Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight place to leave a bike in UCD?

Options
  • 09-09-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi all, I was just wondering if there are any safe places to leave a bike overnight in UCD?? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 n7sen

As long as you lock it to some sturdy metallic structure, you are good to go. Near the science hub is a neat place to leave the bikes but even if you live it near sports center, they will survive the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

Definitely in Res somewhere. The bike shed in Glenomena is pretty safe and covered

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

anndub wrote: »
    Definitely in Res somewhere. The bike shed in Glenomena is pretty safe and covered

not sure about the safest place, but the worst place, allegedly, is underneath the tunnel/between the library and arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Joneser wrote: »
    Hi all, I was just wondering if there are any safe places to leave a bike overnight in UCD?? Thanks
    If you have a cable lock - no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Blacey wrote: »
    not sure about the safest place, but the worst place, allegedly, is underneath the tunnel/between the library and arts.
    Ya you're right, apparently thiefs used to drive in a van and nick a few bikes. I admit I park there a lot, especially because it's handy for the library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I have parked at the service yard racks for 5 years and left it overnight a few times. No incidents

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Thanks a lot guys, my supervisor for my 4th year project is 20 mins walk away and I live too far away to cycle in everyday so just want to be able to leave a bike in there to cut down travel time between my supervisor and UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I usually lock my bike up near the library.
    The only thing that has ever had me worried about my bike, is this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

dyl10 wrote: »
    I usually lock my bike up near the library.
    The only thing that has ever had me worried about my bike, is this forum.

+1 Very true

AS long as its not worth its weight in gold it'll be fine.

Locked it there for 4 years...not a bother. Even for 6 months at one stage!

Anything worth more than €400, you'll jut have to invest in a really decent lock and park it away from roadways.

Advertisement