Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which domain should i pick?

Options
  • 09-09-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I can't decide between GizmoDojo or GizmoWow:D.Its going to be a tech site so has to be tech related.Pick one or maybe you have a better one?:)

Thanks.
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Gizmodojo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

If I were you I'll get the two of them ASAP and use the one you feel more comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

Oh snap!Now gizmodojo is gone......Ok who took it??:mad:

soo Im left with gizmowow which Im not really happy with....

I was thinking more about doing a gaming website instead of a tech one seeing as Im only really interested in the gaming part of tech.

Anyone got any possible domains for a gaming one?:confused:

Thanks,
    sean

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

Don't be telling people what you're thinking of using!! Eagle eyes might just go buy it before you hoping you'll pay more to buy it off them.

Gizmodojo.com was gone since 2006 so you were out of luck with that one anyway. Coming up with a name can be a real pain, mostly for your own psychological mindset feeling like you've got a good one - but to be fair a name can only do so much for you, if you don't get good content on the site you're planning it won't matter a jot.

You might get advice about buying Gizmodojo with a .net, .mobi, .me or something else but personally I'd stay clear of them unless you have the .com and simply want to protect the name from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lostinspace

Hi OP.

I'd have a look at this domain name generator (http://www.zdnetasia.com/downloads/windows/springboard-domain-seeker_sw-39580842.htm). It's definitely worth running it for an hour or two and then trawling through the results. It really is very good.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replys guys!Ok so once I get my domain who do you think I should host it with?I have a load of ideas up in my head but the main ones are I want to have a gaming blog sort of thing with news and I also Want a forum to go along with it.Any ideas?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Actually I preferred gizmowow. Gizmodojo is too much like gizmodo.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

seanob43 wrote: »
    ...who do you think I should host it with?

Unfortunately no-one here can advise you on this one as hosting talk is a no-no. Read this thread and go from there :)
    Gordon wrote: »
    Actually I preferred gizmowow. Gizmodojo is too much like gizmodo.

I was thinking the same. The wow was sticking in my head and is easy to say - the gizmowow doesn't make you use more facial muscles and that's said to be a good way to choose a name. Think of lots of swear words, generally the popular cuss words are simple sounding and I read some research about how swear words are popular because of this - maybe go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

so gizmowow?or what about wowgizmo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Hi OP.

I'd have a look at this domain name generator (http://www.zdnetasia.com/downloads/windows/springboard-domain-seeker_sw-39580842.htm). It's definitely worth running it for an hour or two and then trawling through the results. It really is very good.

Fantastic program.. thanks :)

Advertisement