Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bed breakfast/cheap hotel

Options
  • 09-09-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

first does anyone know this place? "This luxurious and stylishly decorated hotel is located on the outskirts of Cork and is a good choice for business travellers and tourists. " It's the secret hotel.
    Second, do you know of a b and b which has a bar, or a nice cheap hotel in the middle of cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Rochestown part hotel was advertising room deals from 59euro for the family recently.

Stayed there for a wedding recently and its really nice with a good residents bar. I paid 89 euro but i was one of the last to book and the hotel was full that night.

Jurys inn in cork has room only rates of about 60euro i think. Not sure if they have a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

tinner777 wrote: »
    hi,

first does anyone know this place? "This luxurious and stylishly decorated hotel is located on the outskirts of Cork and is a good choice for business travellers and tourists. " It's the secret hotel.
    Second, do you know of a b and b which has a bar, or a nice cheap hotel in the middle of cork?

I don't have a clue what you are on about. Maybe it would help us help you if you could put your questions into perspective for us. Is it a competition or just a really exclusive hotel that requires guests to pass some elaborate tasks and challenges before you qualify to stay there?:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

murphym7 wrote: »
    I don't have a clue what you are on about. Maybe it would help us help you if you could put your questions into perspective for us.

I presume it's one of the Secret hotels on Last Minute.com

Anyway, a quick google tells me that "This luxurious and stylishly decorated hotel is located on the outskirts of Cork and is a good choice for business travellers and tourists" is, and I wouldn't have guessed it, The Commons Inn.

http://www.hotelscomparison.com/europe/ireland/cork/search-hotel-commons_inn.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

evilivor wrote: »
    I presume it's one of the Secret hotels on Last Minute.com

Anyway, a quick google tells me that "This luxurious and stylishly decorated hotel is located on the outskirts of Cork and is a good choice for business travellers and tourists" is, and I wouldn't have guessed it, The Commons Inn.

http://www.hotelscomparison.com/europe/ireland/cork/search-hotel-commons_inn.php

I think that's a 'note to self' never to chance the secret hotels :P

Jurys inn in cork has room only rates of about 60euro i think. Not sure if they have a bar.

They do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

RoverJames wrote: »
    They do

80 on line

tinner777 wrote: »
    80 on line

I was only confirming they have a bar, don't have a clue about the price. Wouldn't pay €80 to stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

pow wow wrote: »
    I think that's a 'note to self' never to chance the secret hotels :P

Oops, seems I misread that and it ain't the Commons but the Radisson, Little Island.

Apols for confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

edit -wrong thread.

Advertisement