Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Length of time to carry out repairs?

Options
  • 09-09-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering what people here would consider to be a reasonable amount of time to carry out repairs? We're renting an apartment let by an agency on behalf of a landlord. Whenever we ring the agency, all they tell is that they can't make contact/are waiting to hear from the landlord to do something about the repairs. But in the literature we got from the agency when we moved in they say all maintenance will be organised in one or two days and seems to imply that they will do it, not the landlord. It's been two weeks since we reported our problems (broken shower and cooker amongst other smaller things) and I'm getting seriously annoyed. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I'm a landlord.

Lots af agencies are crap.

Put complaint in writing. Tell them you will arrange repair and deduct cost from rent.

I suggest saying the broken shower may be leaving puddles so is a slipping hazard, and that one of your guests already slipped and fell so you need it fixed urgently before a more serious injury occurs.

That'll wake the agent up... They won't want be be left open to legal action.

Advertisement