Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a dog to New Zealand

Options
  • 09-09-2010 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all,

Any recommendations on shipping a dog to New Zealand? Trying to find a company that treat the dogs ethically with lots of breaks and change beddings.

Anyone have any experience of transporting their dogs at all? Any advice on what companies to avoid / check out?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I don't know much about transport but make sure the vaccines your dog has been given here are ok to be brought into New Zealand. A family I know went back to Australia and tried to bring their dog with them to discover they weren't allowed bring him in because they had given him Lepto vaccines while her was in Ireland. Probably no harm to contact their dept of Agriculture.
    (I realise Australia and New Zealand are different but both are very strict on diseases/insects etc from entering the counteries)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lisasimps

thanks too many dogs, all that side of it is looked after, just looking for a good transport company at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Did you try Ladyhaye ? We used them for transporting our dog (not NZ but still a long haul flight). They were expensisve (presume they all are!) but very good and really looked after our special cargo.

What kind of money are we looking at transporting dogs to places like Australia/New Zealand?

Im hoping to bring my dog over to Australia next year

Advertisement