in front of the me and the gate and came over and was like why didnt you drive down there like I told you (which he didn't, we couldn't figure out what he was doing) and left me stuck with his car blocking the gate. I had to reverse all the way back to another gate and he laughed at me with some awl one.
    His wing mirror was held on with sellotape which gave me some glee- I hope someone smashed it when he did it to them:D
    I'm not saying I was right, I didn't know which move was the best, but what a p***k. I am genuinely upset!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

sounds like a tool alright. well, if youre in any way phyically intimidating, make the most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Nope, I am a girl. Wish I was, or had a giant scary neanderthal man lying in the back seat... I doubt he would have done it to a man, there'd be plenty who'd get out and whack him. I am just shocked he was so nasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

Jamie-b wrote: »
    Nope, I am a girl.

I think the more important question is....
    what were you doing out of the kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thomas353

that is so sexist!!!! women also do laundry, not just cooking:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

ddef wrote: »
    I think the more important question is....
    what were you doing out of the kitchen?
    thomas353 wrote: »
    that is so sexist!!!! women also do laundry, not just cooking:D

Both banned for 3 days for sexism. Not welcome here, lads.

• Advertisement

-Chris- wrote: »
    Both banned for 3 days for sexism. Not welcome here, lads.

Fair play, the OP also mentioned they were genuinely upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

ya should of started cryin, ignorant fcukers like that tend to not know how to react to crying girls

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

ya should of started cryin, ignorant fcukers like that tend to not know how to react to crying girls
    Are you serious? I think that's more like what he wanted - to upset us. Wish I had the courage to get out and take a photo, I could post it in the obnoxious parking thread. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Are you serious? I think that's more like what he wanted - to upset us. Wish I had the courage to get out and take a photo, I could post it in the obnoxious parking thread. :D

You should and taken a picture of his thick ignorent head..:p..

I hate assholes that think they can walk over women. Fair play to Chris above btw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I just met the world's rudest guy.

I don't remember meeting you :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I just met the world's rudest guy. I was parked outside offices where there was a line of cars parked outside and only room for one to drive by. I came face to face with a guy about to turn in the gate. He gave me no room to get out so I tried to reverse to let him in so I could get out once he had made the turn. He drove in, ditched his car in front of the me and the gate and came over and was like why didnt you drive down there like I told you (which he didn't, we couldn't figure out what he was doing) and left me stuck with his car blocking the gate. I had to reverse all the way back to another gate and he laughed at me with some awl one.
    His wing mirror was held on with sellotape which gave me some glee- I hope someone smashed it when he did it to them:D
    I'm not saying I was right, I didn't know which move was the best, but what a p***k. I am genuinely upset!

your mistake was to be polite enough to try and back up leaving him room to get in the gate and block you....next time, stand your ground...if a guy is intimidating you, lock the doors and phone the gards. Its not on bullying ANYONE like that.

corktina wrote: »
    your mistake was to be polite enough to try and back up leaving him room to get in the gate and block you....next time, stand your ground...if a guy is intimidating you, lock the doors and phone the gards. Its not on bullying ANYONE like that.

Exactly or spray him with pepperspray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sorry is this AH?

Many of the responses certainly seem like it!

OP sorry to hear that but it's not worth getting worked up about - there are dickheads everywhere you go and the best way to treat them is by ignoring them.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Sorry is this AH?

Many of the responses certainly seem like it!

OP sorry to hear that but it's not worth getting worked up about - there are dickheads everywhere you go and the best way to treat them is by ignoring them.

Thats true and no matter what sort of a dickhead you meet today youll met a bigger one the next day..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Nope, I am a girl. Wish I was, or had a giant scary neanderthal man lying in the back seat... I doubt he would have done it to a man, there'd be plenty who'd get out and whack him. I am just shocked he was so nasty

Girls are far more scary than a Neanderthal, but I can sympathize there are a lot of asses on the road and car parks. Don't let him get to you, remember he'll always be an ass, where as you'll be a nice person :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

It's for reasons like this I love driving a ****box Corolla which I don't really care about.

People realise this and back off :p

Sorry to hear about it OP but there are thick cabbage heads all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

wow i meet guys 10 times worse than this every day, its not a big deal to be honest. I was expecting worse.Rude? yes but there are people like that out there just dont let it upset you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

These people are ignorant prícks who prey on vulnerable people simply because they know they can get away with it. Don't tolerate this shít, and when these people try to do this to you, have a camera ready at all times, a notepad and pen for noting of insurance details or number plate and a phone to call the Gardaí on.

Probably because of my age, I have been in situations like this before and the Gardaí will always be on your side, especially if they start getting bullied by the motorist. Just make sure that you remain co-operative.

And if you are one of these people who thinks that you can bully vulnerable people, then change your attitude. Because if you don't, some day you will meet the wrong person who will change your attitude for you...

Advertisement