Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackboard Access

• 09-09-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Can anyone log in?I registered today and cannot log on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Remmy wrote: »
    Can anyone log in?I registered today and cannot log on.

I'd give it a few days, usually aint up and running till the students are all registered.

There's nothing on it yet anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

I managed to get on today, from talking to people in IT Services:

To get yourself activated, you need to:

1. Use the Password Reset terminal on the 3rd floor of the LRC/Library.
    2. Click on "Enter Secure Area" after completing the PIN details
    3. Click on "HEA Survey" and complete the 3 pages of it.
    4. You must complete the survey or your card is not activated

The IT Services helpdesk is on the 3rd floor of the LRC/Library, turning right at the top of the stairs and walking into the little corner area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

ILA wrote: »
    I managed to get on today, from talking to people in IT Services:

To get yourself activated, you need to:

1. Use the Password Reset terminal on the 3rd floor of the LRC/Library.
    2. Click on "Enter Secure Area" after completing the PIN details
    3. Click on "HEA Survey" and complete the 3 pages of it.
    4. You must complete the survey or your card is not activated

The IT Services helpdesk is on the 3rd floor of the LRC/Library, turning right at the top of the stairs and walking into the little corner area.

Ok thank you I'll try that on Monday.I went to activate my account yesterday,went through all the levels,then it resets itself.All the students around me were having the same problem.I queried it with i.t services on the third floor and was told that it takes an hour or two for it to recognise on the system.hypochondriac mode aah :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

All the information on how to activate your student account was in the handout/leaflet thingy given out when you got your student card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

nothing gets past me.:(If I did it incorrectly is it possible to do it next week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Ms Happy wrote: »
    All the information on how to activate your student account was in the handout/leaflet thingy given out when you got your student card
    Didn't get one, and never saw anyone else with them. I know there was a Library Internet service leaflet, but it's hidden on a trolley behind the books in the library, and I didn't think anything of it.

I've been in the LRC for most of the past three days and have saw dozens of students come up to the PIN reset terminal and the IT Services Helpdesk but none of them seem to be any the wiser and a good few ended up locking their account on the system from trying it too often.

So as far as I and most others were aware from Registration (which was a shambles too) you just head to the library and ask someone there how to activate it. But evidently it didn't work, and the IT Services have no one attending the PIN Terminal since Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

I can log in from the LRC but not from at home :(

Advertisement