Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The fluid grace of cats

Options
  • 09-09-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

We moved house a few weeks ago... The bedroom is upstairs in this house for the first time in these cats' lives.

Also, because there is only one door here ( old Irish farmhouse) the cats cannot get in without going past the dreaded collie.

But they have solved that dilemma neatly

To our amazement one night, cat appeared at the bedroom window. And now they both exit and enter that way. There is a wide gatepost almost under the window.. But until today we had never seen either of them come in.

The cat literally ran up the wall from the gatepost... a swift fluid grace of huge beauty.

Wonderful creatures!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Aww, one of the reasons I love cats. :)

I was upstairs in my bedroom one day a few weeks ago and saw my cat just appear on the windowsill and fall off. My window was open, and he had been meowing outside and tried to jump in :eek: and fell back down, but didn't seem to mind at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

and here's the "fluid grace" (:D) of a completely relaxed cat:

127071.jpg

new and improved, with knotted legs

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

peasant wrote: »
    and here's the "fluid grace" (:D) of a completely relaxed cat:

127071.jpg

new and improved, with knotted legs
    Thats a brilliant picture....lol.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Graces7 wrote: »
    We moved house a few weeks ago... The bedroom is upstairs in this house for the first time in these cats' lives.

Also, because there is only one door here ( old Irish farmhouse) the cats cannot get in without going past the dreaded collie.

But they have solved that dilemma neatly

To our amazement one night, cat appeared at the bedroom window. And now they both exit and enter that way. There is a wide gatepost almost under the window.. But until today we had never seen either of them come in.

The cat literally ran up the wall from the gatepost... a swift fluid grace of huge beauty.

Wonderful creatures!

Wait till they start playing the "Please let me out of the front door and then I'll be back through the window and beg to be let out again" game.
    One of my cats would play that one for hours on end....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Shenshen wrote: »
    Wait till they start playing the "Please let me out of the front door and then I'll be back through the window and beg to be let out again" game.
    One of my cats would play that one for hours on end....

lol

But the dreaded collie sleeps by the front ( only door)....Before they found the window, there would be a scuffle as cat came in at window and tried to get past collie unseen. Collie is seriously claustrophobic because of past abuse and if she cannot see out she goes berserk.

So this way they have solved a major access problem; cats are not daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Its amazing when you see them in such action. I have two cats. One is male one female. I always thought that he was the more active of the two but she can scale massive heights. She was way way way up a tree in our garden one day and was meowing pathetically, i was thinking about where id get a ladder and a willing man asap. SO i went into the house to make calls, i look out the window and she is scaling down, light as a feather, stupid biatch! (me that is for believing her!):o

Advertisement