Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hostel in Limerick

• 09-09-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for a good hostel for weeknights over the next couple of months. Parking would be important and Internet access would be super. I am aware of the Courtbrack one on the Dock road but it's student accomodation during the winter. I've looked online but got no answer to the two numbers I got there. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

I don't know of any hostels in limerick, think they were all given to refugees.
    Punches hotel or woodfield is normally cheap during week €35, booking.com maybe if you call punches them you can work out a deal. Its nice enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

johnr1 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking for a good hostel for weeknights over the next couple of months. Parking would be important and Internet access would be super. I am aware of the Courtbrack one on the Dock road but it's student accomodation during the winter. I've looked online but got no answer to the two numbers I got there. Any help appreciated.

How much is your budget???

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rye_212

Have you thought about buying a tent? Sure the weather is mild enough at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

rye1967 wrote: »
    Have you thought about buying a tent? Sure the weather is mild enough at the moment.

Where were you today? Its like the middle of winter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And where is he going to pitch a tent in the city? The People's Park or Poor Man's Kilkee? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

bazz26 wrote: »
    And where is he going to pitch a tent in the city? The People's Park or Poor Man's Kilkee? :D
    Shur aren't there loads of caravan parks?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Jeez guys. Poster was looking for advice, not ridiculous comments.

Doing a quick search on the internet myself for hostels turns up little or nothing (so much for the 3rd biggest city!)

How about contacting a B & B near to where you are working and doing a deal.
    I'm sure the off-season B & B's would be glad of the business.

Pikasso wrote: »
    Jeez guys. Poster was looking for advice, not ridiculous comments.

Doing a quick search on the internet myself for hostels turns up little or nothing (so much for the 3rd biggest city!)

How about contacting a B & B near to where you are working and doing a deal.
    I'm sure the off-season B & B's would be glad of the business.

There's a hostel opening on cecil street as far as i know, new build so not sure on ETC.

There's loads of caravan park options around limerick!!!

whats ur budget john, might be able sort u out?

rgds - Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

There are currently no hostels for tourists in Limerick City. They all closed down over the years. Some bacame refugee centres and now a wet house. The Cecil street hostel is held up for planning reasons not money reasons.
    The nearest Hostel is in sixmilebridge. Very nice but wrong location for City.

Could be a business opportunity here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

where is the hostel going on cecil street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Hi, was away from Boards for a few days there, the general consensus appears to be that there isn't one currently anyway. On the tenting suggestion, I actually know of someone doing that last summer while on a course in UL !
    KenoConnell, il pm you when I'm back on a computer as opposed to iPhone, it might be something I'd look at.
    Definitely a business opp for someone here !

Hi, was away from Boards for a few days there, the general consensus appears to be that there isn't one currently anyway. On the tenting suggestion, I actually know of someone doing that last summer while on a course in UL !
    KenoConnell, il pm you when I'm back on a computer as opposed to iPhone, it might be something I'd look at.
    Definitely a business opp for someone here !

Cool,

Feel the i phone pain for long mails!!!

The one in Cecil Street is going in where the old night club was/termights.

Theres hoarding up on the foothpath.

Rgds - Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

There are currently no hostels for tourists in Limerick City. They all closed down over the years. Some bacame refugee centres and now a wet house. The Cecil street hostel is held up for planning reasons not money reasons.
    The nearest Hostel is in sixmilebridge. Very nice but wrong location for City.

Could be a business opportunity here.

Ya the Jamaica Inn, not suitable but that's actually the nearest one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Your best bet in Limerick is a B&B there are lots of them around the city and often work out cheaper than hotels!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement