Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justin Bieber - I dont get it...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

He's the modern excuse for people to look down their noses at pop music. Saying he's ****e is fine but saying he has no talent is snobbery.

Yeah, i'm only kidding; am with you, for the most part.
    He's there to appeal to 8 year old girls and if i was an 8 year old girl i'm sure i'd love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

He's an androgynous singer the latest product being sold to underage pre-pubescent girls in the US.
    All the girls want to 'sleep' with this heart-throb. It's all a little disturbing really and best avoided for the sake of your mental health :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

easy target much? you guys are pathetic he's a living legend for christ sake. and just because your own personal taste is probably questionable, no need to question mine.

but its Jedward that bring the hi-energy and intensity. the unpredictability - raucous loose cannons in an otherwise jaded industry i had all but given up on. rock n roll saviours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

my guess to why people hate him is he ****es on about being in love or exs and **** even tho hes only like 15 r 16 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

ascanbe wrote: »
    Yeah, i'm only kidding; am with you, for the most part.
    He's there to appeal to 8 year old girls and if i was an 8 year old girl i'm sure i'd love him.
    The lad will be earning hundreds of millions by the time he's 18. Quite the target market he has.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Star Bingo wrote: »
    easy target much? you guys are pathetic he's a living legend for christ sake. and just because your own personal taste is probably questionable, no need to question mine.
    Go to bed, I suspect you have second year class in the morning. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Star Bingo wrote: »

but its Jedward that bring the hi-energy and intensity. the unpredictability - raucous loose cannons in an otherwise jaded industry i had all but given up on. rock n roll saviours

While I agree with most of what you say (if you can make money singing crap music, power to ya) the bit in bold got me. How are jedward "loose cannons"? if anything, I would have thought them fairly tyical of the most definitely jaded industry.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I don't get all the hate either.

He's young and he's rich. Personally I don't like his music, but he must be doing something right to earn his money.

The hatred for him is simple, jealousy. To say he has no talent, is again, stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

It annoys me when you're watching a good youtube vid and people keep commenting and mentioning the little toadstool as not fit to hold a candle to for example Zeppelin. Well . . . Duh!! Kind of stating the ultra-obvious really, its not like they get a Zep vs Sabbath or Pink Floyd or Cream debate going.

Example here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73dvrir5kig&feature=related

Ok all joking aside.

He giving the sing lark a bash for his age.
    He's been used (like many!) for the sake of profit, by record companies.
    He's become famous and is making a packet himself.
    He's being marketed to the pre-teens and slightly upper teens which is a bit cheesy.
    To a certain extent, he's over-hyped, over played and sometimes over here too much in Europe with his mediocre, forgettable next month, pop drivel.

So he's another countries single version of Jedward.

Not my taste (can't stand the chap) but then he's not being marketed to me - I'm far too old.
    (I think anyone over 16 is too old - but thats just an opinion)
    Another 10 years and god knows where he will be when his voice might break further.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

snyper wrote: »
    Its got over 40million dislikes on youtube

No wonder. Its Gay

40,4783 dislikes now. I logged on specifically to "dislike" it.

And I didnt even turn the sound on.
    Oh, and saying "its gay" is insulting to all the creative and talented LGBT people in music.

Biggins, I reckon in another ten years Bieber will be a meth addict in a trailer park.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

I don't find the radio good no more. Is that a sign of old age? Listening to Joe Duffy now, its getting that bad. What next I begin to agree with the man?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

IvySlayer wrote: »

The hatred for him is simple, jealousy. To say he has no talent, is again, stupid.

Of course, who wouldnt be jealous of all the money, links etc he has. But thats not even the reason. (for me anyway)
    But to be fair, talent? Who knew Autotune and lip syncing was talent? Oh wait, in this day and age it is.. :rolleyes: And he doesnt write any of he's own music.
    He's a "pretty young boy" aimed at little girls who would pretty much buy anything with he's name on it because they "love" him and he's "music". Its sadly a popular formula these days, like Jonas brothers, Busted, so on and so forth. Makes Jedward look straight.. nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Crap like that is there to make real music sound even better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

for those who fail to realize such a device is about winning the hearts and minds of females the world over thus further rendering the USA a 'paradise' via their favoured method of media assault.

that he made his impact as a preteen child shows this has no bounds. just pretend you're german and never heard of him, and try not to bring him to our attention when we were blissfully unaware. because love or hate him, its PR and he becomes more famous.

whats the average age of AH? poll..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Con1988

and the child killer and nut bag puppy thrower are in the same catogorie?? no not at all!!

Justin Bieber is just a little fag, he is annoying lil prick, but sure the public needs a escape goat for these miserable time, why not a late blooming teenage boy!! seems like a good enough victim. he is like the puppies and children he cant fight back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Biggins wrote: »
    American single version of Jedward.

No Justin can actually sing Jedward can't
    When a fella becomes so famous and popular making crap music,some people will resent him. He has 300 million views on one youtube video.The song in question is crap. There are many many less popular yet far more talented artists around and I guess that's why he is disliked.

Apparently hes not a crap singer considering he has so many views. The song in question is crap, thats your opinion. Everybody has different taste in music.

He is disliked because of jealously and that hes made more money at the age of 15/16 then 'working class' people make in the lifetime.
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    I don't get all the hate either.

He's young and he's rich. Personally I don't like his music, but he must be doing something right to earn his money.

100% agree
    40,4783 dislikes now. I logged on specifically to "dislike" it.

And I didnt even turn the sound on.

How mature of you.
    Con1988 wrote: »

Justin Bieber is just a little fag, he is annoying lil prick!

