Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wife on Job Seekers Benefit, husband is working

• 09-09-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

My brothers wife has been in receipt of JSB for the last 9 months and this is due to run out in December.
    He is in full time employment and earning gross 800e or 580e net. I was wondering what (if any) Job Seekers Allowance his wife will be entitled too.
    I have done searches on this forum on have yet to get a definitive or easy to calculate answer.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

They will find an average weekly wage from the payslips she will be require to submit.

Then:
    Gross weekly wage - PRSI - €60
    The remainer is assessed as 60 cent to 1 euro (just multiply by 0.6), and that will be the weekly means they take into account. As a couple they are entitled to €326.10 a week.

For example, my boyfriend earns about €430 a week gross, our means were calculated as €214.38, so I am entitled to €111.72 a week from the social welfare.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement