Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone have an old laptop..

Options
  • 09-09-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Hi has anyone an old laptop that I could use for accessing the internet on it is the only thing it would be used for, I haven't been on here this while as my mother is not very well and I was going to get broadband in the house (my home house don't live there anymore) and wanted to show her some old photos and videos etc I put on the internet for her school reunion which she was sadly to ill to attend (see the Coguish School reunion thread) and I can also set up skype so she can talk and see family overseas.

I know this is a cheeky request but I am just trying this to see if anyone has one they are not using anymore as I have my home computer but it is to big to put in the sitting room and it is to uncomfortable for her to go to another room. PM me if you can help and I can fill you in on this story if you can help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Carrickman wrote: »
    Hi has anyone an old laptop that I could use for accessing the internet on it is the only thing it would be used for, I haven't been on here this while as my mother is not very well and I was going to get broadband in the house (my home house don't live there anymore) and wanted to show her some old photos and videos etc I put on the internet for her school reunion which she was sadly to ill to attend (see the Coguish School reunion thread) and I can also set up skype so she can talk and see family overseas.

I know this is a cheeky request but I am just trying this to see if anyone has one they are not using anymore as I have my home computer but it is to big to put in the sitting room and it is to uncomfortable for her to go to another room. PM me if you can help and I can fill you in on this story if you can help, thanks.

i dont but just a few thoughts, can you get refurbished laptops or can one rent laptops say per week or month, this is another avenue you could use

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Picked up a second hand one in cash4U on the pearse road letterkenny a few months back, worth a look anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I'll ask around for you... can't promise anything, but will keep ear to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Cheers folks, is all happening so quick or so it seams here at the moment and I just haven't had time to think of places to look and knew this would be a good starting point!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

KS computers on road near Ramelton (it's just beside the garage i think) does 2nd hand computers. I think they are still there

• Advertisement
Advertisement