Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adopt a kitten

Options
  • 09-09-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking to adopt a kitten or a cat. I was hoping that it would be free to a good home :) I am a student, repeating some subjects, so I would have a lot of free time to car for it.

Anyone know where I could look for one, newspapers etc, or does anyone have one here that they are looking to give to a good home?

I am located in Letterkenny town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

lila44 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking to adopt a kitten or a cat. I was hoping that it would be free to a good home :) I am a student, repeating some subjects, so I would have a lot of free time to car for it.

Anyone know where I could look for one, newspapers etc, or does anyone have one here that they are looking to give to a good home?

Give donegal pet rescue a ring, they ask you to make a donation to them they dont have a set fee, 0868566626, they'll be glad to help ya. I got my dog from them very very helpfull people.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

thank you for the advice!

but, I heard that they come to your house/apartment to see if it's ok, and make random visits too.

Do you know if that's true?

Not that I have anything against that at all. I understand that they have to make sure their animals are going to good homes.

Also, I live in an apartment, do you think that's ok?

thank you for the advice!

but, I heard that they come to your house/apartment to see if it's ok, and make random visits too.

Do you know if that's true?

Not that I have anything against that at all. I understand that they have to make sure their animals are going to good homes.

Also, I live in an apartment, do you think that's ok?

Never had a cat but you hear of people having them all the time in apartments, but if your renting i'd imagine you wont be allowed one in the first place and if your found to have and didn't tell the landlord / agent chances are you'll get kicked out.

I've never heard of them making house visits in my life, all they do is ask have you got a kennell / bed ect for the animal, but sure what odds is it if they started, shouldn't have an animal if ya can afford to keep it preperly, not saying you can't just so ya know its a general statement, lol.

*thinks the OP is getting a kitten to do a reinactment of the infamous woman throwing cat into bin video* :pac::pac::pac:

Never had a cat but you hear of people having them all the time in apartments, but if your renting i'd imagine you wont be allowed one in the first place and if your found to have and didn't tell the landlord / agent chances are you'll get kicked out.

I've never heard of them making house visits in my life, all they do is ask have you got a kennell / bed ect for the animal, but sure what odds is it if they started, shouldn't have an animal if ya can afford to keep it preperly, not saying you can't just so ya know its a general statement, lol.

*thinks the OP is getting a kitten to do a reinactment of the infamous woman throwing cat into bin video* :pac::pac::pac:

GOD no! hehe!

thanks anyways for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I'm looking to get a dog from the centre. Had 3 but 2 died in the past year so the other one is feeling lonely. Do they have an email? I checked on their website but it's a phone number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

Give donegal pet rescue a ring, they ask you to make a donation to them they dont have a set fee, 0868566626, they'll be glad to help ya. I got my dog from them very very helpfull people.

That is an awful lot of money to donate just for a kitten.

gavmcfad wrote: »
    That is an awful lot of money to donate just for a kitten.

I think its a fair price for getting a kitten with the purpose of throwing it into a wheelie bin, lol.
    I'm looking to get a dog from the centre. Had 3 but 2 died in the past year so the other one is feeling lonely. Do they have an email? I checked on their website but it's a phone number.

Na just the phone number, and they are notourously (or however ya spell it) hard to get, good luck with the mádra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

but 2 died in the past year so the other one is feeling lonely. Do they have an email?
    email in dog heaven? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Hi

my mate may have one going spare, I'll ask him whenever he gets into work this morning… or knowing him around midday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

wait never mind it's going to someone else. Have you tried the notice board in Garys Pet World?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Most pet rescues do home checks.. it is standard these days. To make sure you have the right facilities etc.

That eg you are not planning to keep a huge dog in a tiny bedsit.

Donegal Pet Recue answer between noon and 2 weekdays.

Try the local Animals in Need? They have always nore cats and kittens than they can cope with; dogs also; they are more available and have an answerphone.
    See the links here

http://donegalspca.com/links.html

So many dogs in the pound facing death unless someone takes them.

Landlords vary hugely; depends how often they visit the property also.;)

Funny this thread pops up cause just last week a stray pure white car with blue eyes turned up here. For those that know cats the colour and eye colour will mean something. Yes it's deaf ! Pure stone utterly deaf.

OH ain't to keen on it but I'm working on that. Still getting used to and correcting myself each time I call it. :)

Google was my friend on this. When I let out in the garden I have to go with it. Next doors Labrador has been within inches a few times !! Still have no name for it except 'the yung wan'.

Here she is wondering what I am typing on my phone just now.

http://img831.imageshack.us/i/imageeg.jpg/

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Most animals that are white with blue eyes are deaf. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭daltonm

http://inistiogepuppyrescue.com/

Lads, please visit this website. I have adopted 2 dogs from here - they NEVER put pets down and a lot of the funds are from the public although they now receive a small grant.

I am not affiliated - but I do donate and have visited and seen the good work that these people do.

Since the recession they have been inundated with dogs that owners can no longer afford (we are not to judge!) they always make room and I take my hat off to them!

daltonm wrote: »
    http://inistiogepuppyrescue.com/

Lads, please visit this website. I have adopted 2 dogs from here - they NEVER put pets down and a lot of the funds are from the public although they now receive a small grant.

I am not affiliated - but I do donate and have visited and seen the good work that these people do.

