Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA for undergrad course question

• 09-09-2010 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

I did a undergrad in ucd under the 'free fees' scheme. So does that mean i cant claim BTEA for another undergrad course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

if you already have a degree(level 8) BTEA will not apply unless you are doing a higher diploma or a teaching postgraduate course, the fact you had free fees means nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

donegal11 wrote: »
    if you already have a degree(level 8) BTEA will not apply unless you are doing a higher diploma or a teaching postgraduate course, the fact you had free fees means nothing

Yes i have a level 8 degree.

Is a diploma rated at fetac level 7?What courses do they offer?

Does the BTEA postgrad option only apply to teaching postgrad courses-what about other postgrad courses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

A higher diploma is a postgraduate course at level 8 which you can do after your original degree.

donegal11 wrote: »

So basically because i did a degree already i cant claim btea for another degree but i can claim btea for a postgrad course. Thats annoying because im 22 now and the jobs market is ****e in this country. So im probably going to be on the dole now for another 2 years till i turn 24 and can actually apply for btea.

Surely the goverment knows that there are plenty of under 24 unemployed that want to do third level courses? why do we have to wait until we are 24 to be eligible for btea?
    Typical fianna fail.

Another thing i find confusing-what higher diploma's are on offer...do these higher diploma's have to be certain courses from specific educational institutions? i cant find a list of offered courses on the net anywhere....on the social welfare site http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/BackToEducation/Pages/ThirdLevelOption.aspx it says Contact your local second- or third-level school or college to get details of the courses available. They will also advise you on how to get a place on the course of your choice.

Eh is there not a place where i can see a whole list of available courses on one place?

• Advertisement
Advertisement