Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving county's licence questions.

Options
  • 09-09-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi folks due to unforeseen circumstances im going to have to move to waterford. I'm currently living in meath. What im wondering is what way will it work with regards to my licence's as all my permission is in meath:(. I would still be planning to shoot in meath just not as much. Any info appreciated.
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

you will need to get a letter off your local station stating that you no longer live at your old address and give them the new address. Thes send away the paperwork to headquarters and a new license is issued to your new station as far as i can remember.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Would you not use the FCA2 "Amendment section" to amend the address?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

your not gone yet horse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

ezridax wrote: »
    Would you not use the FCA2 "Amendment section" to amend the address?

Im more so wondering will there be an issue with me having my permission in a diff county!

@Endasmail. wont be long!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Okay just to elaborate.

Your permissions are only to allow you to shoot in someone else's property. They have no bearing (as such) on your licenses. That is the responsibility of your local station which very soon will be in Waterford not Meath. I would suggest getting an FCA2, fill in the amendment section with your old address and the new one. I'm not too sure which station you submit the application to, but i would hazard a guess that its your current local station.

When you move to your new house make yourself known to the local Gardai.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

elius wrote: »
    Hi folks due to unforeseen circumstances im going to have to move to waterford. I'm currently living in meath. What im wondering is what way will it work with regards to my licence's as all my permission is in meath:(. I would still be planning to shoot in meath just not as much. Any info appreciated.
    E

I moved from Waterford to Cork not so lang ago. I still make the trip up there about once every 2-3 weeks to keep an eye on rabbits and fox on my permissions.

Let me know when you make the move and get settled. If you want I can point you in the direction of a few local farmers or take you out on my permissions, just leave a few bunnies for me;)

pajero2005 wrote: »
    I moved from Waterford to Cork not so lang ago. I still make the trip up there about once every 2-3 weeks to keep an eye on rabbits and fox on my permissions.

Let me know when you make the move and get settled. If you want I can point you in the direction of a few local farmers or take you out on my permissions, just leave a few bunnies for me;)

Sound lad, Would deffo be interested in that. Send me a pm with your location in waterford!
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Sound lad, Would deffo be interested in that. Send me a pm with your location in waterford!
    Cheers!

thats ,sound BOY .

jwshooter wrote: »
    thats ,sound BOY .

O bugger waterford slang. Well boy, Sorry boy!:p:p:p

Lads forgot to mention this will only be for a short term half a year or so! :rolleyes: . As much as i like then at time there nuisance :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

O bugger waterford slang. Well boy, Sorry boy!:p:p:p

Just to confirm I'm actually a Tipp man. No "well boy" here!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭booom

i moved from wexford to dublin recently. havnt bought a new house yet so went to see the FO in wexford and he put me in touch with the FO in the local dublin station. checked in with him and he reckoned leave the licences with the wexford address till i get a new one in dublin.

Advertisement