Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Wheels / Campag Hubs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

Very nice. What do you mean by "Is there anything I could do with this screw on hub?" - what do you want to end up with?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Very nice. What do you mean by "Is there anything I could do with this screw on hub?" - what do you want to end up with?

Exactly. What can I do with it?

Fixie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Sell 'em to a campy fetishist on ebay?

niceonetom wrote: »
    Sell 'em to a campy fetishist on ebay?

Eh, for magic beans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

what's wrong with a throwing on a screw on hub and using the wheels, sure you could probably do with a new frame to go with those wheels and such

• Advertisement

Can you still get screw on hubs?

Brand new shimano 7 speed hubs in rothar, so i preusume so. i doubt they're particularly uncommon if they're in there...

The tool to get them off is uncommon I reckon. That's the prob.

They should be able to get it off. if you take a picture of the hub i can probably tell you if they can take it off.

abcdggs wrote: »
    They should be able to get it off. if you take a picture of the hub i can probably tell you if they can take it off.

Ah, no probs. there. Up to Joe Dalys as I said earlier, they'll have it off in a Jiff.

• Advertisement

Planet X wrote: »
    Ah, no probs. there. Up to Joe Dalys as I said earlier, they'll have it off in a Jiff.
    Grand, i'll be waiting on updates in the images of beauty thread

abcdggs wrote: »
    Grand, i'll be waiting on updates in the images of beauty thread

Don't be holding the auld breath.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭ciarsciars

Hey, Don't mean to hijack this thread but wanna ask a quick question. I have a set of wheels with campag record hubs that look identical to the ones the OP posted pics of. Only difference is the rear hub has a 7 speed screw on freewheel.

The rear axle recently broke recently, which i believe was common enough with campag axles of that time. I just wondering if anyone can tell me what axle i would need to buy to replace it, what measurements I would have to take etc. and where i can buy it.

Sorry I have no idea re road bike components, particularly older ones.

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Eh, for magic beans?
    For moneis. People pay a fair bit for what you have. Are they Wolber tub rims? If so the wheels (in good condition) will be quite desirable for the right person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

The tool to get them off is uncommon I reckon. That's the prob.
    Every bike shop will have a tool to remove shimano freewheels, as they are common as muck. 99% of sub €300 bikes use them.

Advertisement