Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seen the Irish Times on the Kindle?

Options
  • 09-09-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

One of the reasons I am thinking of buying a Kindle is to read newspapers. Has anyone seen the Irish Times on a Kindle? Amazon say that not all images from the paper are displayed. Is this 90% of all images or 10%? Do I need the bigger DX screen to have a good experience?

Thanks in advance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You really want the DX for papers, magazines, manuals.

The regular Kindle is for "paperback" format books.

Reports I've read suggest there are virtually no images. This could be to save on 3G Mobile distribution costs as each images take 1000x more traffic than a page of text.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mnolan

I finally saw it myself. I saw no pictures at all. Very disappointing. This was the standard 3G model but I don't believe that the pictures will be shown on the DX version either. Also, access to articles was very clunky - either click from one article to the next or navigate from a single top-level index. No indexes for individual sections such as sports.

This is probably no reflection on the Kindle, just poor support from the Irish Times.

Advertisement