Since the recession they have been inundated with dogs that owners can no longer afford (we are not to judge!) they always make room and I take my hat off to them!

I'm sure thats a great place and all, but how in under God is a place in Wexford a help to anybody in Donegal there are plenty of rescue centres up here with animals that need homes without going to wexford for one.

I know you trying to help but the site is even useless in regards this thread the hint is in the title! ADOPT A KITTEN not adopt a dog!!!! What your doing my friend is spamming!

I'm sure thats a great place and all, but how in under God is a place in Wexford a help to anybody in Donegal there are plenty of rescue centres up here with animals that need homes without going to wexford for one.

I know you trying to help but the site is even useless in regards this thread the hint is in the title! ADOPT A KITTEN not adopt a dog!!!! What your doing my friend is spamming!

Had you bothered to click on the link then you would clearly see DUH ( or really DOH would be more suitable - wouldn't it?)... a kitten - it is an animal rescue center after all (again you would know this if you bothered to click the link instead of attacking me)..

Also, had you bothered to click on the link you would find a network of volunteers who would gladly drive from one end of this country to another to help these animals find good homes.

That is of course had you bothered.......

Oh and by the way - I am no friend of yours.............

Kitten 3 Description: Another little scared kitten from the same litter and a bit of a spitfire.Status: Ready to AdoptDate Rescued: 2010-08-03view.php?file=2220to top

daltonm wrote: »
    Had you bothered to click on the link then you would clearly see DUH ( or really DOH would be more suitable - wouldn't it?)... a kitten - it is an animal rescue center after all (again you would know this if you bothered to click the link instead of attacking me)..

Also, had you bothered to click on the link you would find a network of volunteers who would gladly drive from one end of this country to another to help these animals find good homes.

That is of course had you bothered.......

Oh and by the way - I am no friend of yours.............

Kitten 3 Description: Another little scared kitten from the same litter and a bit of a spitfire.Status: Ready to AdoptDate Rescued: 2010-08-03to top

Lmao i hope your not one of the ones attending people house going by that attutide, i did click the link...

1. the name of the place if puppy rescue inistioge! What impression does that give.

2. its all pictures of dogs down the right hand side, not a kitten in sight.

3. the front page is full of articles some about dogs none suggesting they rehome anything other than dogs

4. nothing jumps out at you when you go through all the various pages about anything other than dogs.

5. in the contact info there is a google map thing witch shows wexford as its HQ, idicating that its a wexford based rescue centre.

Please tell me when the last time one of the volonters drove to donegal with a pet for adoption? Why would you bother? and besides it would be extremly stressfull for a young pup / kitten to go on such a long journey, in fact it would almost be cruel would it not.

And dont worry its a turn of phrase "my friend" so dont take it litterally please. I wasnt attacking you either it was your post, i never even said anything boderline attacking you, where as you in the other hand have been, take a step back from the keyboard before you type please! :pac:

edit----> i have sent you a friend request though just in case......

Lmao i hope your not one of the ones attending people house going by that attutide, i did click the link...

1. the name of the place if puppy rescue inistioge! What impression does that give.

2. its all pictures of dogs down the right hand side, not a kitten in sight.

3. the front page is full of articles some about dogs none suggesting they rehome anything other than dogs

4. nothing jumps out at you when you go through all the various pages about anything other than dogs.

5. in the contact info there is a google map thing witch shows wexford as its HQ, idicating that its a wexford based rescue centre.

Please tell me when the last time one of the volonters drove to donegal with a pet for adoption? Why would you bother? and besides it would be extremly stressfull for a young pup / kitten to go on such a long journey, in fact it would almost be cruel would it not.

And dont worry its a turn of phrase "my friend" so dont take it litterally please. I wasnt attacking you either it was your post, i never even said anything boderline attacking you, where as you in the other hand have been, take a step back from the keyboard before you type please! :pac:

edit----> i have sent you a friend request though just in case......

Ah now I think you were a bit aggressive - you did shout at me.

Believe it or not there are a lot of people who do tremendous work with organisations such as this - it may be Wexford but that's just a location and not an obstacle.

My dogs travelled a long distance and it is worth it if they find good homes.

And I am/was not spamming, merely plugging a very good cause... friend :)

no fighting on my thread please :cool:

• Advertisement

Most animals that are white with blue eyes are deaf. :)
    And sometimes dumb
    danny_blue.jpg

And then of course there is always the hearing test

660759jzef7rhw6w.gif

The white cat has now been christened "Bulger". A throw back on my Boston days !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

no fighting on my thread please :cool:

Yeah I agree. Stop with the catiness!!

Yeah I agree. Stop with the catiness!!

thats it the silly unfunny (some funny) sarcastic jokes on here are too much its getting too much like AH!!!!!!

/ thread

I knew this thread would turn into a catastrophe

muffler wrote: »
    I knew this thread would turn into a catastrophe

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

/ thread is just a myth and does not work, lol.

Oh oh nsfw

This thread is purrfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

lila44, if you're still looking, I might be able to help you. A friend of mine just posted this on facebook...
    Hi Everyone, a friend of mine came out this week to find 2 separate litters of kittens dumped at her house. She is seeking homes for 5 of them as she is prepared to keep 2. If anyone can help will u please leave a comment. Thanks All

I could get you one if need be.

Advertisement