Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAAW at it again

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

Steyr wrote: »
    ATTACK THE POST NOT THE POSTER. Your very very agressive for an Anti-War Person, you have no problem attacking everybodys posts here calling them names and anything else if they dont agree with anything you say.

anti-war people are supposed to be pot smoking hippies wearing flowers in their hair?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

McDougal wrote: »
    No one would care, you'd look like a muppet and you'd have spent €25 for the privilege. Go right ahead.

Of course you won't actually do it because people like you are all talk. Not even good talk, it's stupid talk. You want to spend €25 on a book by someone you don't respect as a form of protest? Christ you're a fool. Just give the €25 to charity for war orphans and spare us your ****e.

No one can carry off the muppet look like GAAW, I'll spend my €25 which ever way I want and I'll support who I want, I dont need a handful of wasted crusties to tell me what to do. Bring back the airshow next year!!

Bosco boy wrote: »
    No one can carry off the muppet look like GAAW, I'll spend my €25 which ever way I want and I'll support who I want, I dont need a handful of wasted crusties to tell me what to do. Bring back the airshow next year!!

Well go and buy Blair's book and give your money to British soldiers. No one cares. Why are you bothering to tell us this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,593 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Well go and buy Blair's book and give your money to British soldiers. No one cares. Why are you bothering to tell us this?

I care actually.

kippy wrote: »
    I care actually.

You care that someone you don't know may buy a copy of Blair's book? Get out more is my advice

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

I've already said I've bought it, do you want me to go out and buy another copy, are you sure you are not his publisher! whos side are you on!! ease of the gear!

You care that someone you don't know may buy a copy of Blair's book? Get out more is my advice

If Bosco feels strongly enough about his purchase to post it on an internet message board (a message board which I treat with the upmost respect and seriousness) then I feel it only right that I should care about his purchase.
    You seen to care enough about it to furnish it with a reply........

kippy wrote: »
    If Bosco feels strongly enough about his purchase to post it on an internet message board (a message board which I treat with the upmost respect and seriousness) then I feel it only right that I should care about his purchase.
    You seen to care enough about it to furnish it with a reply........

Sweet jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

I have a question for the thread.
    Having just stumbled across this, & having read it from the start, I'm left wondering if McDougal is a troll?:confused: Because nearly every post s/he's made on this thread has included an insult for someone. I'm genuinely confused as to whether s/he wanted to start a discussion or was simply looking to provoke people. If it's the first, then constantly insulting your fellow posters seems a strange way to further a discussion. If it's the second...well done, mission accomplished!:rolleyes:
    Why would you want to do that tho?

catreyn wrote: »
    Having just stumbled across this, & having read it from the start, I'm left wondering if McDougal is a troll?:confused: Because nearly every post s/he's made on this thread has included an insult for someone. I'm genuinely confused as to whether s/he wanted to start a discussion or was simply looking to provoke people. If it's the first, then constantly insulting your fellow posters seems a strange way to further a discussion. If it's the second...well done, mission accomplished!:rolleyes:

The whole thread is trolling. It's just some muppet obsessed with GAAW and is hoping to offend its members. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

2BBFC26DE2EE4D4281711874825CC9BA-0000336624-0001878059-00500L-07584BD68DC34A49A8D3E3E756FD5582.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Steyr wrote: »
    2BBFC26DE2EE4D4281711874825CC9BA-0000336624-0001878059-00500L-07584BD68DC34A49A8D3E3E756FD5582.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Dare I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

The whole thread is trolling. It's just some muppet obsessed with GAAW and is hoping to offend its members. It shouldn't be taken seriously.

:D:D

Then I'm lost Ted cos I've no idea who the GAAW member is anymore! It's not you?:eek::P Used to live in Galway, remember when they first formed up... ::shakes head::
    Consider me back in my cave lurking...;)

Dare I ask?

Humour.
    Very strange and rare word in the Galway city forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Honestly I think it would be better if we all just ignored GAAW, they love the publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Hotwheels wrote: »
    Visited the Intrepid in NY, if you ever get a chance visit...

SR-21 Blackbird one of many on show...Concorde there as well

USAF had a Jet parked in times square as part of a recruitment drive...:cool:

4942836672_5c7fd096bb_m.jpg

Great way to spend a couple of hours, it's amazing the actual size of concorde when you are inside it. It's a lot smaller than you expect

I'm left wondering if McDougal is a troll?:confused: Because nearly every post s/he's made on this thread has included an insult for someone. I'm genuinely confused as to whether s/he wanted to start a discussion or was simply looking to provoke people. If it's the first, then constantly insulting your fellow posters seems a strange way to further a discussion. If it's the second...well done, mission accomplished!:rolleyes:

A certain user has previously had a 7 day ban. I'm not on about myself of course. Report said users post if you feel this is the case as per the charter

Great way to spend a couple of hours, it's amazing the actual size of concorde when you are inside it. It's a lot smaller than you expect

They also have one at the museum of flight in Seattle, which as it happens also has a blackbird as part of its display

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

They have great museums for that kind of stuff over there, seen the u-boat in the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago as well.

The only problem is sore feet from walking around because there's so much to see, take note Ireland on how to do tourism - we need to squash an auld sunken Spanish Galleon into our museum somehow. The Galway hooker although good just doesn't cut it and it's also brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Actually I would say this entire thread has a lot of rot on it. It has gone waaaay off topic, if the original topic was the GAAW protest and Blair's book, and no one seemed to really care that they are just one group of people who are doing this with the book. Fair enough ignoring people if you think they are wrong, but doesn't this mean the thread has run its course now and we can post about big planes and such in the appropriate aviation fora?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

inisboffin wrote: »
    , but doesn't this mean the thread has run its course now and we can post about big planes and such in the appropriate aviation fora?

Yeah, there is a B52 with an SR-71 under it in Duxford north of Stansted. That particular SR-71 has a record for altitude ...around 17 miles up.

I thought the one on the Intrepid was an A-12 not an SR-71 :D

• Advertisement

It's an interesting mentality. Wanting to spend €25 on the memoirs of a war mongering religious extremist just to piss of a group of people who will never know you purchased it. Of course it's just the usual hot air from the usual morons on here who've never done anything in their meaningless lives.

Meaningless lives, perhaps.
    But the question is, what is best in life?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Yeah, there is a B52 with an SR-71 under it in Duxford north of Stansted. That particular SR-71 has a record for altitude ...around 17 miles up.

I thought the one on the Intrepid was an A-12 not an SR-71 :D

No idea why you quoted me

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

/thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement