Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer log in

Options
  • 09-09-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I finished orientation today in LIT and I am not back untill monday the 20th so i cant ask at the help desk in the computer centre. I have my timetable for monday but have no timetable for the rest of the week and would like to access the eLIT link on the LIT website from my home computer to get up the page thats set as the home page on all the college computers. When I click on the link a dialogue box comes up asking for a username and password. Ive tried my k number and date of birth but it wont work. does anyone know how to get in.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

did you do it as "student\knumber" and then your password?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steve_kav

ok thanks very much mate that was my initial problem but now im on page with a notice board it says student net at one corner but when i click it i get internet explorer cannot display this website

steve_kav wrote: »
    ok thanks very much mate that was my initial problem but now im on page with a notice board it says student net at one corner but when i click it i get internet explorer cannot display this website

Hah! That's the first time I've ever seen that student portal, the page you should be getting into!

When I click on the timetable, I get the same notice as you.

*you still use Internet Explorer?! :p*

Ya i still use it because I tried firefox and can access certain websites

To be honest, they never have the timetables properly sorted. I won't know my timetable until the monday I go back and it's always liable to change for the first 2 to 3 weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they never had it sorted online to be honest...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

At the induction yesterday, we were told that the Elit is still having teething problems and the time tables on it aren't working yet.

Mars bars new intranet service. First years were the first to see it.

First year time tables were in the Street today in each departments notice board.

Most of the IT courses were only time tabled for the first 3 days and the other one i looked at. automobile eng/road management only had the first day of timetables.

ROCE1977 wrote: »
    At the induction yesterday, we were told that the Elit is still having teething problems and the time tables on it aren't working yet.

Mars bars new intranet service. First years were the first to see it.

First year time tables were in the Street today in each departments notice board.

Most of the IT courses were only time tabled for the first 3 days and the other one i looked at. automobile eng/road management only had the first day of timetables.

Well if they utilise it properly, it looks like it will be a handy feature. Sports new and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

mars bar wrote: »
    Well if they utilise it properly, it looks like it will be a handy feature. Sports new and all!

Ya its much better than the old one. ( Was in LIT last year for a few months access course to get into first year).

As long as they keep it updated it looks like a good source of info.

Moodle could do with a facelift too. lol

ROCE1977 wrote: »

Moodle could do with a facelift too. lol

Badly!

I still cant get in i get to it. I had no problem in the students union yesterday.
    I click on eLIT on the LIT I get an intranet page with a notice board and a link to staff room on the left a link to student net on the right.
    I click on student net and get 'Internet explorer cannot display the webpage'
    Is there problem or mine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

Does any1 have any timetable for IT for tomoorrow(Monday)???:(

The only one on Elit is for Business studies!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Does any1 have any timetable for IT for tomoorrow(Monday)???:(

The only one on Elit is for Business studies!! :eek:

I'm going into 3rd year Electronic Engineering and our timetable wasn't even published last year. Was months in before we were even able to get a print of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Elit is running fine at the moment. There are no timetables up because they are always subject to change over the first few weeks. If you can't access eLit call the IT Helpdesk, if you need timtables email your Course Head. All the contact details are on the LIT website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

steve_kav wrote: »
    I still cant get in i get to it. I had no problem in the students union yesterday.
    I click on eLIT on the LIT I get an intranet page with a notice board and a link to staff room on the left a link to student net on the right.
    I click on student net and get 'Internet explorer cannot display the webpage'
    Is there problem or mine?

I have the same problem from home myself

• Registered Users Posts: 17 spongelob

its ur k num example- K092347580@student.lit.ie den ur date of birth for ur password dat works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

cocomk1 wrote: »
    I have the same problem from home myself

Use this link to access the new student portal:
    https://stuportal.lit.ie/

don't forget the 's' in httpS

then use 'Student\K-number' as your username and your regular password

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

Anyone know if the timetables for video and sound tech are up yet? I hope it's as sweet as last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Passwords after registration is your DOB in this format: DDMMYYYY

For example some born on December 13th 1990: 13121990

Your email password should stay the same.

Advertisement