Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning to Bikes

• 09-09-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Just wondering if you can help me here, my friend is coming home from Australia. He has been there on and off for the last 10 years but has kept his Irish Car Licence during his time away.

He had a GSXR750 before he went away, he is bringing back a GSXR1000 and wants to know what he needs to do to get a Licence here or can he drive it on his full car Licence. He is now 40 years of age, he last heald a prov bike licence in 1989 ish.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

you had 5 years from expire date to renew original provisional license after that you need to start from scratch . I have feeling that non of the insurance companies will touch him with gsxr 1000 on learner permit .....

bike will have to be restricted even if he gets full license

Advertisement