Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

12 volt fluorescent strip lights

• 09-09-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has sourced these here. Plenty on ebay but postage is a bit wacky

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

cubix wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has sourced these here. Plenty on ebay but postage is a bit wacky

Thanks

If you search on ebay.co.uk or other european sites you can sort by price including p&p to ireland for some reason its not a feature on ebay.ie they've also ballsed up the advanced search lately to not include items located in any country as it used to. Anyway they are there for about £11 delivered hard to beat that price ...

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=12V++FLOURESCENT&_sacat=0&_stpos=&_sop=15&gbr=1&_odkw=12V+%28FLOURESCENT%2C+STRIP%29+-LED&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers for that Paddy;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

No need for Ebay , I buy mine in the local HArdware . The same are used in undercounter lighting , and shaving lamps .

Are you talking about 230v or 12v Aidan. The reason I ask is because I have tried the local electrical wholesaler with no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Around €3.85 in B&Q today.

• Advertisement

Did a search on B&Q site but no 12v fluorescent lights. Just to make it clear, I am looking for the complete light not just the lamps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

saw the low voltage b&q ones a couple of weeks ago pure junk made out of really brittle plastic diffuser has vents and the tabs were snapped off diffuser on one a previous customer had opened it wouldn't last a week if you have kids and if you bump your head on it will be in bits. you could i suppose use the ballast in a mains voltage fitting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Think our double bulb lamps are 20 odd Euro , I was mistaken above about the Hardware . We get bulbs there , but not the lamps . The ones we fit/sell are used in Factory build campers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fiachra cork

Not sure if your sorted but I have one that I used in a van - connects right up to a battery. Ive put it on ebay - perhaps to my detriment!! Only saw your query in the last couple of minutes. Talk about arse about face!!

Advertisement