So you know him personally then? How is annoying? Did you do somthing to insult you? Did he hurt your feelings? Aww, did he make you cry with jealously?

Some of the responses here are a joke. The hate is way over the top. I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber, personally his music is just not my style. I don't fecking hate the chap because of it.

Some boardies need to grow up:rolleyes:

No Justin can actually sing Jedward can't...
    Well he does auto-tune well, I will give him that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Some boardies need to go up

.....and some boardies need to check their spelling:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Con1988

So you know him personally then? How is annoying? Did you do somthing to insult you? Did he hurt your feelings? Aww, did he make you cry with jealously?

Of course I don't know him personally, if I did you think I would be ranting and raving on boards.ie about him!!

but check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObWAJhmkpI

• Advertisement

Con1988 wrote: »
    Of course I don't know him personally, if I did you think I would be ranting and raving on boards.ie about him!!

but check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObWAJhmkpI

I just find his idiocy amusing tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Interview with him.

"Is (random word) German for basketball?

"I'm sorry what?"

*about 2/3 minutes of talk about it then finally gets shown the card*

"oh I'm sorry we don't use that (German) in America".

The fact that he's Canadian just shows he has no idea about anything.

No Justin can actually sing Jedward can't

Apparently hes not a crap singer considering he has so many views. The song in question is crap, thats your opinion. Everybody has different taste in music.

He is disliked because of jealously and that hes made more money at the age of 15/16 then 'working class' people make in the lifetime.

100% agree

How mature of you.

Some of the responses here are a joke. The hate is way over the top. I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber, personally his music is just not my style. I don't fecking hate the chap because of it.

Some boardies need to grow up:rolleyes:

We hate him for reasons. We don't hate him out of jealousy. I hate him since he believes he's American. Others (myself included) hate him since he's just an icon to appeal to masses of little girls and mothers that think "oh he's so sweet"... YES HE IS! That's his gimmick. Just like Britney at age 17/18/19 it's all a freakin' gimmick. It wouldn't surprise me if it's like Steps and it's just dubbed...
    I'd like to add that it's nothing more than a pre/youngteen hearthrob, give it... 4 years or so and he'll end up having little and making little money. I don't mean that as an evil wish to the guy but let's face it, fads like this die down a lot. Steps, b*witched, Robbie Williams, Take That. They get their moments and then just vanish basically. I'm not saying he won't still get concerts just that the media won't cover him much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Gimp with gimp hair.

Chorcai wrote: »
    Gimp with gimp hair.

Metrosexual hair you mean. It's what's "in" apprently...

Interview with him.

"Is (random word) German for basketball?

"I'm sorry what?"

*about 2/3 minutes of talk about it then finally gets shown the card*

"oh I'm sorry we don't use that (German) in America".

The fact that he's Canadian just shows he has no idea about anything.

We hate him for reasons. We don't hate him out of jealousy. I hate him since he believes he's American. Others (myself included) hate him since he's just an icon to appeal to masses of little girls and mothers that think "oh he's so sweet"... YES HE IS! That's his gimmick. Just like Britney at age 17/18/19 it's all a freakin' gimmick. It wouldn't surprise me if it's like Steps and it's just dubbed...
    I'd like to add that it's nothing more than a pre/youngteen hearthrob, give it... 4 years or so and he'll end up having little and making little money. I don't mean that as an evil wish to the guy but let's face it, fads like this die down a lot. Steps, b*witched, Robbie Williams, Take That. They get their moments and then just vanish basically. I'm not saying he won't still get concerts just that the media won't cover him much.

Can you see the difference between your post and other peoples? You are giving valid reasons why to hate him and I respect that. I've no problem with somebody thinking differently to me provided they can give a good enough reason.

And lets be honest, all of the above is POP in general not just Justin Bieber

Can you see the difference between your post and other peoples? You are giving valid reasons why to hate him and I respect that. I've no problem with somebody thinking differently to me provided they can give a good enough reason.

And lets be honest, all of the above is POP in general not just Justin Bieber

The difference to me is I just explained more, in detail. TBH, I didn't see a problem with the kid untill I saw that interview. But let's face it, "he's an idiot" could be the same as "he doesn't care about his own country". It depends on the detail.
    But the "he's gay/fag" references, are a bit annoying. I doubt he's homosexual at all, he's just metrosexual. And more than likely, advertised that way.

Pop, no. Boy bands, yes! That's the thing. The early/mid-late 90s were full of boy and girl bands/singers. It was the high time for them! Now it's rap and hip-hop which is something else altogether. Imagine trying to mainstream the song... P.I.M.P during the year 1995. It would take off but not the way it did when it was released. That's the problem. Cutesy kids like Justin are hated and dispised, with good reason. Disney has gone from movies and cartoons to an all our war with entertainment. I might have only grown up in the mid 90s (born in 88) but I do know for a fact the "old" disney movies were a lot more edgier.

*just skip to this to get the main point*
    In ther 90s, there were boy/girl bands then, all the rage. But now it's rap/hip-hop, there is no time for people like Justin. Take Britney, she was moreso sex appeal, THEN songs/music. Just like Justin (though it's not sexual moreso cute). But it's old, or different. It's "wrong and weird".

Now do you understand what the problem is?
    I do see your point but I want to try to make sure you see why people can hate without a good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Just some one who gets young teenage females interested in sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

This should explain everything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijr4rwb2WbE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

snyper wrote: »
    Its got over 40million dislikes on youtube

No wonder. Its Gay
    406,358 isn't even over a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Skinfull wrote: »
    All the hate I mean. Why does everyone hate him? I have never heard his "music"
    well there's your answer right there

Advertisement