If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to upgrade my AV Reciever

Options
  • 09-09-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi Richersounds Team,

I am looking for an AV Reciever with HDMI audio as well as switching, this will hopefully replace my Sony STR-DB875 which i brought from your old dublin store a few years back. Looking to spend in the region of 300-500 euro ex delivery.

Cheers
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi alan.

Apologies for the delay, things have been a bit hectic here recently.

Your best bet for 300-500 Euro at the moment would be either :

Pioneer VSX820 - £399.95 / €499 Top end of your budget but a seriously good A/V receiver that sounds great and has some really nice iphone functions.

Onkyo TXSR578 - £349.95 / €439.99. Another receiver that has a slightly warmer sound that the Pioneer for music and still very good for A/V.

Denon AVR1611. Also £349.95 / €439.99 - Onkyo and Denon have been fighting the piece out in terms of who get's the reviews etc and there really isn't much between these units and both their bigger brothers in the Denon AVR1911 and the Onkyo 608 are both getting great reviews and are both very popular among boardies.

These would be the best 3 options at the moment and any of these will impress. The speakers are important too and sometimes bright sounding speakers are better matched to the Denon or the Onkyo but the Pioneer sounds impressive.

I hope this helps, but if you asked me....i'd be buying the Onkyo.....as I have one.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hi Dave,

Sorry about the delay on getting back to you on this ...

Could you also give me a price on an Onkyo TXSR608 pls ?

THanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mcsirl.

At the moment we have a little special on the the Onkyo TX-SR608 (While Stocks last). The Onlyo TXSR608 is priced at £439.95 and comes with a free Onkyo UPA1 iPod Dock:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txsr608/onkyo-txsr608-blk

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.